Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Creative Teams For X-Men Gold & Blue Revealed !!!!!!!!!!!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So For Any X-Men Fans, There Are Some Good News And A Bit Of Bad News. The Good News Is That Kitty Pryde Is Returning To Lead The X-Men, The Mutants Are Getting More Focus Again, And That The Writer Revealed Is Cullen Bunn And The Artists For The Two Books Are Ardian Syaf And Jorge Molina. The Bad News Is That One Of The Writers Is Marc Guggenheim Who You May Know Him As The Guy Who Created Olicity And The Entirety Of Seasons 3 And 4 Of Arrow. So Yeah.......

http://www.newsarama.com/32142-creators-cast-more-revealed-for-twice-monthly-x-men-blue-and-gold-titles.html

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Still no original Cyke or Wolverine being able to come back and the time displaced is team still around despite having been broken up like 3 times? My hopes for what was going to happen dropped. I hope for the books success, but post IVX would be a perfect time to bring back the real versions of some of these important characters, and with it apparently not I find what is happening is incredibly disappointing. I'm still hopeful for the other books but count me out until my actual faves comeback, not the copies from an alternate universe that are running around as if they make up for it.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least Rachel, Colossus, and Kitty are on a team again.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only that I've read by Marc Guggenheim was the Civil War tie in that he did in Wolverine during the first Civil War. I didn't think it was very good. He was the guy who blew up Wolverine to the point that only his skeleton remained.

At least Bunn will be sticking around.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really Marvel? How much longer are they going to push these time lost brats on us?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woooooooooooow!!!!! Have you ever seen anything like that before?! So many fresh ideas I can't even...

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: It's X-Factor in the 80s all over again. Lol. Same thing with the O5 having a problem with Magneto leading back then. You would think they would be more forgiving to Magneto. All he did was try to take over a base, but they act like he killed their mothers and raped their dogs.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

“Kitty is the right person to bring the X-Men into the future, to herald in the next era of the X-Men,

Uh...yeah, I have been saying this and suggesting LARPy fan fiction team proposals where Kitty is the leader or co leader for years...

WHERE IS MY WRITING JOB, MARVEL!!??

@koays

As part of the new "ResurrXion" era, Rachel Grey will be getting a new codename - Prestige - as well as a new costume.

LOL, your girlfriend is getting downgraded from the Phoenix and is being given a stripper's name. Just kill yourself now.

msphoenixqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is where are adult Iceman and Magik, not to mention the other characters from the All-New line like Idie and Evan. Also does anyone know if Laura Kinney's All-New Wolverine series will continue?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Lmao my first thought was a joke about girls who lose their father figures turning to the pole....but that promo image has left me with only the unyeilding rage brought on by the question WTF IS SHE WEARING!!!!! REINVENT HER IDENTITY??? SCREW YOU GUGENHEIM! SHE LOOKS AN ACOLYTE!! TAKE YOUR STUPID ASS CODENAME AND TERRIBLE COSTUME STUFF IT BACK INTO AMEILA VOIGHTS 90s REJECT CLOSET WHERE IT BELONGS! GO BACK TO RUINING ARROW AND LEAVE MY WIFE ALONE!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok ok I can dig it

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain:

Lol to be fair SA Mags was indeed terrible so I could totally "see" their frustration that was at least understandable, not meta enough to outline the shift though as he was basically a different character, but still at the very least, understandable continuity wise. He even once kidnapped Jean and proposed himself to her, but let's not sink that deep into these hellish pits of continuity ;) and damn, let the eighties, nineties and moreso effing seventies stay where they are for eff's sake. Just look at Colossus, Kurt and Storm. Really? It's 2017 almost, can't they give them a proper redesign already? They look godawful, and it's not just my total absence of sentiments towards the overwanked 'iconic looks', these costumes look like a joke objectively speaking. I'm not even talking about the 'reimagination' of Extra and it being basically the same old boring roster with insignificant changes.

The o5 and Magneto... Well, objectively and especially under Bunn it COULD be interesting, but subjectively my utter loathing for these little whiny crapsters is so severe, me spending even a peny on them is something that isn't going to happen.

Hell even Bunn and Magneto have been hijacked now, there's basically nothing for me right here. Sorry for all that toxicity, but it is what it is. I'm kind of really disappointed right now, the hints for ANAD and o5 brats were already given, but there was still hope. Now there's no lolz

Anopticblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be a long year.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guggenheim....for real

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

I don't know. The only encounter that the time displaced X-Men had with Magneto was the first one in X-Men #1. I don't think that his appearance in that one issue will be enough to justify the hate that they have for him. However, with Bunn, he might write it better than the writers in the past did.

He even once kidnapped Jean and proposed himself to her, but let's not sink that deep into these hellish pits of continuity ;)

Lol, wtf? Silver Age was unreadable for me. I only did the first couple issues and skipped to Claremont.

Just look at Colossus, Kurt and Storm. Really? It's 2017 almost, can't they give them a proper redesign already? They look godawful, and it's not just my total absence of sentiments towards the overwanked 'iconic looks', these costumes look like a joke objectively speaking. I'm not even talking about the 'reimagination' of Extra and it being basically the same old boring roster with insignificant changes.

I like Colossus' attire...

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them do away with the costumes. Every since Morrison's run, where they went public, there has always been a good argument to be made, that says that they don't need them. The X-Men never really did the "secret identity" thing to begin with. I don't think it would be a big deal for them to pick up uniforms again.

Hell even Bunn and Magneto have been hijacked now, there's basically nothing for me right here. Sorry for all that toxicity, but it is what it is. I'm kind of really disappointed right now, the hints for ANAD and o5 brats were already given, but there was still hope. Now there's no lolz

Yeah, I'm not expecting much from Marc Guggenheim either, but will check it out. I will also probably check out gold, with Bunn on it. We could still hope for something good from Excalibur or Weapon X.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aaaaaaand they hit the Claremont panic button

shocking

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

.........!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More thoughts:

- They basically kept All-New and Extraordinary and axed Uncanny, which was the only decent X-book. ?

- Why does Kitty get to be team leader after dicking around in space with Ster Lerd while everything went tits up back home?

- I'd much rather see Magneto leading Dani, Sam, Karma, and Bobby.

- The adult O5 are boring. The teen O5 doubly so. Shut that shit down.

- Rachel Grey. Why?

- Rachel Grey's new costume and code name. WHY?!

- I guess Rogue is still an Avenger.

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the biggest take away that it seems nobody has noticed: its double shipping and knowing Marvel, they will try to hike up the price.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Just look at Colossus, Kurt and Storm. Really? It's 2017 almost, can't they give them a proper redesign already? They look godawful, and it's not just my total absence of sentiments towards the overwanked 'iconic looks', these costumes look like a joke objectively speaking.

Shush, they look perfect. I prefer spandex to some corny kevlar and carbon fiber bullshit. It's not a Tom Clancy novel.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prestige

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just when I thought the costumes couldn't get worse... Ewww

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sprior93 said:

@adamtrmm:

Just look at Colossus, Kurt and Storm. Really? It's 2017 almost, can't they give them a proper redesign already? They look godawful, and it's not just my total absence of sentiments towards the overwanked 'iconic looks', these costumes look like a joke objectively speaking.

Shush, they look perfect. I prefer spandex to some corny kevlar and carbon fiber bullshit. It's not a Tom Clancy novel.

I was like "oh cool they look like the classic X-Men" then I saw Old Man Logan dressed like a homeless person......

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: My condolences. It is baffling why they didn't just re-use one of her many costumes and names.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By adamTRMM

@invain:

I don't know. The only encounter that the time displaced X-Men had with Magneto was the first one in X-Men #1. I don't think that his appearance in that one issue will be enough to justify the hate that they have for him. However, with Bunn, he might write it better than the writers in the past did.

If you're talking about the time displaced brats then you're right I think, BUT, just recently Bunn reestablished the Cape Citadel encounter and made it much more bloodier and gory than the original SA silly fluff. And since Bunn is handling it, I guess it will also be acknowledged as such. Ugh, I might as well hype myself for that story...

Lol, wtf? Silver Age was unreadable for me. I only did the first couple issues and skipped to Claremont.

Yep, you know I sometimes wish Claremont would've used the Holocaust origin with a completely new character without all that horrendous baggage, tabula rasa, then sh!t like Planet X or the nineties reversal also wouldn't have needed to happen decimating all the character progress and growth because of "reasons". I keep seeing evidence to how hard Claremont had to constantly defend his vision for Magneto from other creators, the original X-men vs. Avengers mini was also supposed to end with Magneto's reversal to villainy, but that was the rise of Claremont's popularity so he had the final say or something like this. There's also evidence to how Byrne tried to hijack those developments, I mean, evidently, it was tiresome even for Claremont himself. All because of the SA trashy baggage. To me, it made perfect sense though, Magneto was corrupted by totality of his horrible experience AND powers, it was right there in the narrative basically, and the metaphor was powerful - humanity creates its own demons, twisting even the good people with its sins. But I subtlety and nuance was way over some creative minds' heads apparently.

You did the right call, I skimmed through SA mostly and then did the same thing. I mean, I respect it, Stan Lee gave them a catchy and pretty neat title, they also introduced the Brotherhood, Sentinels, Juggernaut, Living Monolith, Havok and Polaris. Truth be told, none of this premiered being as good as when others reworked them, but still, origins and stuff. So yeah, being completely honest, that writing was.... eh..

I like Colossus' attire...

No man, don't say this... he looks like a demented circus artist... :p

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them do away with the costumes. Every since Morrison's run, where they went public, there has always been a good argument to be made, that says that they don't need them. The X-Men never really did the "secret identity" thing to begin with. I don't think it would be a big deal for them to pick up uniforms again.

Depends, I like current Uncanny theme-based uniflorous. One can say they were theme-based even as the o5 first assembled, but quite frankly the concept has evolved since then. If anything, I wouldn't mind a more "mature" version of Ultimate costumes with individual outlines and traits. I agree that X's "outgrew" silly superhero cheery crap, but at the same time looking at the o5 poster. No. Even more no to Morrison reminiscence. :p

Yeah, I'm not expecting much from Marc Guggenheim either, but will check it out. I will also probably check out gold, with Bunn on it. We could still hope for something good from Excalibur or Weapon X.

Guggentheim has one decent work on completely obscure characters and concept that I like, Vanguard from Marvel Universe Presents vol. 2, everything, not so much. Especially not Arrow lolz

Excalibur? I thought the only ones left are:

Weapon X

Gen X

Cable

Jean

Iceman

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adamTRMM

:

@sprior93 said:

No Caption Provided

...sometimes you have to accept that the case is lost, and it isn't your fault...

And it's kevlar that is corny, not the outmoded and cheesy clownery.

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old-fashioned"

Terrible excuses are terrible. How sad it must be when Rachel and OML are the best looking ones :p

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Kitty leading a team with Storm? Is Storm going to step down? Sad that Colossus doesn't have his beard.

Tbh, both of these don't excite me much but I'll check them out.

ryanmykedaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there going to be an "Uncanny X-Men" title, or is it done?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Superheroes are outmoded and cheesey. The cheese is half the appeal. Rachel and OML are the worst looking ones.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: @adamtrmm: Do you guys think Guggentheim is the best choice for the X-men? Do you think he will be able to write the characters personality and powers as they should be or completely FAIL?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Regardless of how adamtrmm and I feel about costumes, I'm sure we can agree that the writing will be dogshit. Everything Guggenheim is attached to fails.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamTRMM: please what issue and comic did Bunn retell the Magneto vs O5 fight, I didn't follow bunns magneto solo and would like to read this

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@stormphoenix: Regardless of how adamtrmm and I feel about costumes, I'm sure we can agree that the writing will be dogshit. Everything Guggenheim is attached to fails.

*sigh* Great that's not what I wanted to hear.......well I guess I can kiss Storm being written well goodbye.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: That's kind of interesting. Sometimes I think of going back and reading Silver Age... then I start doing it and decide against it. I remember Magneto talking about himself being crazy during the Silver Age, and them using some scapegoat for it.

I actually liked 90s Magneto... well, early 90s Magneto. One of my favorite Magneto stories was X-Men Unlimited #2, I think, where it touches on Magneto Origins in the Holocaust. I liked how they kept his tragic past intact. Fatal Attractions and Mutants Genesis were alright by me, but Magneto War and the other stuff from the late 90s was shit.

No man, don't say this... he looks like a demented circus artist... :p

?

Depends, I like current Uncanny theme-based uniflorous. One can say they were theme-based even as the o5 first assembled, but quite frankly the concept has evolved since then. If anything, I wouldn't mind a more "mature" version of Ultimate costumes with individual outlines and traits. I agree that X's "outgrew" silly superhero cheery crap, but at the same time looking at the o5 poster. No. Even more no to Morrison reminiscence.

I don't think they should go back to Morrison nostalgia, I was just saying that from that point on there has been a good argument to be made that says they don't need costumes. I agree that something like Ultimate X-Men would be cool. Or even just theme costumes like the 2008 X-Force.

Excalibur? I thought the only ones left are:

Yeah, I meant Gen X.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain:

That's kind of interesting. Sometimes I think of going back and reading Silver Age... then I start doing it and decide against it. I remember Magneto talking about himself being crazy during the Silver Age, and them using some scapegoat for it.

I actually liked 90s Magneto... well, early 90s Magneto. One of my favorite Magneto stories was X-Men Unlimited #2, I think, where it touches on Magneto Origins in the Holocaust. I liked how they kept his tragic past intact. Fatal Attractions and Mutants Genesis were alright by me, but Magneto War and the other stuff from the late 90s was shit.

Barely. Every time I see them flashbacking Mags (from all the issues I can think of at least), he is pretty much himself, only you know villain, which completely undermines Claremont's legacy imo.

Admittedly, 90s Mags wasn't completely terrible, he was still a very nuanced villain, it's just him being a villain was a step back in itself. But for what he was, I can agree with this, but only through a very selective headcanon. I mean, why the hell he tried to "sacrifice" QS during FA if not just in a halfassed attempt to make him look bad for the sake of it? I also couldn't stop shaking my head when Mags used Illyana's death to build on his reasoning to why they need to prepare the war against humanity, all while she died from the virus one absolutely petty mutant released, was kind of dumb. And when a writer can't tell a smart story where things develop naturally and aren't enforced by reducing everyone's intelligence, then something isn't right.

That said, the culmination of 90s Mags path being the president of Genosha had so much potential... but then Morrison happened.

?

What is this. I see nothing. :p

I don't think they should go back to Morrison nostalgia, I was just saying that from that point on there has been a good argument to be made that says they don't need costumes. I agree that something like Ultimate X-Men would be cool. Or even just theme costumes like the 2008 X-Force.

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro:

That was the last issue of Bunn's Magneto I think. It was on a preview here on comicvine btw. Here's the link:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-preview-magneto-21/1100-153280/

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Vanguard was pretty good. CW Arrow sucks all of them kinds of sticks. I dunno, not really familiar with him all that much beside that.

Now, for the costumes:

Superheroes are outmoded and cheesey. The cheese is half the appeal. Rachel and OML are the worst looking ones.

My entire appeal for superheroes comes from the super, not the heroes. Maybe that's why I enjoy so much superhero deconstructions, satires, anti-whatever and Snyder, regardless, when I look at Colossus right now, all I have is pity for that fictional yet tortured to death soul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

"Maybe that's why I enjoy so much superhero deconstructions, satires, anti-whatever and Snyder"

Ugh, you're one of those...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By adamTRMM

@sprior93:

I also like good concepts, stories and visuals, and as of now, the thing we discussed has already 2 out of 3 failed paragraphs.

I'm innocent!

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm thanks man. Wow Bunn really switched things up and changed the tone of a really wacky book to something dark. In X-men season one and X-men first class series, there were different scenes where Bobby, Jean and the others were discussing how the encounter was traumatic and how they had nightmares for nights... I never really got that, stan Lee and even Hopeless portrayed the scenes in ways that didn't really feel like the kids were in any real danger, even though it was obvious that magneto outclassed them in power. But Bunn... Man...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: So what your saying that Guggenheim is a bad choice for the writer of the Gold Team X-men???

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: dude, like seriously, I've been told I missed out by not reading Bunns Magneto, but reading just the last issue alone has ignited something in me, need to read the whole book

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro:

It's not a bad book. Could've been a lot better, but still not bad for what it is. If you like Magneto you should read it regardless just to form an opinion ;) Bunn managed to work much better on Uncanny, still there are questionable moments, yet there was something that I really liked. Shame it has to end now.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

I say he has potential, but I find his cast uninspired.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.