Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Does anyone else miss the Marvel NOW! era? (pre-Secret Wars)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Wow.... the X-titles very much continue to fall from grace with these new Blue and Gold titles...
    Anyone else miss the Marvel Now era. Many of the X-men had solo titles: Storm, Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops... And then the team book made sense!!! Plus everyone had great costumes during that time too! Now it seems like everyone is so eager to step backwards and relive the 80s arcs in their own fan-fiction...

Storm was a headmistress/leader
    Cyclops was a fugitive/ took on a new direction
    Magik was the best she has Ever been!
    Rachel, Monet, Cukoos, X-students played active roles.
    And for the most part, everyone was pleased with their respective favorite characters.

I miss everything taking on a new direction with some acknowledgement of the past.
    Not recycled fan-fiction or Inhumans boosting story arcs....

Message to the writers at Marvel-- IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It had a decent start and terrible finish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, not really. I kind of miss the Magneto solo.

DarkMATTer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarkMATTer

@invain: i'm so disappointed but i'm not surprised actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I miss the pre-Marvel Now era more.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xwraith said:

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't.

Storm was an asshole for some reason and her Solo series died because writers didn't know or did their homework on the character.

Cyclops was just the new Magneto. He become more unlikable every time he showed up anywhere and become the bane of everyone's problems.

Magik and the rest I do agree they were at least decent. I do miss the pre-secret wars Monet she wasn't a B*%#% like she is now.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Invain
    @darkmatter said:

@invain: i'm so disappointed but i'm not surprised actually.

Sorry to hear that. ?

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

always move forward

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-men Vol 3 was terrible. I barely remember the others.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I miss the pre Civil War (original) era where heroes were heroes, everybody knew each other and when Jean Grey was still alive not to mention OMD hadn't happened.

Each one of those Marvel labels has gotten progressively worse. The best thing about Marvel in the 2010's was Jonathan Hickman's run of Fantastic Four/Future Foundation and his Avengers/New Avengers epic run which culminated in the near perfect Secret Wars 2015.

Marvel is shifting and changing their universe far too often and its even more difficult for people to jump in since every year a new Marvel NOW or All New Marvel label pops up and comic books are cut short and have to start up from number 1 again. This All New All Different Marvel label has in turn become their version of New 52 and it isn't gonna last long. Whereas DC is finally fixing everything and restoring its heroes, Marvel is killing off its main stars and embarking on a metamorphosis of everything. Wolverine, Hulk and Iron Man are dead. Thor is hammerless, Cap is evil and Spider Man is an incompetent man child. The X-Men are at their worst. The Inhumans aren't all that interesting, there's no Fantastic Four and the Guardians of the Galaxy are a joke.

Loading Video...

10- Marvel has more superhero teams

9- Marvel's characters die and return more often

8- Marvel's Events are more frequent (which is nowadays bad)

7- Dark sides

6- DC has animation figured out (best Marvel animations include 90's X-Men and Spider Man, Avengers EMH, Spectacular Spider Man. DC has so much more)

5- DC has a longer history (DC old, Marvel young)

4- DC has more stand alone stories (Marvel needs to imitate this desperately)

3- DC's universe is more fictional, Marvel's is more real (Escapism vs Relatability)

2- Marvel has more stories and characters that deal with real issues

1- Marvel has their movie figured out

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do miss the X-students like Hellion, Pixie and Rockslide appearing in the all females X team.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZariusII

When Grant Morrison left, so did I...although for me the end truly came when they ended the Legacy virus storyline and wrapped up the 90s era of the franchise. I only stuck with Morrison's era because I like the writer.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no. The good books couldnt get through a story without a continuity error. And the bad books were so bad they ceased to be relevant.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@xwraith said:

Same here.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much. Although I miss great comics even earlier than that

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kidchipotle

Nah screw the Marvel Now era. That's when shit started getting terrible. If anything, Marvel should take the X-Men back to the pre-schism days where Cyke isn't a dick and Wolverine is his second in command. Bring Jean back and the Professor as well. Marvel can easily fix this shit but honestly they're so bent on changing everything up I've just lost so much interest.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage marvel now can go to hell

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nah screw the Marvel Now era. That's when shit started getting terrible. If anything, Marvel should take the X-Men back to the pre-schism days where Cyke isn't a dick and Wolverine is his second in command. Bring Jean back and the Professor as well. Marvel can easily fix this shit but honestly they're so bent on changing everything up I've just lost so much interest.

Nope. I like the direction characters like Storm, Magik, Monet, Cyclops and Jubilee have taken since Marvel NOW! Going backwards is redundant.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle said:

Nope. I like the direction characters like Storm, Magik, Monet, Cyclops and Jubilee have taken since Marvel NOW! Going backwards is redundant.

Then you like one of the darkest and most negative periods in X-Men history, congratulations.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much was said about that already, all is needed to remind everyone what kind of era that was, are two names and the picture becomes whole again - Bendis and Aaron.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.