Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Does anyone else not like the Avengers/Inhumans because of how they treat the X-men?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By poisonfleur

Poll Does anyone else not like the Avengers/Inhumans because of how they treat the X-men? (43 votes)

Hate the Avengers and Inhumans, The X-men have ALWAYS been better. 37%
    I don't like the Inhumans, but like the Avengers. 16%
    I don't like the Avengers, but like the Inhumans. 2%
    I like the X-men, Avengers, and Inhumans. Can't we all just get along. 9%
    This is all corporate decisions affecting comics. Try not to let it get to you. 28%
    I actually like the Inhumans better than the X-men. 0%
    I actually like the Avengers better than the X-men. 5%
    I respect GOOD titles-- like Guardians of the Galaxy & Jessica Jones. They shine without having to upstage the X-men. 2%

As we all know by now, the X-men have been used to up the profile of the Avengers and Inhumans with arcs like AvX, IvX, Terrigen Mists crisis, and many popular mutants joining the Avengers and ignoring major X-issues.

Does anyone feel bitter about many of these affronts done to the X-men?

I tried to give the poll as many choices as I could.

• 
    HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

i hate them both for treatement of xmen yes

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By poisonfleur

I am glad, I'm not the only one.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's true that the Avengers haven't made any attempt to help with Mists and the Inhumans are treating them like savages, but that's because of shitty writing.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

It's just bad corporate moves. I just wait for the day where we can all get along

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never cared for the Avengers. The X-Men was a unique team. The Avengers never seemed like more than Marvel's Justice League.

I have no opinion on the Inhumans. I don't like how Marvel has been trying to push them, tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like Black Widow. That's about it.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Avengers I liked when they became the New Avengers in 2004 or 2005. Not anymore.

X-Men I've always liked but their lineup nowadays is crappy. I want Jean Grey and Wolverine back.

Inhumans: I liked them when they were this unique royal family back before Infinity. They were much more unique and interesting.

I don't hate Avengers or Inhumans because of their effects on X-Men. I hate Marvel's corporate decisions being the cause why the X-Men are in the state they're in. We need a return of the Giant Size X-Men and the original Uncanny X-Men.

Back to classics people. This new all different and diversity pleasing crap is getting in thew way of character development and storytelling.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Avengers I liked when they became the New Avengers in 2004 or 2005. Not anymore.

X-Men I've always liked but their lineup nowadays is crappy. I want Jean Grey and Wolverine back.

Inhumans: I liked them when they were this unique royal family back before Infinity. They were much more unique and interesting.

I don't hate Avengers or Inhumans because of their effects on X-Men. I hate Marvel's corporate decisions being the cause why the X-Men are in the state they're in. We need a return of the Giant Size X-Men and the original Uncanny X-Men.

Back to classics people. This new all different and diversity pleasing crap is getting in thew way of character development and storytelling.

See-- I actually only care about the diversity. I never liked the Avengers because it mainly felt like a bunch of White Guys trying to save the world with their tokens... Whereas X-men had the best diversity of all time!!! For me as child, watching a black women like Storm COMMAND and lead the way she did was one of the many reasons I STILL read today. It was the first time I ever seen anything like that in a show or fictional book.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See-- I actually only care about the diversity. I never liked the Avengers because it mainly felt like a bunch of White Guys trying to save the world with their tokens... Whereas X-men had the best diversity of all time!!! For me as child, watching a black women like Storm COMMAND and lead the way she did was one of the many reasons I STILL read today. It was the first time I ever seen anything like that in a show or fictional book.

Diversity in race or diversity in variety of personality and powers?

I'm of the mind that already established characters should not have their races or personalities changed just to pander to a certain ethnicity or race nor replace already established legacies. Diverse characters must be introduced but capable of standing on their own and with their own identity. Creating a black Iron Man just for that purpose feels forced/mandated rather than inspired. Most of these heroes were created in a different era not today where diversity is less of an issue so that has to be taken into account. The X-Men are great but its because their members are well written and developed. Beyond racial ethnicity what everyone must remember is that were all HUMAN, part of the same species.

Storm did not have a predecessor. She was made from the ground up to be the character she is and it is great, she is the leading X-Woman and very powerful and developed. But nowadays Marvel is slowly replacing their biggest icons with racially diverse or of the opposite sex characters just for that purpose. I don't mind this so long as these new characters don't replace the already established icons such as Spider Man and Iron Man.

I'm Latino Puerto Rican and my favorite character will forever be Peter Parker Spider Man. Caucasian and straight. His race doesn't interest me so much as his character, personality, story and what he symbolizes.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL what??

First of all, if race is a big issue for you in your entertainment...you maybe a racist.

Second, Storm isn't like a real black woman, throughout history she has been drawn to have features more in common with caucasians than sub saharan africans (straight hair, blue eyes, nordic nose) When I first saw Storm as a kid I honestly thought she was just a swarthy, exotic looking, white woman. I am just saying, I never understood why Storm is this great symbol of blackness when she is usually drawn to look more like an olive skinned Angelina Jolie than she is drawn to look like someone like Rhianna. Claremont even suggested at one point that Storm isn't even really a black woman, but some sort of magic hodge podge of all the races.

Third, while the X-Men do have characters from all different races, for the most part they are bad ethnic stereotypes. The native american characters are either hunters, shamans or in touch with the earth, the Chinese girl shoots fireworks, the Japanese girl is a ninja the only other Asian girls of merit are Xian and Hisako, one is code named freaking Karma and the other basically strolls around in an energy based mech....next you will be telling the kid from Brazil has a hot blooded temperament....wait....OH MY GOD.....

It's funny that while being an allegory for civil rights, the X-Men are also the most vaguely racist comic book in history. It's like they have been trolling the fanbase for decades. I guess it's one of the reasons why I like them so much.....

Hey does anyone want to ponder the coincidental nature of how the X-Men were founded by a skinhead and their greatest rival is a Jew?? :D

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate avengers and inhumans. I love guardians of the galaxy.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That maybe a controversial opinion, but I have a feeling we might've brought IvX on ourselves. It's pretty clear that initially Terrigen Bomb was never intended to have the same effect on mutants that it was retconned to have post-SW. The bitching, the paranoia, they clearly wanted to play on it going full meta.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

That maybe a controversial opinion, but I have a feeling we might've brought IvX on ourselves. It's pretty clear that initially Terrigen Bomb was never intended to have the same effect on mutants that it was retconned to have post-SW. The bitching, the paranoia, they clearly wanted to play on it going full meta.

That paranoia and incessant whining, rightly or not, is the reason I can't bring myself to respond to virtually anything on this forum despite being on this site a decent amount of time everyday. It's draining.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

You liked a Bendis run!?

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel:

tbf I think this forum is pretty reasonable. I mean we're cynical as hell, but that thing is worldwide right now, so that shouldn't stay in the way of your opinion if you wish to share it. I also don't think bulling is a thing right here as well. Yep, we can be toxic, but for the most part, it isn't for no good reason. Well, that's imo of course.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ursaber

@revive said:
    @heroup2112 said:
    @ursaber said:

You liked a Bendis run!?

Yeah, I know. Back then he wasn't as terrible as today. The road was kinda fun but the ending was atrocious.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just dont like them getting involved in X-Men stories.

Like it would be great if i could read a good x-arc where the avengers were encountered and they werent being useless, tools, portrayed as the moral high ground....but really thats all you get...either that or its an Onslaught event where everyone sucks

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revive said:
    @heroup2112 said:
    @ursaber said:

You liked a Bendis run!?

No Caption Provided

Hmmm, I quoted the wrong post.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @heroup2112: Personally, I thought Bendis' New Avengers had potential in the early issues, but like almost everything else he does, it was unreadable by the time you get to the end.

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never read the inhumans and my interest in avengers has always been very mild. Most of the time i dont read them but i did like Roger Stern's run. I also read a couple of the avengers charecters in their solos titles.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that X-men are better but Uncanny Avengers with Deadpool, Rogue and Cable is more interesting than any ANAD X-men team book. Yes i prefer X-men but i also like Avengers and inhumans.:)

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By infantfinite128

@ursaber said:

Oh my gosh! I feel the same way! You're the first that I've seen to say that about the New Avengers!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By HAWK2916
    ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ursaber

@hawk2916: @infantfinite128:

Its awesome when people share the same interests. Follow me and I'll follow you.

Thing is I really loved the Marvel Universe prior to Civil War. Everything was right and then that event came and gave birth to the horrid monster of a universe we have today. Spider Man was at his best under JMS, the X-Men suffered again the loss of Jean Grey but their lineup was legendary, the Avengers were fresh and awesome again, the Inhumans were unique, mysterious and awesome and the F4 were kicking ass.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: "Thing is I really loved the Marvel Universe prior to Civil War. Everything was right and then that event came and gave birth to the horrid monster of a universe we have today. Spider Man was at his best under JMS, the X-Men suffered again the loss of Jean Grey but their lineup was legendary, the Avengers were fresh and awesome again, the Inhumans were unique, mysterious and awesome and the F4 were kicking ass."

Preach!!! I hated CW and quit marvel with OMD. Nothing interesting has happened since, aside from RYV2.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

@ursaber: "Thing is I really loved the Marvel Universe prior to Civil War. Everything was right and then that event came and gave birth to the horrid monster of a universe we have today. Spider Man was at his best under JMS, the X-Men suffered again the loss of Jean Grey but their lineup was legendary, the Avengers were fresh and awesome again, the Inhumans were unique, mysterious and awesome and the F4 were kicking ass."

Preach!!! I hated CW and quit marvel with OMD. Nothing interesting has happened since, aside from RYV2.

Yeah. The Heroic Age is over. Where once the hero community knew each other and had great relationships, all that remains is divide and strife and false heroism. Heroes are falling, new ones (some very crappy) are rising but everything is too different, too alien that its unsettling. Only the stories that focus on their own individual tales stand tall such as Vision, Moon Knight, Thor, Unworthy Thor, Black Widow, etc. The main pantheon of heroes suck. Spider Man, the X-Men, Inhumans, Avengers, GotG they all suck.

Only the most detached stories of Marvel interest me like the ones I mentioned before, worlds and characters unto themselves. Spider Man, the crown jewel of Marvel and my favorite superhero for all time is great in universes other than the main reality. The deconstruction of Spider Man's universe at the hands of Slott, Marvel and Quesada knows no bounds. In main continuity, I am still stuck in ASM 543 (the issue before OMD) waiting for the story to continue cause everything that happened OMD and forward is a BIG FAT LIE. An illusion, a false reality.

RYV2 is excellent and so is the ASM newspaper strip. They are my only Spider Man material. I don't want Spider Man to reboot cause that would mean going back to the very beginning and if Spider Man is turned into a teenager again and Gwen is brought back and all the progress with MJ never happened, I will die on the spot.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I have no issues with the Avengers, though Iron Man's line in All New All Different Avengers that basically gave a line like 'Come on Team, we can work together, we aren't X-Men' was somewhat needlessly nasty.

Inhumans though, their rep has suffered

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @poisonfleur said:

Diversity in race or diversity in variety of personality and powers?

I'm of the mind that already established characters should not have their races or personalities changed just to pander to a certain ethnicity or race nor replace already established legacies. Diverse characters must be introduced but capable of standing on their own and with their own identity. Creating a black Iron Man just for that purpose feels forced/mandated rather than inspired. Most of these heroes were created in a different era not today where diversity is less of an issue so that has to be taken into account. The X-Men are great but its because their members are well written and developed. Beyond racial ethnicity what everyone must remember is that were all HUMAN, part of the same species.

Storm did not have a predecessor. She was made from the ground up to be the character she is and it is great, she is the leading X-Woman and very powerful and developed. But nowadays Marvel is slowly replacing their biggest icons with racially diverse or of the opposite sex characters just for that purpose. I don't mind this so long as these new characters don't replace the already established icons such as Spider Man and Iron Man.

I'm Latino Puerto Rican and my favorite character will forever be Peter Parker Spider Man. Caucasian and straight. His race doesn't interest me so much as his character, personality, story and what he symbolizes.

VALID^^ But this is where I'm coming from.

I always liked Storm-- Even before I was aware of the stigma skin color and gender has in our society. Then as I got older, I thought WOW-- a strong WOMAN character who is also BLACK and LEADING this #1 Team. That was an AMAZING MESSAGE. I loved it and appreciated her more because of it. Where I feel like Marvel is over saturated with Straight Male characters.

I always found it very backwards how people always knew Monica was Captain Marvel-- yet when Carol became Captain Marvel nobody felt she was replacing Monica. They applauded her and thought it was a great new take on the character. Despite Monica actually taking issue with her taking her codename.

But when it comes to Ms.Marvel. I don't look at Kamala as a knock-off Carol (Ms.Marvel) I see her as an Awesome hero-- Like the many other Captain Marvels and Marvel Girls out there. I also see an Amazing Muslim here-- We don't get enough of that!

I feel the same way about Miles as Spiderman-- We have plenty of Spider-people. It's not a knock-off. We have many Spiderwomen, different Spider-girls, and different Spider-men. It just seems odd to single out Miles, especially when he hasn't been the first Latino spider-person. I like the fact that their are many different spider-people in the spider-verse. They don't feel like knock-offs to me.

Riri as Ironheart feels more like she is carrying Warmachines legacy more than Iron Man's in my opinion. But what's the problem? She is Tony's protege? Even Robert D. Jr. is hyped about her comic! I don't see how everyone feels like she is replacing Iron Man. If it was a young white boy, would people feel less threatened? She isn't even called IronMan. But I think what makes he special is that there are some black girls (and many other people) out there that really feel connected to her and identify with her because she is a black woman diving into the world and stories of Iron man. I don't think many people get how amazing it feels to be represented that way and to see yourself shown in this story for the first time-- it's not taking away from Tony Stark's shine in any way shape or form-- I actually find it amazing.

And let's be honest-- Sam Wilson as Captain America is AMAZING for his character. It just felt RIGHT! It gives him a Obama-like appeal that the black community loved. But if we're being honest-- I would have made Warpath into Captain America. I would've loved to see a Native American character take on the title of Captain America. But I don't get why people are offended? Steve Rogers found it an honor to share the title of Captain America-- AND the book directly deals with issues of people not accepting him as Captain America, whether it be diehard Steve Rogers fans or if it is indeed a race thing. This doesn't offend me either. ESPCIALLY since not a single person had a problem with Bucky taking over as Cap... yet had major problems with it when Falcon took over. I'm not saying that's racist-- it just feels like it.

That's my opinion. If a new character of a different color takes over the mantle of a famous hero-- people shouldn't immediately feel it's political correctness or pandering. Some of these stories, like All-New Captain America and Ms.Marvel are tackling issues that their original counterparts couldn't address. And many of us get that. Don't worry... Calm down... Steve, Tony, Carol, Jessica and Peter aren't going anywhere. It's okay! Breathe. This isn't the first time, they have had someone wear their mantle... Bucky, WarMachine, Spider-gwen, Silk, Scarlet Spider, etc... Please don't make it a thing because race is in the picture this time around.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By poisonfleur

@krspacet said:

I have no issues with the Avengers, though Iron Man's line in All New All Different Avengers that basically gave a line like 'Come on Team, we can work together, we aren't X-Men' was somewhat needlessly nasty.

Inhumans though, their rep has suffered

All-New All Differen Avengers was the first Avengers team I was going to support, because I loved the diversity and I was all for it until that line too. I stopped reading because of that.

Maybe I'm just one person, but Marvel AND Disney needs to get the message, that enough is enough. I feel marginalize as an X-fan. And I know it's just one line in a book-- but it's bigger than that. To the point where I have to second guess ALL their motives. It's very disrespectful to those of us who have been dedicated for many years. Movie rights aren't worth it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like how X-men treat X-men as well. Standing by while Cyclops has been executed?

No Caption Provided

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

I don't like how X-men treat X-men as well. Standing by while Cyclops has been executed?

No Caption Provided

OMG I laughed so hard I almost cried.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By poisonfleur
    No Caption Provided

This^^^ Straight from Marvel's own website. This is the kind of stuff that makes me dislike the Avengers. Marvel and Disney go ABOVE AND BEYOND to give X-fans death by 1000 cuts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.