Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

"Essex" vvill clone a new Wolverine

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Not X-23 either. I just have a feeling this is hovv they're going to introduce a fresh Logan into the movie series after Jackman retires from the role.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Jackman take back his retirement talk? Saying that he now plans on playing Wolverine as long as he is able to or until he dies?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: He did. Then he took that back and Said this last solo Wolverine movie vvould be his last....iircc

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemoreposter: I just want Wolverine. I don't care if it is Jackman or if he is recast. X-23 shouldn't replace him. If anything she should be in the last Wolverine movie since she is more of a Wolverine charecter then a X-Men charecter. If she is in the last Wolverine movie then that means that she can't replace him since it will be set in the future.

I don't know about cloning tho. They should just recast him. He is one of the few people in the movieverse that has not been recast.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lol yes probably will clone...probably will become X-23.

But can we take.the time to appreciate that this.guy spelled will with 2 "v's". Like that's kinda awesome and I want the story behind it.

GarethMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind if they just replaced the character with X-23. I'm a bit sick of Logan and his memory problems and his disastrous love-life. At least on the big screen. It's been done now.

imfxlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: lol maybe his keyboard is broken but only the W key...

I absolutely love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, but I think it's time to move on. One more bad Wolverine movie and we're gonna be sick of him. He should leave on a peak.

X-23 would be a great replacement.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

yep. they sent out a casting call a while back for a character that sounds suspiciously like Laura

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jackman as Wolverine, but I think there are probably actors out there that can portray the charecter better. I would like to see him eventually recast. There are storylines that I would like to see adapted to film that need Wolverine. Sucks that they basically wasted him by shoving him into storylines he didn't need to be in. I get why they used him in DoFP, but he definitely didn't need to be the focus of X3. And if they wouldn't of ruined everything in X3 then they wouldn't of had to shove him into DoFP.

I wouldn't want to see X-23 replace him. I wouldn't mind see her in the movies but I don't think they should try to turn her into a replacement for Wolverine. If anything they should avoid adapting the Wolverine heavy storylines if they are not going to recast him.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Galerion

@avenging_x_bolt said:

yep. they sent out a casting call a while back for a character that sounds suspiciously like Laura

There is actually even more that points into that direction. I have actually made a list with every possible hint so far and posted it in a few places. I might as well do it here too. They are in chronological order just in case that's relevant somehow.

Deadpool director Tim Miller mentioned her as character he would like to see in a sequel

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/25/deadpool-movie-director-talks-about-who-he-would-like-to-see-dea/

Shawn Madden from Heroic Hollywood posted a picture of X-23 without any additional comment on his Twitter on March 3rd.

https://twitter.com/ShawnEmMadden/status/705253585215311873

Boyd Holbrook has been cast. His role is described as being the ruthless head of security of a global enterprise. Fitting with X-23s backstory.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/wolverine-3-boyd-holbrook-lead-villain-hugh-jackman-patrick-stewart-1201734367/

The casting call for stand-ins

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/19/wolverine-3-starts-casting-calls-in-new-orleans/

The next point is what I would call insider information and there seem to be several cases of it. For obvious reasons these people cannot reveal their sources if what they saying is true so you either trust them or not.

Superherohype reports that they have heard that she will make her debut and will join Wolverine and Professor X for their journey in the sequel.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/371911-exclusive-which-x-men-character-might-make-her-debut-in-wolverine-3#/slide/1

ThomBoleyn saidin this thread:

It is in full casting mode. They released it under a dummy name and have been casting the rest of the roles out of the South Eastern Market. (Atlanta/New Orleans).

My office has a few actors in roles and we had 3 up for the Laura role but they went with a girl who is DEFINITELY ethnic. I think she was Asian if not Latino.

They released a dummy breakdown for Laura and then a separate dummy breakdown for all the other roles.

I typically would have no problem showing how I know this, but since I have my picture on my profile it can get dicey and I don't want to get sued. I am a talent agent so I see a ton of stuff before the general public. They sides used for the role in the X23 breakdown were sides/pages from Rogue and Wolverine's scene in the car from XMen 1. But both characters were renamed. The direction of the character was that she was feral and had no personal skills and was insanely skilled in gymnastics/combat/etc. I would post it, but I am nervous to do so. It all went down in January like the post on page 4 talks about. They were trying to find someone 18 plus to play 14-16 so they are going for a younger Laura.

That is all I know about it, but I do know the role was cast. They are currently casting the rest of the roles in the film under a different dummy name. Everyone auditioning and submitting have to sign confidentiality agreements so I can't post the breakdown. Sorry.

There was another conversation somewhere else. Just for the record "me" is not actually me. Someone else had this conversation.

Poster 1: "We've heard" Heard from where? Where's your source link? Because I gotta tell you...."we've heard"....from no one in particular....just sounds like click bait. I'll take this with a big ass grain of salt until I see otherwise.

Me: The main source seems to be a casting call put out for the film, calling for a dark-haired actress ~21 years old, and around 4'11", along with a look-alike of about 6-13.

Taken together, this suggests the two actresses may be playing the same character at different ages. The height and age would also seem to fit if they were casting for X-23 (~21 y/o can still pass for late-teens, and X is canonically 5'1"),

Poster 3: You are absolutely correct! My daughter, a national and international martial arts champion, was asked to audition for this role back in January. We turned down the opportunity due to the production time conflicting with her competition schedule. They asked for a 12-14 year old martial arts female.

Me: Sounds like this was a call for stand-ins/body doubles, probably to fill in for fight scenes.

Poster 3: I should have been more specific. It was a main speaking role, as communicated to me by the casting agent.

Me: That's odd, because the official casting call that was reported was specifying stand-ins and body doubles.

Poster 3: We were called back in early January of this year. Not for the recent casting call for stand-ins and doubles. Hopefully I'm not coming off as argumentative here, I just wanted to confirm your original post of the character being portrayed as young and older as my daughter was asked to audition of the younger role at the beginning of the year.

Me: Interesting. This would at least seem to offer more evidence in favor of it being X. Obviously not conclusive, but intriguing nonetheless. And if this is the same character the stand-in/body doubles are for, it would suggest that if it is INDEED X-23 we'll be getting at least part of her backstory.

Now, if you were to tell me that your daughter is black-haired with green eyes I'd REALLY start getting excited about the possibilities, lol.

Them: I was asked not to share too many details during the phone call, but I assure you, your excitement is founded. The only other thing I can add is in the few months since January my daughter has already outgrown the role -- she was 5' 0" and now stands at 5' 5". We were told she could be no taller than 5' 1". So we're excited to see who in fact earned the role and how this X-23 is introduced. Thanks for the dialogue!

Richard E. Grant has been cast for Wolverine 3. His role is described as mad scientist. Fitting with X-23s backstory.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wolverine-3-finds-mad-scientist-888038

Bryan Singer himself confirms that he has pitched the idea to the studio. Shawn Madden from Heroic Hollywood says that his sources revealed to him that director James Mangold has asked for reference art for X-23.

http://heroichollywood.com/x-force-currently-works-x23/

This is a spoiler for X-Men: Apocalypses post-credits scene so read at your own discretion.

A bunch of soldiers from Essex Corp raid Stryker's facility, and one man takes a blood vial labeled "Weapon X"

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imfxlix: Lol but it's so awesome that we don't know...

imfxlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I don't even want him to explain. It will always remain a mystery. ALVVAYS.

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never got the popularity of X-23. When she debuted my reaction was "meh." She doesn't seem like that much more than a Wolverine clone.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wonder if they were going to try and roll Daken and X-23 into 1... since they mention the role is supposedly cast with an Asian actress....otherwise why would his clone/offspring be Asian?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they were going to try and roll Daken and X-23 into 1... since they mention the role is supposedly cast with an Asian actress....otherwise why would his clone/offspring be Asian?

Because her mother is Asian?

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @thunderscream said:

Because her mother is Asian?

That would the the gist of it. It's a fact that Laura looks exactly like her mother. Something that should be impossible if only Logans DNA was used. The popular fan theory therefore is that Sarah Kinney used her own DNA to repair the broken parts of Logans. Hence the close resemblance.

The reason why this is only a fan theory and not a canon fact currently is because Innocence Lost doesn't outright confirms that. There are only a few hints so it's up for interpretation.

Speaking about the Asian thing it's funny because Innocence Lost gave both Sarah and Laura an Asian vibe. Certainly just an art style thing but yeah

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they will recast Wolverine.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Galerion

A few more news when it comes to this topic.

Just Jared has few new pictures from the set. A few of them are particularly interesting because they show an unknown girl along with Xavier and Wolverine which might very well be Laura. Keep in mind that the casting call in April specified for two people to play the same character. One older and a really young one.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Also the Hash Tag Show supposodly have gotten their hands on a new casting call/character breakdown that does sound much like Laura

[ZOE] 12 to 15 year-old girl. Still a child, but a wounded badass, a pound puppy, raised in captivity in a time of battle, without support systems of normal childhood. She has no family and until now, has never left the compound in which she was born. She has an authentic intensity – her expressions & body language speak volumes, without words. Once released in the outside world, everything is new – every experience and every image a first. This does not mean everything is wonderful or wondrous. Some things she sees (things we might regard as conventional) may scare her or anger her and things we may find interesting may bore her. She has not been instructed in many social conventions – she can eat like an animal. She studies and often mimics people’s behavior. She has a high IQ, but is also a temperamental, impulsive and feral creature that can raise genuine mayhem. She is a girl that has never been kissed. Looking for a REAL girl - not made up or done up. Also with genuine edge, not made up or put on. Martial arts or gymnastics experience preferred but not necessary – but actress must be extremely physical and able to improvise scenes without necessarily resorting to speech. Do NOT play it “cute".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.