Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Extraordinary X men 02 Discussion (Spoilers!)

• 54 results
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

So yea just read it, looks like most the site was right on point about the location of X haven, i have to say they did a little worst then the weapon X facility lol.

Jean and Logan interaction? what does everyone think

OH Surge sighting towards the end, thats kind of cool.

And that wasn't nightcrawlers tail in a crack, it was his tail in a puddle of blood,

Oh Sinister! Thats interesting

Discuss !!

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm enjoying it so far.

Didn't really answer any questions about Jean being in collage like the writer claimed it would. Sinister is cool. (safe to assume that he is what happened to Nightcrawler) I am interested to see how Logan is going to adjust to this new world, and also doubt that a relationship will happen between him and Jean like a few people have been applying.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it so far.

Didn't really answer any questions about Jean being in collage like the writer claimed it would. Sinister is cool. (safe to assume that he is what happened to Nightcrawler) I am interested to see how Logan is going to adjust to this new world, and also doubt that a relationship will happen between him and Jean like a few people have been applying.

I doubt a relationship as well, but i think it kind of did answer the school thing. She stated she had been kind of stand offish and it seemed that this was her first time in a social environment, then showed how that date went lol also i kind of thought that it was an inhuman kid so kind of cool that it was and how the kid totally hated her even though she saved him

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @immolation said:

I'm enjoying it so far.

I doubt a relationship as well, but i think it kind of did answer the school thing. She stated she had been kind of stand offish and it seemed that this was her first time in a social environment, then showed how that date went lol also i kind of thought that it was an inhuman kid so kind of cool that it was and how the kid totally hated her even though she saved him

maybe he claimed to be a inhuman cause he knew mutants are hated

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Jean and Hank romance was annihilated before it got anywhere so that's nice.

Where does Jean go to college anyway? Is it in New York City? You'd think they'd be more used to mutants by now or something.

I get that it's pretty hard to be affected by disease or to be attacked by mutant hating humans in limbo, but the trade off is... Demons. Lots and lots of demons.

Still don't get how any of the X-kids who went to Limbo before would be okay with going there again since some of them almost died there.

Glad to see Forge again.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Lemire will acknowledge that Sinister already played with Raspitins' bloodline, and even more so:

No Caption Provided

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@adamtrmm said:

I wonder if Lemire will acknowledge that Sinister already played with Raspitins' bloodline, and even more so:

No Caption Provided

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@raunjisto: Well, they can either go to limbo, or they can stay on Earth and die of M-pox.

What I liked about this issue:

- Yana and Piotr bantering/kicking ass together.

- Jean is on fleek.

- Forge!

- Cerebra sentinel is adorable.

- Sinister actually felt threatening.

- Surge is alive.

- X-haven is in limbo.

- The art was nice.

What I didn't like:

- I'm already bored of Logan's angst and guilt. No one cares about your problems, you useless geriatric.

- Storm and Iceman have done nothing of note. All we've gotten from them is expository dialogue.

- Where are the 50+ mutants who could be helping this team? Karma, Dani Moonstar, Warpath, Hellion, Bishop, Celia Reyes, Northstar, Rictor, Multiple Man, Pixie, Jubilee, Rachel Grey etc.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it and eagerly await the next issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: @adamtrmm: I think that's why Sinnister said "Ah, the Rasputins! I've always enjoyed playing with your exceptional bloodline!", or something like that. He could be referring to the events in the Colossus: Bloodline mini.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant God-Kings T-Mist Journal, Entry 2-

The hunt for Bae continues... I've managed to locate the awesomeness that is Surge(!!!) safely inside of X-Haven, though there's still no trace of my beloved Rachel Grey. I must remain strong in these trying times...

Went with Illyana and Colossus to find Kurt...Magik agrees with me about Colossus taking steroids, though we discovered a trail of blood and a tail before we could confirm. The two of them seemed concerned, but I decided to go home since it wouldn't be the first time Kurt got drunk and teleported away without something....which begs the question of why he wouldn't teleport from his attackers....smh

Storm and Iceman found Wolverine...I immediately suspected him as a fake. We'd have heard something about him appearing in 6 other teams adventures if he was the real deal.

Did you know Cerebra is a Sentinel with feelings now? Smh...first danger room gains sentience and trys to kill everyone with a murderous robot and now Forge puts the greatest Mutant Tracking device in history inside one. I'm positive this won't backfire....(note to self- Start a betting pool on whether the X-Jet or the coffee maker comes to life next...)

If this next part is a little uneven it's not because I'm crying, but because some idiot let the key to the limbo dimension, who we probably live inside, have a fight with Mr. Sinister (he also seems to be sporting a nice 5 O'clock shadow...is this because he had a long day at the lab or because beards are in? Maybe I should try some of Colossus' Hair/Muscle growth Vodka)....

Anyway....Storm says Scott's dead. I just...I....I WON'T BELIEVE IT! She's probably just telling people that so we don't look for better leadership....yea that's it. My only hope is that my darling Rachel didn't hear these terrible lies (or all the people bashing her dead dad last week) and run away...

I heard Teen Jean went to visit Old Man Logan....strange that she would do that since she had no connection with our Logan when he was alive. Though from what I'm told she rescued a filthy Inhuman from attackers, so maybe she's just confused...though she realized there was something fundamentally wrong with her dating Beast, so she's got something in her head.

All-in-All, this is a really mixed kind of day emotionally. Old Logans, Kidnappings, and Scott's dead....I'll have to finish this later though sincethe demons are attacking and one just destroyed the mural i was painting of my beloved..I must enact vengeance!!!

Sincerely,

Koays, Mutant God-KIng of the X-Boards

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Yeah, A lot of those characters would be extremely useful for collecting mutants. I doubt Rockslide would even be affected by M-Pox.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... so is Nightcrawler dead now, or did his tail just get chopped off?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi55: His tail is just chopped off. We didn't see him in this issue but we see him in the preview for the next.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: A.) I would like to place a 5,000 dollar bet on the X jet B.) I just seen Cyclops at a waffle house with Elvis, Tu Pac and Micheal Jackson so hes alive and well and enjoying pancakes.

@takeshi55: his tail is just chopped off

@sprior93 said:

@invain: @adamtrmm: I think that's why Sinnister said "Ah, the Rasputins! I've always enjoyed playing with your exceptional bloodline!", or something like that. He could be referring to the events in the Colossus: Bloodline mini.

Yes that line made me feel like hes been there done that and really is enjoying the chance to play an old game again basically, so not like its the first time hes tampered with them (blood lines was a good mini series btw)

I also want to point out how last week everyone seemed to talk about scott like he was the worst of the worst and we had to redeem ourselves for what he did, this week storm spoke like loosing them was loosing their only hope, the death of the dream! Please make up your minds guys!

All in all I still have hope for this series, two issues in already better than bendis, aaron, austin, fraction and morrison!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @mcklayn: Yeah, I also had a Cyclops spotting at the DMV the other day; he's very much alive, but he's put on some weight(must be the stress).

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I think I am looking forward to these War Journal's more than the actual comic book

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McKlayn
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

I also want to point out how last week everyone seemed to talk about scott like he was the worst of the worst and we had to redeem ourselves for what he did, this week storm spoke like loosing them was loosing their only hope, the death of the dream! Please make up your minds guys!

Exactly haha!

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a good issue, loved the part where it turned out Jean saved an Inhuman, lol... but it feels like Storm is holding the idiot ball for the sake of the plot. Why let Illyana take unnecessary risks before they have defenses in place just in case something happens to her? SO of course something does and then you have limbo rushing in. If Storm is going to take point in protecting the mutant population, then she should be playing it more safe with their lives. But then again this is the same person who let Jubilee take a baby into a combat situation, so.. lol.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By HAWK2916

They really make Storm seem so incompetent here. The idea of X-haven being in Limbo couldn't possibly backfire right??? So let's run from a cloud and hide in a dimension frequented by demons who once tried to take over earth. Plus the x-kids wouldn't be so keen on going to Limbo I'm sure. Also seems like Magik would have saved her former teammates as well. The idea of being on another planet doesn't sound so bad, especially when you could have Lila and her Dyson sphere.

One positive could be that maybe some of the x-kids decide they won't stay in Limbo or won't go period and they strike out on their own. New Xmen anyone??

So now we have 3 teleporters? Nightcrawler and Magik and now Cerebra Sentinel.

Cerebra being in a sentinel can't possibly backfire either right??? Just seems like a slap in the face to all mutants to even have that. Sort of like opening a Jewish restaurant in a former concentration camp.

I agree with whoever posted the shift in view regarding Cyclops. Everything is his fault but the dream died with him.Yyyyeeeeaaahhh.

The Jean-OML thing was pretty random and just doesn't fit or make sense in anyway.

The Jean in college thing felt somewhat like Mekanix a while back with Kitty. I guess Jean seeing that things can't be normal is a springboard back into being a superhero...I guess?

Logans whining and gruff attitude is already old after one issue.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaubier said:

I thought it was a good issue, loved the part where it turned out Jean saved an Inhuman, lol... but it feels like Storm is holding the idiot ball for the sake of the plot. Why let Illyana take unnecessary risks before they have defenses in place just in case something happens to her? SO of course something does and then you have limbo rushing in. If Storm is going to take point in protecting the mutant population, then she should be playing it more safe with their lives. But then again this is the same person who let Jubilee take a baby into a combat situation, so.. lol.

Exactly! For the record, my issue is how Storm has been written for the past few years. She has uber fans that are just happy she's featured in so many stories, but I've just been underwhelmed with her depiction in the past few years.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: other then woods depiction of her in the X men title (not XX men but before that with colossus domino and pixie on her team) she hasn't really been what i would call Storm, not Claremonts storm anyway.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

They really make Storm seem so incompetent here. The idea of X-haven being in Limbo couldn't possibly backfire right??? So let's run from a cloud and hide in a dimension frequented by demons who once tried to take over earth. Plus the x-kids wouldn't be so keen on going to Limbo I'm sure. Also seems like Magik would have saved her former teammates as well. The idea of being on another planet doesn't sound so bad, especially when you could have Lila and her Dyson sphere.

One positive could be that maybe some of the x-kids decide they won't stay in Limbo or won't go period and they strike out on their own. New Xmen anyone??

Cerebra being in a sentinel can't possibly backfire either right??? Just seems like a slap in the face to all mutants to even have that. Sort of like opening a Jewish restaurant in a former concentration camp.

I agree with whoever posted the shift in view regarding Cyclops. Everything is his fault but the dream died with him.Yyyyeeeeaaahhh.

The Jean-OML thing was pretty random and just doesn't fit or make sense in anyway.

The Jean in college thing felt somewhat like Mekanix a while back with Kitty. I guess Jean seeing that things can't be normal is a springboard back into being a superhero...I guess?

@sprior93 said:

What I didn't like:

- I'm already bored of Logan's angst and guilt. No one cares about your problems, you useless geriatric.

- Storm and Iceman have done nothing of note. All we've gotten from them is expository dialogue.

- Where are the 50+ mutants who could be helping this team? Karma, Dani Moonstar, Warpath, Hellion, Bishop, Celia Reyes, Northstar, Rictor, Multiple Man, Pixie, Jubilee, Rachel Grey etc.

I agree with these points.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people this book is mostly about magik, colossus,storm,jean,oml, nightcrawler and iceman. u shouldn't see other characters that already a full rooster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: @hopesummersforthefuture: Some of our favorite characters missing is probably going to be a side effect of them cutting down the number of X books. I'm sure we will see them in short cameos eventually though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to be off to a great start so far. I am interested in what's going to happen with Logan and Jean. Most likely she is just going to convince him to join the team (or join team up with her, since she herself hasn't joined the team yet) I doubt there will be a romance between the two, the only reason marvel is hinting at it is to make fans think "wtf" and buy the comic. Seeing sinister was cool. I hope nightcrawlers tail gets fixed. :(

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Takeshi55
    beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

If only we could be so lucky. But Marvel seems to think that no one cares to read about the real X-kids and would rather read about teen mutants in the form of the O5. Blech.

I would assume Pixie is around, too, so they'd have at least 4 teleporters.

Agreed about Cerebra, I was shocked they chose a sentinel if they were going to do that. Not to mention that I'm sure that it gives a lot of mutants flashbacks from the 198 days when they were all policed by sentinels on the Westchester grounds, too!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Koays

@sprior93 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes, but the absence of all these characters is a major plot hole.

@invain said:

@sprior93: @hopesummersforthefuture: Some of our favorite characters missing is probably going to be a side effect of them cutting down the number of X books. I'm sure we will see them in short cameos eventually though.

Didn't Lemire say (in that interview I said i wasn't going to read) that we'd slowly discover everything that happened between then end of Uncanny 600 and the start of Extra?

Patience my friends

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes, but the absence of all these characters is a major plot hole.

@invain said:

Didn't Lemire say (in that interview I said i wasn't going to read) that we'd slowly discover everything that happened between then end of Uncanny 600 and the start of Extra?

Patience my friends

i cant wait....AHHHHHHHHH

ALSO I HOPE IT DOESN'T GET DELAYED AGAIN

ALSO DOESNT X-MEN 92 COME BACK IN FEBRUARY

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

@invain said:

Patience my friends

I've stopped giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt with this stuff. I've noticed convenient this storytelling format is for keeping people buying issues:

1. Start a story after important events have happened
    2. Let bits and pieces of the major events that happened in the missing time period leak out over the course of multiple issues while distracting readers from the fact that the current events unfolding are actually less interesting than what they missed
    3. Rake in money while people buy issues full of expository dialogue and reactions with a few panels showing the amazing events we didn't get to experience.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

@invain said:

Patience my friends

I've stopped giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt with this stuff. I've noticed convenient this storytelling format is for keeping people buying issues:

1. Start a story after important events have happened
    2. Let bits and pieces of the major events that happened in the missing time period leak out over the course of multiple issues while distracting readers from the fact that the current events unfolding are actually less interesting than what they missed
    3. Rake in money while people buy issues full of expository dialogue and reactions with a few panels showing the amazing events we didn't get to experience.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Lol they do use this often....but it's been 2 issues.

And honestly given the structure of the last 3 years of X-titles where exposition was never given to us about anything that happened in or out of the story. And the events that were happening on panel were far less interesting then what we've gotten in the first 2 issues of this....i'm willing to just enjoy the art of backstory being used as a storytelling element as opposed to knowing and being unhappy with how we got to the place were at....which is basically where we were 4-5 months ago

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: is x-men 92 coming back in feb 2016 and is it just online or paperback?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: is x-men 92 coming back in feb 2016 and is it just online or paperback?

It is suppose to return as a ongoing series in spring 2016.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#37  Edited By time1

Good issue. It looks the X-Men have Sentinal on there side. Reminds me off Rover.

There a big risk, where X-haven is.. Sinister attacking Magik and Colossus was pretty cool.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

Didn't he say something like "I always WANTED" that's changing the context. Especially ehen he already "owned" Misha...

I always wanted more of Mikhail, character with lots of potential imo.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By Chapmar

Everything about this comic seems awful to me.

Having the school in Limbo. After Magic could only just manage to keep things under control against Dormammu. The whole thing of Magic now with Storm's X-men when it's clear that she would join Magneto's X-men. After AvX where was she? Holed up with Magneto and Danger, then with Scott, Magneto and Emma.

Cyclops probably isn't dead but they are doing so much to kill his credibility and character in every other comic bar Bendis' Uncanny run that it doesn't matter. I'm not even interested to see how he is represented here or how it got to this stage. We just had this great moment of Mutant Euphoria and it was killed off and made {enter cliche mode} the worst period ever for mutant kind yet again.

I'm done with this kind of story. This is such a devoultion and it makes the entirety of what some mutants were fighting for in AvX absolutely redundant. How can any of the X-men ever go back to working with the Avengers after this? How can the Avengers ever honestly justify what is occurring with mutant kind now. It was bad before hand but this is just a joke.

And I'm done with the 8 months later kind of storytelling. To quote Morty :

"All right. Well, um, I'm not a huge fan, personally, of the whole "three weeks earlier" teaser thing. I feel like, you know, we should start our stories where they begin not start them where they get interesting"

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@chapmar: The whole 3 weeks later or 8 months later thing is weak, sorry and lazy storytelling. Everybody seems to be in love with it but it just seems like an easy way for the writer to just getaway with ignoring things and leaving holes in the story. Lately Marvel's best events and story arcs seem to be the ones that are not told on page

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:
    1. I heard Teen Jean went to visit Old Man Logan....strange that she would do that since she had no connection with our Logan when he was alive.
    2. Though from what I'm told she rescued a filthy Inhuman from attackers, so maybe she's just confused...though she realized there was something fundamentally wrong with her dating Beast, so she's got something in her head.
    3. All-in-All, this is a really mixed kind of day emotionally. Old Logans, Kidnappings, and Scott's dead....I'll have to finish this later though sincethe demons are attacking and one just destroyed the mural i was painting of my beloved..I must enact vengeance!!!
    Sincerely,

1. Jean had a connection to Wolverine when he was alive, she stayed at his school (the one he named after her?) when she first got here.

2. zero tolerance for racism on the X-boards, yo. (and, whatever, Beast is a catch I'm sure).

3. and yet he lives! ;)

No Caption Provided

all the best,

Oldnightcrawler, guidance counselor of the X-boards

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

@oldnightcrawler: Oh Shit! Your the guidance counselor! I need help! I am real messed up in the head!

You see I got this problem. I hate inhumans but every time I think about them I get a erection. What should I do?

realize that your problems are not the Inhumans fault?

..also, totes inappropes, yo.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    1. I heard Teen Jean went to visit Old Man Logan....strange that she would do that since she had no connection with our Logan when he was alive.
    2. Though from what I'm told she rescued a filthy Inhuman from attackers, so maybe she's just confused...though she realized there was something fundamentally wrong with her dating Beast, so she's got something in her head.
    3. All-in-All, this is a really mixed kind of day emotionally. Old Logans, Kidnappings, and Scott's dead....I'll have to finish this later though sincethe demons are attacking and one just destroyed the mural i was painting of my beloved..I must enact vengeance!!!
    Sincerely,

1. Jean had a connection to Wolverine when he was alive, she stayed at his school (the one he named after her?) when she first got here.

2. zero tolerance for racism on the X-boards, yo. (and, whatever, Beast is a catch I'm sure).

3. and yet he lives! ;)

No Caption Provided

all the best,

Oldnightcrawler, guidance counselor of the X-boards

1. Pfft, first name basis though?

2. Its not racism, that alley was dirty....the fact that he's an inhuman only means he's an unlovable gene mut. Don't be silly. (Also Beast is only a catch if your a furry or a test tube)

3. God, I'd prefer him dead then whatever THAT is!

Lol that actually does describe your role quite accurately...

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man you guys are just throwing around self proclaimed titles all over the place.

NEW RULE: From now on, titles are decided/agreed upon by the community.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: OK starting now that's the rule.....though I've been mutant god king for like months so I'm keeping that.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I need a title damn it! Since im your loyal Acolyte work on something

@dman1366 said:

Man you guys are just throwing around self proclaimed titles all over the place.

NEW RULE: From now on, titles are decided/agreed upon by the community.

I for one like the Guidance Counselor one, However I kind of see Nightcrawler as teh X forums Prof X and Koays as our Magneto!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: lol it's a lot of work to be this militant...I'm thinking 2 Star General in the X-Board Rebel Army

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.