Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you think Extraordinary X-men is good?

• 57 results
    kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do you think Extraordinary X-men is good? (69 votes)

YES 48%
    No 26%
    Don't Know 26%

Do you think Extraordinary X-men is a good comic series?

• 
    Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's enjoyably average.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mama says, "X-Men is as X-Men does."

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, its a good read for me, im enjoying the character interraction

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No its horribly disgusting and I want a refund.....

Seriously, I could understand ppl saying they don't know yet or they like it so far, but saying its bad when it hasn't even assembled its team fully yet.....it perplexes

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not all that either.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By HAWK2916

I voted that im not sure. I think we have to get through the first arc at least otherwise its a little unfair to judge it so early. At this point its not that great yet but I think its only fair to let them gain some momentum. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the regurgitated premise, nor do I like the overly cartoonish art (i.e. Colossus' design...uggghhh!!). Early on it also seems that Storm is very incompetent which I dont like either. I mean the X-haven being in Limbo? And is that still inside of Magik? Ehhh. But I will say that there is some potential in the series, hopefully we get to see something play out. Im almost already tired of the terrigen mist thing and we havent even gotten to the explanations yet, so that doesnt bode too well, at least for me. Maybe Secret Wars 9 when its released in 3 years will explain how the terrigen cloud which was circling earth before the destruction the universe, survived all of that and then is still circling earth the same as before

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Seriously, I could understand ppl saying they don't know yet or they like it so far, but saying its bad when it hasn't even assembled its team fully yet.....it perplexes

its not good so far im hoping it gets better ugh but then i said that about anxm vol1 lolololol

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

I mean, personally I'm really digging it, but it hasn't started yet really. 4 issues isn't enough to fully judge.

The team is awesome, Storm is as bland as ever but hey, the team needs a leader and she fits, Old Man Logan is rad even if we haven't seen much of him yet, teen Jean (way better than regular Jean) adds youth and fun, Magik and Colossus are both badass (I don't mind the bulky Colossus design at all), and Nightcrawler is always cool.

Story, again, hasn't taken off yet but Sinister is a great villain and I was super into the Cyclops reveal at the end of issue 4.

Art looks good to me, Logan and Colossus look like powerhouses, Jean and Magik look cute (but dangerous), Ramos even manages to make Storm's weird mohawk look cool, first artist to do that.

There is a bizarre amount of hatred towards every X-Men run ever on this site, I don't really get it. So far I think Lemire's doing about as well as he can.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff Lemire

Emperor Joshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's not too bad! I was expecting a car crash and have been pleasantly surprised tbh. xD

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Too early to really judge but so far it's been interesting enough not to hate it

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's okay. This book hasn't wooed me. The character interactions are good, and I like how colorful the art is. The plot leaves much to be desired. So ... good? I wouldn't say so. Average, yes.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to me that many of the fans seem to be more interested in, what happened in the 8-month gap and want answers to the who's missing and why questions, than in anything that's actually happening in Extra. The more interesting story is just not being told and with every reference to what the demon Cyclops must have done it just adds to the frustration people have. I think this 8-month gap thing is a mistake and a cheap and bad way to reboot the franchise without really having to tell a story. I hope they stop with that mess. And I hope Lemire doesn't drag this stuff out too long because really how often does the build up and drawing out of a story actually pay-off in the end. Today's writers don't seem capable of long form storytelling and really in today's 24-hr instant news cycle, I'm not so sure the 4-6 month long arc is the best way of telling a story nowadays. But that's a whole other issue entirely

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am enjoying it so far, but I try not to judge a book before the first arch.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I was a little thrown back at this comic book, but has it went on, it started to become more interesting.

And now that it has proven that Cyclops is not just alive but also undergoing some sort of transformation caused by the Terrigen mists, I'm totally hooked.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

It's not so bad so far.

It's not really amazing or great though.

~MiB

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thunderscream

I thought the first 3 issues were splendid. The latest has me a bit puzzled, though. I have faith in Lemire, but some of the dialogue seemed misplaced, particularly Anole's interjection mid-battle about "stuff" to talk about with Iceman. Uh, really? I know amidst the Battleworld madness there's been little time devoted to Bobby getting acclimated to life outside the closet...but let's let that unfold naturally, not in the heat of battle with demons.

aaaaand I'm still a bit perplexed about the decision to relocate to a Magik terraformed Limbo followed by the untimely decision to send Magik, the single individual reinforcing the protective barrier, on a dangerous mission. I know that the story has to unfold and there's more going on behind the scenes and whatnot, but the X-Men have done this dance before....when will they learn? No, really?

Also not feeling Sinister's plan. Making a mutant/Inhuman hybrid is just redundant, and frankly pisses me off a bit with all the proprietary bull with the movies and corporations and terrorism BLOBGAMBIT! And oh me oh my look who just died and is already back AND is a clone maybe...Cykeeeee. I'm still on board. Just miffed.

ps, Mammomax got ripped to shreds by Predator X a while back...was the elephant mutant Sinister fumed Tantra from the JG School?

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so far not really inspiring

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's alright so far.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can say you like it at this point, you can say you don't like it. I don't understand the logic here.

@koays said:

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can say you like it at this point, you can say you don't like it. I don't understand the logic here.

@koays said:

There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't like it so far" that's in the same wheel house as liking it so far or reading it and being unsure. But saying it's bad or good is to form a complete judgement about the entire work when it hasn't even gotten started yet. That's what the OP is asking...."is it bad or is it good" when it's far too soon to make a claim that the entire run is anything yet.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bump

Should I read this ??

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this thread just makes me hate IvX even more.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Should I read this ??

I don't really think it's worth it. Jeff Lemire had potential, but his run was ruined by constant crossovers and editorial mandates. He also started writing a lot of people out of character as his run went on. He did much better on the Old Man Logan solo.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Bump

Should I read this ??

I don't really think it's worth it. Jeff Lemire had potential, but his run was ruined by constant crossovers and editorial mandates. He also started writing a lot of people out of character as his run went on. He did much better on the Old Man Logan solo.

Can I just jump into IVX without prior reading ?? I know everyone says it´s bad, but I want to know what´s going on with the Terrigenesis affecting the mutants, I haven´t read anything new on the X-Men since Bendis which I dropped before he even finished his run, last thing I read was that Cyclops was recruiting new mutants because they were popping everywhere thanks to the Phoenix Force....................now they´re on the verge of extinction again ?? WTF, I just want to know what´s going on currently with them.

I have heard Blue and Gold are pretty good though, so I´ll definitely check those after I finish IVX.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just jump into IVX without prior reading ?? I know everyone says it´s bad, but I want to know what´s going on with the Terrigenesis affecting the mutants, I haven´t read anything new on the X-Men since Bendis which I dropped before he even finished his run, last thing I read was that Cyclops was recruiting new mutants because they were popping everywhere thanks to the Phoenix Force....................now they´re on the verge of extinction again ?? WTF, I just want to know what´s going on currently with them.

I have heard Blue and Gold are pretty good though, so I´ll definitely check those after I finish IVX.

I didn't actually read IvX. I fell out of comics for a little while after the second Death of X issue, and when I came back, everyone told me not to bother with it, so I jumped straight into Blue and Gold. But I heard that you should be able to read IvX with only reading Death of X before it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't jump into IVX or DOX or anything from that run at the moment. None of it is worth your time. Extraordinary was garbage the only interesting thing being something about mutant embryos but they fukked that up as well. Gold and Blue are really not that great either. Gold is Guggenheim's love letter to Kitty...she has to tell everyone how to use their powers and she's unstoppable these days. Blue is all about the O5....so nuff said. Those charlatans just need to go away.

So yeah your best bet is to go back and reread the old stuff for an Xmen fix. That's what I'm doing now

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31 god_spawn  Moderator

Extraordinary was a massive flop. The stories were terrible and down right stupid, especially the Terrigen mist . The characterizations were off. He made Storm the worst x-leader of the modern era. His Magik was pathetic. The Best thing we got from that entire run was Colossus' beard. The inhuman shoehorn was terrible.

At least with Bendis' run he wrote a good Magneto issue. His Cyclops was good. He made Magik fun. He gave Emma some good moments and her teach Jean, which was a huge deal. His run wasn't perfect nor the best, but it was certainly more enjoyable than Lemire's entire run.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: @koays: @god_spawn: nope i dropped it after 15 issues......wish i dropped it sooner, it was dull and went no where fast

i love x-men blue(cullen) though and its a huge success thanks to sweet teen jeen and scott moments

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By poisonfleur

I would say it would have been good if it wasn't so Inhuman focused.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By McKlayn

@invain said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Bump

Should I read this ??

I did not finish Extraordinary and I came back when blue and gold launched and just pretended that whole era didn't exist and it seemed to work fine, NOW on the other hand i have went back since then and Read Bunn's Uncanny X men which i thought was pretty damn good and it talks about the Mist situation so if you just want to figure out what was going on with the mist, read that instead :D just my opinion

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I’ve read Extraordinary. Not worth your time honestly. It is focused on the T-Mist at first and with X-Men being in Limbo, but hen it goes off the rails with an Apocalypse event, Civil War 2, Sapna’s arc (basically the Dark Phoenix Saga, only uglier) and then IvX. The most interesting plots came from Magik, sometimes Old Man Logan, and sometimes (very few times), Storm. I say just get a summary of what happens from someone or online because next to nothing but Sapna and IvX happen in these stories.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can´t wrap my head around IVX being bad, it makes no sense when you think about it, both Lemire and Soule are good writers, yet IVX gets nothing but sh*t, one has to wonder what happened there.

@invain said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

I didn't actually read IvX. I fell out of comics for a little while after the second Death of X issue, and when I came back, everyone told me not to bother with it, so I jumped straight into Blue and Gold. But I heard that you should be able to read IvX with only reading Death of X before it.

Death of X is one I´m missing as well, so might check those two.

@mcklayn said:
    @thor_parker82 said:
    @invain said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

Bump

Should I read this ??

I did not finish Extraordinary and I came back when blue and gold launched and just pretended that whole era didn't exist and it seemed to work fine, NOW on the other hand i have went back since then and Read Bunn's Uncanny X men which i thought was pretty damn good and it talks about the Mist situation so if you just want to figure out what was going on with the mist, read that instead :D just my opinion

Are Blue and Gold good reads ?? I´ve heard they are pretty good.

@hawk2916 said:

I wouldn't jump into IVX or DOX or anything from that run at the moment. None of it is worth your time. Extraordinary was garbage the only interesting thing being something about mutant embryos but they fukked that up as well. Gold and Blue are really not that great either. Gold is Guggenheim's love letter to Kitty...she has to tell everyone how to use their powers and she's unstoppable these days. Blue is all about the O5....so nuff said. Those charlatans just need to go away.

So yeah your best bet is to go back and reread the old stuff for an Xmen fix. That's what I'm doing now

This is what I did, I finished X-Force a few weeks ago, it was a damn good read.

@pyrofn said:

@thor_parker82: I’ve read Extraordinary. Not worth your time honestly. It is focused on the T-Mist at first and with X-Men being in Limbo, but hen it goes off the rails with an Apocalypse event, Civil War 2, Sapna’s arc (basically the Dark Phoenix Saga, only uglier) and then IvX. The most interesting plots came from Magik, sometimes Old Man Logan, and sometimes (very few times), Storm. I say just get a summary of what happens from someone or online because next to nothing but Sapna and IvX happen in these stories.

After all the comments, I´m just going to skip Extraordinary, maybe I´ll try Death of X and IVX, then I´ll go to Blue and Gold............the new Astonishing book also looks promising.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: They are important events, but bad ones. Death of X isn’t exactly as bad as IvX, but it unfortunately gets dragged down because of its association with IvX, which is sad. IvX may sound good in idea, but in practice it’s revolved around a stupid issue where the Inhumans are glorified and the X-Men are fighting to stay alive. This was during a time where Marvel was aching to phase the X-Men out and replace them with Inhumans, so the Inhumans are given more bias than the X-Men, Which butchers the characterization on bot parties involved.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@thor_parker82: They are important events, but bad ones. Death of X isn’t exactly as bad as IvX, but it unfortunately gets dragged down because of its association with IvX, which is sad. IvX may sound good in idea, but in practice it’s revolved around a stupid issue where the Inhumans are glorified and the X-Men are fighting to stay alive. This was during a time where Marvel was aching to phase the X-Men out and replace them with Inhumans, so the Inhumans are given more bias than the X-Men, Which butchers the characterization on bot parties involved.

Man, Marvel are so stupid and greedy, the X-Men were (and still are to some degree) their best sellers for decades, the editors trying to make the Inhumans seem better is ridiculous and a huge disrespect to themselves as a company considering the X-Men was their biggest brand/franchise for decades.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: If you can get over the 05 thing then yes Blue has been a good read, and Gold is a nice classic vibe to it. Nothing ground breaking from either but they are enjoyable, I am slowly becoming a big Cullen Bunn fan, he is the only one whose written the 05 and made me forget how much i dispise the entire idea of the 05 so i really suggest him. Also his older work the Uncanny that was out the same time as Extraordinary was alot better read then i initially thought. When Extra and Uncanny were both out i got so annoyed with cross overs and silly ideas i dropped every title (and by drop I really mean just didnt read because i subscribe to the title so they still came in the mail lol) So as i started reading blue and gold i decided to give Uncanny another chance just because i enjoyed Bunn so much and it was really good, and he wrote a solo Magneto series before that, it was excellent. So yea those are my suggestions OH and Astonishing is decent the set up seems really rush with a random grouping of Characters but its decent enough so far, Generation X is up and down with me, the art is horrible but I am a big fan of the old Gen X characters so seeing them teased in a page here or there still does something for me lol, and Cable is starting his own group in his book so that has caught my interest. (Iceman solo isn't horrible, and i haven't read Jean grey but most people here seem to like it, same with the All New Wolverine and OML, and Weapon X i read but not really liking honestly so i wouldn't suggest it ;D that is all)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn:

If you can get over the 05 thing then yes Blue has been a good read, and Gold is a nice classic vibe to it. Nothing ground breaking from either but they are enjoyable, I am slowly becoming a big Cullen Bunn fan, he is the only one whose written the 05 and made me forget how much i dispise the entire idea of the 05 so i really suggest him. Also his older work the Uncanny that was out the same time as Extraordinary was alot better read then i initially thought. When Extra and Uncanny were both out i got so annoyed with cross overs and silly ideas i dropped every title (and by drop I really mean just didnt read because i subscribe to the title so they still came in the mail lol) So as i started reading blue and gold i decided to give Uncanny another chance just because i enjoyed Bunn so much and it was really good, and he wrote a solo Magneto series before that, it was excellent.

Yeah, Cullen Bunn is an excelent writer, one of my favorites, I have already read his Mganeto run and it was stellar, pretty much anything with his name on it I´ll read it down the line.

So yea those are my suggestions OH and Astonishing is decent the set up seems really rush with a random grouping of Characters but its decent enough so far, Generation X is up and down with me, the art is horrible but I am a big fan of the old Gen X characters so seeing them teased in a page here or there still does something for me lol, and Cable is starting his own group in his book so that has caught my interest. (Iceman solo isn't horrible, and i haven't read Jean grey but most people here seem to like it, same with the All New Wolverine and OML, and Weapon X i read but not really liking honestly so i wouldn't suggest it ;D that is all)

Jean Grey and Iceman are titles that I´ve been meaning to try as well, though I´m not too convinced, there is a lot of reading that I want to check before giving those a shot. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help bro, I really appreciate it.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Np and I replied to your other thread with a reading list I would suggest check most them out I think you will like them, have fun and just enjoy it. Everyone on this forum (including myself) has a pretty jaded look on alot of different titles but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them. Have fun

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

So you enjoyed the run as a whole? Even with all the cross over stuff

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It disgusted me from the first preview and my presentiments weren't wrong at all.

@thor_parker82:

What kind of reads to you look for? Light hearted, dark, violent, visionary? Regardless, I suggest reading as much of Claremont's Uncanny as possible, the earliest stuff feels a bit dated, but I think it has it charm and it's not like you're just getting into comics, so you're already familiar with a more exposition heavy classic stuff, it shouldn't be off putting to you I think.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

It disgusted me from the first preview and my presentiments weren't wrong at all.

@thor_parker82:

What kind of reads to you look for? Light hearted, dark, violent, visionary? Regardless, I suggest reading as much of Claremont's Uncanny as possible, the earliest stuff feels a bit dated, but I think it has it charm and it's not like you're just getting into comics, so you're already familiar with a more exposition heavy classic stuff, it shouldn't be off putting to you I think.

thats sooo good, i still never can suggest it to new readers (and yes i get he isnt new just saying) cause new readers are so gosh darn lazy now lol all those words scare them

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@thor_parker82:

Not looking for anything specific, be it light hearted or dark, as long as it´s a good read that stays with you after you´ve put down the book, it´s something I´d like to check, although if you could recommend both light hearted and dark stories, it would be greatly appreciated.

The main reason I haven´t read most of Claremont´s X-Men is because I´m worried it would feel too dated, but when I think about it, it´s kind of dumb, I´ve read a lot of 80s comics and all of Stan Lee´s Spider-Man which are all dated yet awesome, but like I said, that´s a run I´ll definitely take a look at.

He was like 10 years on X-Men, wasn´t he ?? So that´s what, like 120 issues of Claremont´s awesomeness ??

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Not looking for anything specific, be it light hearted or dark, as long as it´s a good read that stays with you after you´ve put down the book, it´s something I´d like to check, although if you could recommend both light hearted and dark stories, it would be greatly appreciated.

Any character preferences?

The main reason I haven´t read most of Claremont´s X-Men is because I´m worried it would feel too dated, but when I think about it, it´s kind of dumb, I´ve read a lot of 80s comics and all of Stan Lee´s Spider-Man which are all dated yet awesome, but like I said, that´s a run I´ll definitely take a look at.

He was like 10 years on X-Men, wasn´t he ?? So that´s what, like 120 issues of Claremont´s awesomeness ??

For the early Claremont's work I will say that Classic X-men reprints are the real gem as they have those backup stories that made to me are the real gem and power behind Claremont's genius, Magneto's Holocaust survivor origin is also there which to me personally transcends comics. And there other notable character works with Colossus, Jean, Cyclops, Storm... it really is the gem and exemplifies the reasons I think Claremont is such a beloved writer.

He has his downs, don't get me wrong, sometimes he's getting too wacky for no good non nerdy reason, but he's probably the only author I forgive in this area so there's also that. Regardless, t's hard to imagine him being more dated than Stan though...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @adamtrmm said:

@thor_parker82:

thats sooo good, i still never can suggest it to new readers (and yes i get he isnt new just saying) cause new readers are so gosh darn lazy now lol all those words scare them

Decompression time baby, get along or die out!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.