Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Does Emma and Scott have a real future together.

• 70 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll Does Emma and Scott have a real future together. (57 votes)

Yes 37%
    No 14%
    Maybe 21%
    Who cares 16%
    I hope not 4%
    I hope so. 9%

As stands there not a couple, but they are working together. So do they have a real future together, will Marvel do something with them.

• 
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@time If adult jean grey comes back then no they do not have a chance. If jean stays dead then yes.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i think they could if written correctly

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: What about teen jean, what if she grows up and ends up with adult scott or teen Scott replaces adult scott and grows up with teen jean. I'm curious do you want scott and Jean to get back together.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: Can ask why you think they have a real future together.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: What about teen jean, what if she grows up and ends up with adult scott or teen Scott replaces adult scott and grows up with teen jean. I'm curious do you want scott and Jean to get back together.

Yes i want them to be together and i hate the fact that marvel keeps hinting of a jean grey come back and then nothing happens. I think it would be also great if teen scott and teen jean stayed and grew-up in the present and then adult scott can be with emma. So Scott will have two happy endings, lol.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: I wouldn't like that, Scott doesn't derserve 2 telepaths. I think Jean belongs with Scott, whelther people want to admit it or not. There more depth to there relationship. I mean even teen Jean and teen scott were fun to read, when they ran away in the Battle of atom story arc. I don't think Scott deserves Jean considering the way he treated her. I think there end up together. I think Emma would be more interesting without Scott. She already is at the moment.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: I wouldn't like that, Scott doesn't derserve 2 telepaths. I think Jean belongs with Scott, whelther people want to admit it or not. There more depth to there relationship. I mean even teen Jean and teen scott were fun to read, when they ran away in the Battle of atom story arc. I don't think Scott deserves Jean considering the way he treated her. I think there end up together. I think Emma would be more interesting without Scott. She already is at the moment.

If scott ends up with jean then who would emma end up with???

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: No one, she be single. I would like Jean to date Logan, The real Jean , the one from the white room. At the same time Scott dates Emma. I would like to see how Scott deals with Jean moving on. It's not fair Scott got to be happy and Jean didn't.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigtewell

Its been hinted that she still cares for him. Although they havent really shown how he feels about the break up. I personally would like to see him move on to someone else like a non x character who maybe agrees with his cause. I think that could open uncanny up to more stories and spread his cause more

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

Its been hinted that she still cares for him. Although they havent really shown how he feels about the break up. I personally would like to see him move on to someone else like a non x character who maybe agrees with his cause. I think that could open uncanny up to more stories and spread his cause more

when cyclops asked ms.marvel(or now is it captain marvel) in uxm3 to join his cause in honor of charles xavier, i almost wished she did. It would have been hilarious to see the avengers reaction, especially Captain America. Or cyclops can temporary date captain marvel(ms.marvel, im sorry but i like ms marvel better, she will always be ms marvel to me <3)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: No one, she be single. I would like Jean to date Logan, The real Jean , the one from the white room. At the same time Scott dates Emma. I would like to see how Scott deals with Jean moving on. It's not fair Scott got to be happy and Jean didn't.

I always thought she would be dating other phoenix hosts in the white hot room. When we saw people in the white hot room(at the end of HCT storyline), thre was a few guys that looked handsome and human-like. But yeah she didnt have to die so scott could be with emma. She could have taken a break from super-heroing and come back later.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14  Edited By McKlayn

lol scott getting a happy ending, you guys must not have read the comics i read lol. Everyone he falls in love with dies, or leaves his ass not very happy ending imo (or in maddies case tries to kill him)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

lol scott getting a happy ending, you guys must not have read the comics i read lol. Everyone he falls in love with dies, or leaves his ass not very happy ending imo (or in maddies case tries to kill him)

I always thought they mainly die like maddie, jean and lucky emma didnt die near the end of avx(although it did look bad like he tried to choke her) but he did "leave her to die and in the hands of the humans" according to anxm3, lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want the O5 gone.. back to their own time. The concept was stupid and it just needs to be over with. I hope the real Jean Grey comes back. I dont know if I want her with Scott though. I like them together but I also wanted Scott to be with Ms. Marvel or even strangely enough Psylocke or Sage. Unless you kill Emma or give her to Magneto or Namor. I dont want her killed off just to allow Jean to come back to Scott.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they have a future = RUBY

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

I said Maybe because they'll stay separated as long as Bendis is writing them.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@bigtewell said:

when cyclops asked ms.marvel(or now is it captain marvel) in uxm3 to join his cause in honor of charles xavier, i almost wished she did. It would have been hilarious to see the avengers reaction, especially Captain America. Or cyclops can temporary date captain marvel(ms.marvel, im sorry but i like ms marvel better, she will always be ms marvel to me <3)

I just think a non x character would be good for his growth. i mean this is the most interesting hes been in years and they should keep it up

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really??? I thought they would be back together soon

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Rebelpunk13

i would like too see Gambit get together with She Hulk

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

#

@bigtewell said:

I just think a non x character would be good for his growth. i mean this is the most interesting hes been in years and they should keep it up

Like Mayor Sinclair from SF, she was totally pro-mutant. Or Kate Kildare but she's dead and now she's mr/miss sinister. lol

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Franchise1590

Keep your shipping garbage away from my Carol Danvers.

She's great on her own, the last thin she needs is to be wrapped up in Scott's MASSIVE baggage and constant wars with emenies and heroes.

Besides after AVX and Rogue and Scarlett witch,?

I want the Xmen and Avengers to take another break from each other.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@franchise1590: I agree with the last part. But come on Scott and Carol would be cool. Especially if they were just together but lead separate lives as heroes or whatever.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's great on her own, the last thin she needs is to be wrapped up in Scott's MASSIVE baggage and constant wars with emenies and heroes.

lol true. I didnt think it though, besides if they did get together, it wouldnt last mainly because of Scott's "baggage" and he brings people down. I mean emma frost is now an emo, in uncanny x-men 2 she was really sad and doubting herself.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's an alternate universe. Lots of characters have offspring that way. (Although I do like Ruby)

@franchise1590 said:

lol true. I didnt think it though, besides if they did get together, it wouldnt last mainly because of Scott's "baggage" and he brings people down. I mean emma frost is now an emo, in uncanny x-men 2 she was really sad and doubting herself.

Yeah, Scott has a lot going on in the luggage department. Yet, that's what made the relationship between him and Emma work so well. She sifted through all that, knows it all and kept it simple in her uncondtional love of him.

I hate the emo Emma I see now. Pining after Scott and getting jealous over any other person's interest in him is just - not - her. It is my biggest complaint with Bendis. Bitchiness towards others is easy to write - and relegating Emma back into that persona is grating.

I hope they have a future together, but only by a writer who respects the relationship.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow said:

Really??? I thought they would be back together soon

Believe me, I'd love for them to get back together, but I think the second issue of Bendis' Uncanny put their relationship to bed for the duration of his run.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Yeah, cause i'm totes clamoring for scenes like this again.

No Caption Provided

Let's not.

The real Emma can do better. The real Emma isbetter.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tomasmaclgh
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@darthphoenix said:

That's an alternate universe. Lots of characters have offspring that way. (Although I do like Ruby)

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@franchise1590 said:

Yeah, Scott has a lot going on in the luggage department. Yet, that's what made the relationship between him and Emma work so well. She sifted through all that, knows it all and kept it simple in her uncondtional love of him.

I hate the emo Emma I see now. Pining after Scott and getting jealous over any other person's interest in him is just - not - her. It is my biggest complaint with Bendis. Bitchiness towards others is easy to write - and relegating Emma back into that persona is grating.

I hope they have a future together, but only by a writer who respects the relationship.

I guess there trying to make it like emma is starting to change and be a better/nicer person now? Buy i Do miss the bitchiness

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lykopis

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Emma to me was already a nicer/better person - depending on what you consider those two words to mean. You can portray both and not lose the confidence Emma has earned. For me, bitchiness is usually found in the most kindest of people, lol. Easy for me to be a critic I guess, but I am getting tired of characters being badly portrayed or cavalierly used to get across funny banter or trumped up "drama", relationship wise. It always seems to be the females too. :/

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By time1

The reason why I think Emma and Scott don’t have a future, is because they haven’t been challenge. There relationship hasn't been threatened in any way. There feelings for each other haven’t been truly tested.

They only face 2 challenges, first one was kind of stupid. It was from the Utopia story arc, ‘ the confessions issue’ which was dumb. How can Cyclops hide anything from Emma Frost, she a telepath. Some how Marvel makes a big deal out of it.

Then there is the Phoenix Five, Where they both lost control and betray one another and what happen in the end . There powers were broken and then Emma dump Scott. So the biggest test to there relationship is the Pheonix force and it’s the reason why there relationship cames to an end.

They been together for 9 years and for 6 of those years, they were the only couple in the spotlight. Marvel destroy all the popular couples such as Rogue & Gambit, Psylocke & Archangel and Kitty & Colossus and they destroy them just so they could focus on Emma and Scott. The worst thing about it, nothing happened in there relationship, they haven’t moved forward at all. For the past 6 years, it seem like they were standing still. When Namor join the X-Men, became about him trying to get with Emma Frost.

Jean and Scott are the better couple, cause there relationships has been tested, there feelings for one another has been challenge. Scott and Jean have been through so much together.

Such as :

Dark Phoenix Saga

Mr Sinister, Maddie and Cable drama

Scott proposing Jean and her rejecting him and then Jean proposing to Scott and then them getting married.

Scott and Jean raising Cable 12 years in the future.

Scott and Jean being held captive by Stryfe and them tying to escape.

Cyclops merge with Apocalypse and then the search for Cyclops

Teen Jean Grey and Teen Scott Summers running away together.

There have been times where they have been couple and not a couple, there still being tested.

That’s the difference between Scott and Jean and Scott and Emma Frost. Marvel have always show more intentions of doing something more with Scott and Jean, instead of Emma and Scott.

Scott belongs with Jean, cause they have stronger history and Marvel are always willing to do something more with there relationship. Jean Grey has been absent for 9 years, Emma and Scott have been a couple for 9 years, nothing happened in there relationship. You think if they were going to do something with there relationship, they will do it when Jean Grey is not around.

I think Emma Frost is better without Scott anyway, she been more interesting since she dump him

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

The reason why I think Emma and Scott don’t have a future, is because they haven’t been challenge. There relationship hasn't been threatened in any way. There feelings for each other haven’t been truly tested.

They only face 2 challenges, first one was kind of stupid. It was from the Utopia story arc, ‘ the confessions issue’ which was dumb. How can Cyclops hide anything from Emma Frost, she a telepath. Some how Marvel makes a big deal out of it.

Then there is the Phoenix Five, Where they both lost control and betray one another and what happen in the end . There powers were broken and then Emma dump Scott. So the biggest test to there relationship is the Pheonix force and it’s the reason why there relationship cames to an end.

They been together for 9 years and for 6 of those years, they were the only couple in the spotlight. Marvel destroy all the popular couples such as Rogue & Gambit, Psylocke & Archangel and Kitty & Colossus and they destroy them just so they could focus on Emma and Scott. The worst thing about it, nothing happened in there relationship, they haven’t moved forward at all. For the past 6 years, it seem like they were standing still. When Namor join the X-Men, became about him trying to get with Emma Frost.

Jean and Scott are the better couple, cause there relationships has been tested, there feelings for one another has been challenge. Scott and Jean have been through so much together.

Such as :

Dark Phoenix Saga

Mr Sinister, Maddie and Cable drama

Scott proposing Jean and her rejecting him and then Jean proposing to Scott and then them getting married.

Scott and Jean raising Cable 12 years in the future.

Scott and Jean being held captive by Stryfe and them tying to escape.

Cyclops merge with Apocalypse and then the search for Cyclops

Teen Jean Grey and Teen Scott Summers running away together.

There have been times where they have been couple and not a couple, there still being tested.

That’s the difference between Scott and Jean and Scott and Emma Frost. Marvel have always show more intentions of doing something more with Scott and Jean, instead of Emma and Scott.

Scott belongs with Jean, cause they have stronger history and Marvel are always willing to do something more with there relationship. Jean Grey has been absent for 9 years, Emma and Scott have been a couple for 9 years, nothing happened in there relationship. You think if they were going to do something with there relationship, they will do it when Jean Grey is not around.

I think Emma Frost is better without Scott anyway, she been more interesting since she dump him

lol yeah well good luck trying to get Marvel to make it happen. Guys like Bendis and Aaron are writing the whole X-Men franchise to the ground. Marvel loves destroying well-established relationships and making drastic changes that are totally unwanted ( One More Day, new X-23, Emma's change of character, professor Logan). All in the name of Change and edginess and character development etc.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

I would recommend you to start reading Justice League though. Right now in my opinion they're a far better team and have more intresting stuff to read about than Avengers & X-men combined. There is alternate-reality and time-travel stuff, but it is very, VERY limited compared to the crap Marvel has been throwing at us.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: It's not just Jason Aaron and Micheal Bendis, it's Matt Fraction and Kieran Gillian. I mean Emma and Scott have only had one interesting series and that was Joss whedon series.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: @avenger85

Im more worried about if adult jean grey would come back once teen jean goes back to the past and tries to change the future. This may be jean grey's last chance to come back alive. If she doesnt come back this once more then i dont have any hope that marvel woyuld bring her back because the had alot of chances to bring her back like in sisterhood arc(maddie), hope not being jean grey reborn(which is weird because i heard online that people were against jean being reborn and wanted hope to be her own person) and avx. If Jean doesnt come back alive now then it would allow for marvel to continue pushing emma and scott pairing and who knows maybe they would get married once they have closure with the whole jean grey issue and move on with their lives together, which i think is a bad idea.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: The real Jean will eventually return and be reunited with Scott. I don't see Emma and Scott being married or anything like that. I think if Marvel was going to do something with there relationship they would off done it already, within those 9 years.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time:

not necessarily. when scott met jean that was it the 60's, they didnt get married until the early 90's. Thats a 30 years wait, so emma and scott need about 20 more years until their married but depending on emma who does want to marry scott. maybe in the next 10 years or so. Once or if emma and scott get closure when it comes to jean grey. idk this is all confusing, i guess we have to wait and see. Which will be a long time.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell said:

Its been hinted that she still cares for him. Although they havent really shown how he feels about the break up. I personally would like to see him move on to someone else like a non x characterwho maybe agrees with his cause. I think that could open uncanny up to more stories and spread his cause more

Didnt he have that with maddie(who evryone thought was just human until they made her a clone and then she got tp and tk powers) and look how that turned out, lol. Anyways i've been reading up on black swan, she could be a interesting person for scott to date but she rerminds me of emma frost(before she started living in scott's shadow and has bitchiness). Also She looks like emma frost.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell said:

Its been hinted that she still cares for him. Although they havent really shown how he feels about the break up. I personally would like to see him move on to someone else like a non x characterwho maybe agrees with his cause. I think that could open uncanny up to more stories and spread his cause more

Didnt he have that with maddie(who evryone thought was just human until they made her a clone and then she got tp and tk powers) and look how that turned out, lol. Anyways i've been reading up on black swan, she could be a interesting person for scott to date but she rerminds me of emma frost(before she started living in scott's shadow and has bitchiness). Also She looks like emma frost.

by non x character i dont mean just non mutant. i mean i would like him invovled with someone from a different team or series like say captain marvel (miss marvel) from the avengers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i think so too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I don't think Scott really deserves another unsuspecting woman in his life. All he ever does is bring them nothing but misery and self-deconstruction. He's a real arse.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Scott really deserves another unsuspecting woman in his life. All he ever does is bring them nothing but misery and self-deconstruction. He's a real arse.

Dont let God_Spawn hear you say that. :/

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: The real Jean has been absent for 7 years. I don't see her being absent for 30 years. I think Emma and Cyclops has had 9 years as couple. I don't think there have any longer.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AgeofHurricane

RIP Maddie Pryor.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Cyclops treatment of Maddie and Jean Grey is digusting. Does he deserve any lady. Emma should move on.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: The real Jean has been absent for 7 years. I don't see her being absent for 30 years. I think Emma and Cyclops has had 9 years as couple. I don't think there have any longer.

Yuo know what would be cool if scott and jean would get back together and it would push emma over the edge and she would become a villain again

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@time said:

@ageofhurricane: Cyclops treatment of Maddie and Jean Grey is digusting. Does he deserve any lady. Emma should move on.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Time.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: I don't think Emma should be a villain again. she was lame villain. She just need get on with her life. Marvel just need to do something more with her character. Cyclops just holding her back. He held Jean back too.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.