Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Do you like Wolverine leading the xmen?

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like Wolverine leading the xmen? (42 votes)

Yes 29%
    No 69%
     • 
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the situation.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pizzaman

If Scott, Ororo and Jean aren't available.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Immolation

In general? No, not really.

He was cool during his brief stint in the 80's when he took over for Storm and I liked him in X-Force. I didn't like him in Wolverine and the X-Men, though. Him being in charge of the school seemed weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, not really. There are situations where he's the best option, but I don't think it suits him. Despite all his years and sagely wisdom, the guy has trouble living with his decisions; too much regret, too much guilt, too much weakness. He's prone to bailing out when the going gets tough.

Storm and Cyclops have their faults, but they're steely enough to keep their shit together and do what needs to be done.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think hes more of a lone infiltrator or 1st line of defense a leader would send. He's not a leader material

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but Schism was great imo.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Just honestly never seen a book where i felt he was leading the X-Men well.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: Schism was not that well executed. In fact it would have been much better if Beast and Storm had been leading the other side instead if Wolverine

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RabumAlal

@hawk2916: I agree with the execution being bad but it would have been terrible if it were Beast and Storm. Wolverine at that point was totally fine with Cyke leading and they were really standing together. Cyclops was also sending him on missions and stuff. Wolverine is much more popular and a better fitting character. Beast? The guy has shady morals and he isn't very leader material. Storm maybe but I don't like her as a character a lot so yeah that's personal :D She also doesn't have a close relationship to Scott.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose, if Storm or ......cyclops -__-....aren't available

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HAWK2916

@rabumalal: They have history especially when it comes to how the leadership should go. Really though I wish it had been Xavier that stepped up. Xavier being on the other side of the Schism would have made his death in AVX a bit more profound. I still say though that Storm and Beast would have been better than Wolverine. Then when Jason Aaron got a hold of him it just further hurt the character

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love Wolverine, but his morally grey, loner nature doesn't work well in the role.

He loses a lot of key attributes by either being overly domesticated (see Headmaster Wolverine) or he ends up not only doing questionable things, but ends up being in charge of other people committing those acts as well (see leader of X-Force). Part of Wolverine's redeeming qualities as an anti-hero is that he does what needs to be done so no one else has to.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would be cool and i think she can do it but i do think laura would reject the role of leader cause she knows there's better choices for leaders

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If no one else is around then yeah he's okay. To lead a kill squad, sure why not. To be a permanent leader not so much. Especially not of a school of impressionable children. That just made no sense to me.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah. He's not very reliable. He might be cool to lead a team every now and then but he shouldn't be a permanent leader.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

Nah. He's not very reliable. He might be cool to lead a team every now and then but he shouldn't be a permanent leader.

He is reliable. No one was killed in school when he was a director.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totoro79: Glob Herman was abandoned in the savage land, broo, sprite and tino were all seriously injured and nearly died.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has too much of a loner mentality. Even he has stated many times that he's not a good leader. While that is often a quality in a good leader, this time it's very true. He's often a good soldier, just not a good leader.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Totoro79

@koays said:

@totoro79: Glob Herman was abandoned in the savage land, broo, sprite and tino were all seriously injured and nearly died.

No one died. No one was blown up in a bus. No one was killed in the danger room ... That's the most important thing.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's often a good soldier, just not a good leader.

Even Cyclops thought otherwise when make Wolverine a leader in X-Force team.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totoro79: Lol Wolverine was at the school for all of that other stuff too. And I dont see reliable leadership being a big factor when your scale of improvement is "Instead of Hate Groups shooting a missile at a bus of de-powered students, or rogue computer programs becoming sentient....we now have students being poisoned, shot with sniper rifles and having their skulls bashed in to the point of brain damage."

Plus the challenge is reliability of Wolverine...and HE is the one who got in the X-Jet and left Glob Herman in the savage land with Sauron for failing a team exercise.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Totoro79

@koays said:

@totoro79: Lol Wolverine was at the school for all of that other stuff too. And I dont see reliable leadership being a big factor when your scale of improvement is "Instead of Hate Groups shooting a missile at a bus of de-powered students, or rogue computer programs becoming sentient....we now have students being poisoned, shot with sniper rifles and having their skulls bashed in to the point of brain damage."

Plus the challenge is reliability of Wolverine...and HE is the one who got in the X-Jet and left Glob Herman in the savage land with Sauron for failing a team exercise.

For me, Wolverine is a good leader. His students live in school and learning, rather than fight with mankind and not hide in the bunker. He made mistakes and admitted it and move on. Also students and his friends also considered him a good leader when left with him from Utopia.

P.S. I read your comments in other thread. You really do not like Wolverine. Therefore, we should not continue our discussion.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine as a leader is not the best role for him. Hell arguably Fantomex and Xforce were more effective in Dark Angel Saga when Wolverine was down and I hate Fantomex. While I understand Wolverine leading the exodus from Utopia, him being a leader for any extended period of time just doesn't really work. He even admits it, so not sure you can argue with what he freely admits

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totoro79: lol where did I say I dont like Wolverine? And even if i did its not like i hate the character. And nothing ive said hasnt been objectively correct....im not even saying hes a bad leader. Im saying the standards you used to say he was a good one are wrong.

Totoro79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Totoro79
    @koays said:

@totoro79: lol where did I say I dont like Wolverine? And even if i did its not like i hate the character. And nothing ive said hasnt been objectively correct....im not even saying hes a bad leader. Im saying the standards you used to say he was a good one are wrong.

I did not say anything about hatred, I wrote "do not like." These are different things. In the thread "Rank These X-Men" you put X-23 as a character higher than Logan and Logan is not in your Top 10. A little bit biased, provided that you also think that he is no "reliable leadership".

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totoro79: -_- i put him at number 11. I put X-23 over him because i prefer her character and stories. It doesnt mean i think shes a better leader then he is so i dont understand why thats important at all. Hes in the middle of a list ranking characters based on nothing but our own preference.

And again i ask you what does that have to do with me being objective. I havent said anything bad about Wolverine.

I simply took issue with the fact that you implied that losing students made the others less reliable. YOU just made a statement that didnt do anything to prove hes reliable and wasnt based on facts about him or other leaders so I challenged that point.

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is cool in certain situations, but no.

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Are you sure that the Wolverine not making your top ten doesn't have anything to do with your prejudice against Canadians? Admit it. You just can't stand the fact that he is from a more superior country than yours.

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Koays

@netherlandman: Lol not that i have anything stronger then mild disinterest in Wolverine...but if i did hate him, GODDAMN RIGHT it would be because he's Canadian.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@netherlandman: I...actually kind of like that costume. What is happening to me?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. I love Wolverine but being a leader doesn't suit him. Writers trying to force him into that role is part of the reason why he has not been written well in a long time.

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NetherlandMan
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Koays
    No Caption Provided

NetherlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.