Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

DOFP - Do's and Don'ts

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

With the X-men Days of Future Past Films coming up, I thought it would be fun to share:

Do: (What you want to see in the film. Ex: Character return or added, Costume, Interactions, Character written better, etc...)

Don't: (What you absolutely don't want to see in this film)

What seems good: (Name something you are already looking forward to. Ex: Rogue, Kitty, Iceman back, No leather costumes, sentinels.)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By poisonfleur

Do: Storm, Gambit, Kelsey Grammeras Beast, and hopefully the addition of Rachel, Psylocke or Sage.

Don't: Don't add anymore characters to the films, if they have no intention in bringing them back.

What seems good: No more black leather costumes. The Avengers really set the bar with costumes for comic book movies. X-men DOFP has to really bring it visually.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

Do: Storm, Gambit, Kelsey Grammeras Beast, and hopefully the addition of Rachel, Psylocke or Sage.

Don't: Don't add anymore characters to the films, if they have no intention in bringing them back.

What seems good: No more black leather costumes. The Avengers really set the bar with costumes for comic book movies. X-men DOFP has to really bring it visually.

I don't know... this costume is pretty sexy! >.>

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Lmao ^^ Do: Wear spandex and tights. Haha. I love the 90s television series outfits and it would be fun to see the, in this film. Sure they can modernize them a tad, but drop the leathe please - and stay away from that god awful outfit above.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Nightwing4

Do: Have awesome Sentinels (Pacific Rim is doing it right) Don't: acknowledge Origins in any way. Continue to pretend it never happened.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Veitha

Do: cool Sentinels, Emma Frost in Magneto's Brotherhood, and then add just a few more characters like Dazzler or Polaris, then use the one already introduced.

Don't: don't make this movie be too different from Days of Future Past comic, because that was an awesome comic and this is an awesome chance to create a wonderful movie

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By havoc1201

DOES- Bring back cyclops, and i know it doesnt go with the story from the comic, But give us CABLE!

DONT'S- anything brent ratner did is a dont

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By judasnixon

Do: Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler, Peter Dinklage as Puck, Gary Oldman as Bolivar Trask, and Brody Dalle as Dazzler. (I love the Distillers)

Don't: Halle Berry as Storm, mention anything from X-Men 3, black leather gimp suits, big bulky yellow hovering wheelchairs......

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

OT: Bryan Singer already said X:TLS is cannon and he is considering it when making days of future past. He even thanked Brett Ratner not killing off Kitty, Iceman, and Rogue.

X-men The Last Stand wasn't THAT bad. Better than X1 and X-men: Wolverine Origins...

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By havoc1201

@poisonfleur said:

OT: Bryan Singer already said X:TLS is cannon and he is considering it when making days of future past. He even thanked Brett Ratner not killing off Kitty, Iceman, and Rogue.

X-men The Last Stand wasn't THAT bad. Better than X1 and X-men: Wolverine Origins...

I think you need to rewatch X3 it was soooo bad.. and Singer thanked Ratner with sarcasm saying thanks for at least keeping these characters alive. Ratner is for X-men like schulmaker is for Batman

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

@havoc1201 said:

@poisonfleur said:

I think you need to rewatch X3 it was soooo bad.. and Singer thanked Ratner with sarcasm saying thanks for at least keeping these characters alive. Ratner is for X-men like schulmaker is for Batman

Awwh-- There were parts I disliked: Rogue taking the cure, Cyclops & Dr. Kavita Rao dying, Juggernaut for the most part, Nightcrawlers absence, and Bird and Flameless Phoenix.

BUT-- I LOVED

1) The fight scene at Jean Grey's house. Possibly the best action scene in all the x-films, imo.

2) I LOVED Kelsey Grammer as Beast! (Thank God! He is perfect!)

3) Iceman & Kitty actually apart of the action scenes.

4) The liked the cure + phoenix saga that echoed AvX in a way was a decent plot.

5) Storm was actually watchable in this movie. She flew, kicked butt, and didn't have that fake accent.

6) There were a few funny one-liners too. Dialogues between Mystique and the guard & Juggernaut and Kitty.

Avatar image for storm_ultimatebadass
    Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DO: Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler was great, hes my 2nd fav character, The actual costumes this time, A brawler Rogue, A more bad ass Mystique

DONT: Leather Suits, Halle Berry, A storyline very far fethched from the comics.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jhazzroucher

Do: Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Penance, Apocalypse, Wolverine, stick with the costumes like in comics, more flying like really flying

Don't: more drama, less action

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X3 was terrible and I was not very thrilled with First Class either, how they are going to tie these together with all the wholesale changes so far is beyond me.

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brazen_Intellect said:

X3 was terrible and I was not very thrilled with First Class either, how they are going to tie these together with all the wholesale changes so far is beyond me.

Thank you i thought i was the only one who felt this way.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

@Storm_UltimateBadass said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Agreed^ Wtf were they thinking with that bland cast of characters.. Not to mention-- I think I am the only one who is completely baffled as to why Jenifer Lawrence played Mystique AND somehow manage to get a good reviews.. I can't sympathize with a whiny school girl who want half the cast to stick it in her... And then she has the audacity to complain about her looks---- B!+C#!! You can turn into anyone you want!! Consider it a fair trade and call it a day, ya little ungrateful sk@nk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Agreed^ Wtf were they thinking with that bland cast of characters.. Not to mention-- I think I am the only one who is completely baffled as to why Jenifer Lawrence played Mystique AND somehow manage to get a good reviews.. I can't sympathize with a whiny school girl who want half the cast to stick it in her... And then she has the audacity to complain about her looks---- B!+C#!! You can turn into anyone you want!! Consider it a fair trade and call it a day, ya little ungrateful sk@nk.

I think Jennifer Lawrence was fine, she just had very little to work with. This was the Xavier and Magneto show and everyone else was really a glorified cameo. My biggest gripe is the changes from the source material and continuity were not necessary, or improved the story. I can understand that a director wants to use personal favorites, but come on.

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I totally agree I thought she was very bland as Mystique and Mystque is like my favorite character after Storm and Nightcrawler. I know it was orgins like but she did not bring that character to life,Rebecca Romjin killed it, I hope they start to make her moreso like that in the upcoming movie.Lmao i know right.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I hate the constant bickering of Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence played a Mystique who was raised with Charles Xavier and of course she wasn't going to be the hardcore Mystique we loved in the other X-Men movies, she was caring, and confused.

That being said, DOFP is supposed to take place in 1973, so that's eleven years after First Class. I don't think we'll be seeing the bland cast members that were in First Class and I think we'll be seeing a more agressive Mystique, and I think that with Brian's direction Jennifer Lawrence can definitely play the role of Mystique like Romjin did. The large gap can also explain why certain characters wont be returning like January Jones as Emma Frost or some of the new recruits in First Class.

Stating all that its sad that Professor Xavier (Stewart) & Professor Xavier (McAvoy) won't be having any screen time together :( but it would make sense since the two don't really have any contact with one another in the comic book.

I hope the movie will have a dystopian future after the horrendous X3 with Page, Ashmore, Paquin, Stewart and McKellen in (maybe some other characters but not too many) and of course we'll see Page have a bigger role in this film as Kitty Pryde sending her back to the past somehow, maybe to prevent an assassination like in the comicbooks, but who knows. Either way, I think that her doing so will re-write the future they're living in and change some events of what happened in their future, i.e killing off Cyclops.

This can lead to many open ended movies for the X-men Franchise, I honestly thing Brian is doing this to fix the X-Men franchise and I think if it's done WELL it can definitely work, and seeing how much I enjoyed X-Men & X2 I can definitely see him doing this.

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I hate the constant bickering of Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence played a Mystique who was raised with Charles Xavier and of course she wasn't going to be the hardcore Mystique we loved in the other X-Men movies, she was caring, and confused.

That being said, DOFP is supposed to take place in 1973, so that's eleven years after First Class. I don't think we'll be seeing the bland cast members that were in First Class and I think we'll be seeing a more agressive Mystique, and I think that with Brian's direction Jennifer Lawrence can definitely play the role of Mystique like Romjin did. The large gap can also explain why certain characters wont be returning like January Jones as Emma Frost or some of the new recruits in First Class.

Stating all that its sad that Professor Xavier (Stewart) & Professor Xavier (McAvoy) won't be having any screen time together :( but it would make sense since the two don't really have any contact with one another in the comic book.

I hope the movie will have a dystopian future after the horrendous X3 with Page, Ashmore, Paquin, Stewart and McKellen in (maybe some other characters but not too many) and of course we'll see Page have a bigger role in this film as Kitty Pryde sending her back to the past somehow, maybe to prevent an assassination like in the comicbooks, but who knows. Either way, I think that her doing so will re-write the future they're living in and change some events of what happened in their future, i.e killing off Cyclops.

This can lead to many open ended movies for the X-men Franchise, I honestly thing Brian is doing this to fix the X-Men franchise and I think if it's done WELL it can definitely work, and seeing how much I enjoyed X-Men & X2 I can definitely see him doing this.

I wasnt bickering about Mystique because like I said I love her!! Lol but I was just saying Jennifer Lawrence portrayal of her was just not hitting it,. Maybe when Mystique was younger she was like that,but ive never seen her character as being caring. She was usually manipulative even with those close to her. But if thats how things will be shown in DOFP then ill be happy, i mean it has been 10 years since the last one, she coulda already given birth to the awesome Nightcrawler i am kinda stoked for the new movie to see who will be introduced.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By poisonfleur

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I wasnt bickering about Mystique because like I said I love her!! Lol but I was just saying Jennifer Lawrence portrayal of her was just not hitting it,. Maybe when Mystique was younger she was like that,but ive never seen her character as being caring. She was usually manipulative even with those close to her. But if thats how things will be shown in DOFP then ill be happy, i mean it has been 10 years since the last one, she coulda already given birth to the awesome Nightcrawler i am kinda stoked for the new movie to see who will be introduced.

LOL I still think she is an ungrateful little sk@nk! ... Just Sayin'!

I don't get how everyone is buying any of this:

1) Mystique and Xavier are Best Friends Forever!! Mutant and Proud (why don't we just wave a gay pride flag?)

2) Jenifer Lawrence visually doesn't look like Mystique. Mystique usually has sharper face features. JL has a baby face.

3) It was sooo distracting on how she wanted to bang the whole cast.

4) Jenifer Lawrence is Overrated. There I said it. I thought Moria was more of an interesting character than Mystique.

5) Mutant and Proud?! Really? Dafuq??

6) Mystique in the comics can be bitchy, psychotic, and has her own agenda. Even though this was an origins movie, there was nothing that paralleled or echoed the original Mystique except for the Rebecca R cameo in the bed scene.

7) And after Xavier got the bullet to the back she decides to leave him for Magneto?? It comes off like she left Xavier just so she could hookup with Magneto.

8) Serious Halle Berry's Catwoman was more like Catwoman than Jenifer Lawrence's Mystique was like Mystique.

End Rant.

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I dont think shes an ungrateful s word.

1. Yea that def threw me off

2. See thats what is was I couldnt figure it out, Rebecca Romjin has sharper face features was actually gonna say that in my post but I deleted it at the last moment.

4. It just was a piss poor representation of Mystique it could have been better,which could be the writers to blame.

6. I agree 100% that is what I was waiting for.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@poisonfleur said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

LOL I still think she is an ungrateful little sk@nk! ... Just Sayin'!

I don't get how everyone is buying any of this:

1) Mystique and Xavier are Best Friends Forever!! Mutant and Proud (why don't we just wave a gay pride flag?)

2) Jenifer Lawrence visually doesn't look like Mystique. Mystique usually has sharper face features. JL has a baby face.

3) It was sooo distracting on how she wanted to bang the whole cast.

4) Jenifer Lawrence is Overrated. There I said it. I thought Moria was more of an interesting character than Mystique.

5) Mutant and Proud?! Really? Dafuq??

6) Mystique in the comics can be bitchy, psychotic, and has her own agenda. Even though this was an origins movie, there was nothing that paralleled or echoed the original Mystique except for the Rebecca R cameo in the bed scene.

7) And after Xavier got the bullet to the back she decides to leave him for Magneto?? It comes off like she left Xavier just so she could hookup with Magneto.

8) Serious Halle Berry's Catwoman was more like Catwoman than Jenifer Lawrence's Mystique was like Mystique.

End Rant.

I see where you're coming from, but again, this is the movie verse, she's not going to be the Mystique from the comics... and Like I mentioned before, I think we'll be seeing a more aggressive Mystique in DOFP because it will be 10 years ahead of time and her being part of the Brotherhood instead of Charles "pet" as she called herself, we'll see a darker side of her which I think will shape her into being the Mystique we saw in the first X-Men films.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By poisonfleur

@IllyanaRasputin

Let's hope so^^

Because I couldn't believe my mind all the comments I heard about first class.

I get wrap my mind around how everyone praises Jenifer Lawrence as Mystique, January Jones as Emma, Kevin Bacon as Shaw and Nicloas holt? as Beast. I thought they were all very bad casts and didn't remotely remind me of their characters . On the plus side: Magneto, Azazel, Angel, Moria, Banshee were awesome! But apparently everyone hates Angel-- I don't really know as to why??

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By poisonfleur

2. See thats what is was I couldnt figure it out, Rebecca Romjin has sharper face features was actually gonna say that in my post but I deleted it at the last moment.

4. It just was a piss poor representation of Mystique it could have been better,which could be the writers to blame.

You are one of the first people I have heard from that agree with me. I am kinda shocked. lol

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

You are one of the first people I have heard from that agree with me. I am kinda shocked. lol

Really thats weird to hear, because it was very obvious that her performance was not good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.