Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Extraordinary X-Men 3 (spoilers)

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So since I didn't see a topic for it, I figured I start one!

I really liked this issue in terms of the action and I'm actually starting to like Teen Jean now, which I didn't think was possible before. I am however still not warming up to Logan very much. Too much of a Negative Nancy.

I liked how they brought back the ice clones, but I wasn't aware that it was so difficult for Iceman to control them and I was also confused as to why they were in stasis. Was it required because there wasn't enough moisture in Limbo or something?

I liked that the relationship with Forge and Storm wasn't forgotten, but Storm seemed like she didn't care much for it. Not sure how I feel about that.

Still no progression with what's going on with Colossus, Magik, or Nightcrawler. That kinda needs to speed up a bit.

Then there was the younger X-students participating in battle. Glob is the one that talks the most, and I don't care much for him. Anole however is still regarded as a natural leader and that got me psyched. Glad he's being remembered? But what REALLY made me happy that Indra actually showed up. Sure he didn't say anything, but he's still there! The new girl is also still a question mark. I don't think there needs to be any new mutants but I already like her more than the likes of Eye Boy and Shark Girl.

Your thoughts, questions, comments, or concerns?

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was also glad to see Indra, and I'm glad that Anole got a part. Never really cared about Glob Herman, but he can be funny sometimes I guess. Between all that and seeing Surge last issue, I'm really hoping we'll see more of the NXM getting some kind of role. But I'm doubtful, except for Anole and Glob. I'll just keep hoping. :P

I'm also warming to Teen Jean. I've been liking her attitude in this series. I didn't read too much of Bendis's ANXM so I'm not as familiar with her as others .. I couldn't take his writing, especially the way he handled X-23. Made me too filled with rage. So I don't have a preexisting hate of her. lol

Mostly I was glad that this was a much better issue than Hopeless's ANXM.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spot Reserved For Mutant GodKings T-Mist Journal...(haven't read anything yet)

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I look forward to the next entry! I find them really enjoyable.

@beaubier: Yeah it seemed that those kids will finally have just a little bit of relevance again. I'm also pretty sure I saw Transonic in the background too since I doubt it was Mystique. But yeah, Glob and Anole will probably get more attention out of any young mutants.

And Teen Jean with Bendis just had an aggravating personality and way of doing things in my opinion. With this issue she wasn't having any of Logan's destiny talk or pity. I liked that. And yeah, Laura is gonna need some time to recover...

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good. Hoped to see Nightcrawler and Sinister, but hopefully they will be there next time. I liked the battle, Glob stepping up was cool, Logan is alright, and the dialog between Forge and Storm made me think that we might see their relationship rekindled.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didnt like it seems like there running out fo stories

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I wouldn't say that yet. There's still the issue of the X-Men surviving Limbo, whether Storm is even just imagining the professor at this point, everything going on with Sinister and Nightcrawler, what Cylcops did with the Inhumans and if he's really dead, and if there is a way to stop the sterilization. So it has a bit more left for story.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good. Hoped to see Nightcrawler and Sinister, but hopefully they will be there next time. I liked the battle, Glob stepping up was cool, Logan is alright, and the dialog between Forge and Storm made me think that we might see their relationship rekindled.

I hope not ;__;....

didnt like it seems like there running out fo stories

I get that feel to a degree too. I am liking the series so far buut I can't not escape the feel of been there done that too many times, with the whole fighting for survival of the species plot focus for the past 10+ years.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Zearing
    @koays said:

Spot Reserved For Mutant GodKings T-Mist Journal...(haven't read anything yet)

When is this coming anyway? I really enjoy these.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: lol totally forgot I did that...will have to send that out later tonight or maybe I'll give it its own thread...

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to Rachel?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

What happened to Rachel?

she ran away with Koays

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: I don't recall seeing her anywhere. Hopefully she's around somewhere.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @darthphoenix said:

What happened to Rachel?

she ran away with Koays

That's just what Koays says. I hear she was kidnapped.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinistersoul said:

I hope not ;__;....

Storm and Forge belong together!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:
    @sinistersoul said:

I hope not ;__;....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinistersoul said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:
    @sinistersoul said:

I hope not ;__;....

No Caption Provided

Yup, they had their time, they did their thing, but it's time to move on...

No Caption Provided

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'm neither for Forge and Storm or against it. Can't say I'd feel much if either happened. Just keep Logan and Jean platonic and something that'll never ever be on the table ever.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinistersoul said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:
    @sinistersoul said:

I hope not ;__;....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the Storm and Forge relationship never destined to be?? Destiny stated that Forge and Mystique were supposed to be together. I guess Destiny was wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the Storm and Forge relationship never destined to be?? Destiny stated that Forge and Mystique were supposed to be together. I guess Destiny was wrong.

What else is new?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @cattlebattle said:

What else is new?

Too bad she didn't foretell how crappy the X-Men franchise would become in two decades. :/

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinistersoul: that does it! *comes through your pc screen*

No Caption Provided

Well I only have a tablet and phone. Try fitting through them :p

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.