Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Creative Team For Weapon X Revealed!!!!!!!!!!

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, Good News Is That This Series Will Be Written By Greg Pak :) :D Sad News However, Is That It'll Be Written By Greg Land :( -_- . But As Long As The Story Is Good And Land's Work Won't Overshadow The Series Much It'll Still Be Good, Right?

https://news.marvel.com/comics/56041/resurrxion-files-weapon-x/

Thoughts ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is the only x-book that interests me.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My boy Jimmy is here... Delightful. Shame Archangel and Betsy aren't involved though and that this isn't Lashley on the art duties, he'd be almost perfect here, but these days Land is at least tolerable. It's not like Xmen are getting any of the top artists nowadays anyway.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By HAWK2916

This seems to be the only bright spot. I like that Pak is writing and I love the inclusion of Warpath and Domino. I'm also actually interested in Lady Deathstrike in this. I would have preferred Ken Lashley on the art and really OML in multiple books now. Not a fan of Creed either. Still not interested enough to buy it though

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is one of the few instances where it would have made sense to have Deadpool on the team.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RaunJisto

Domino and Warpath? Hmmm...

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool to see Warpath and Domino.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah. Cannot wait. The hype is real.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pak is one of my favorite writers. I'm kinda excited.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
    StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Land? Dammit, 3 step forward, 4 traced steps back.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't get how Greg Land keeps getting work.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Well... I like Greg Pak AND Greg Land. Honestly this title looks the best thus far.
    I MIGHT give generation X and Iceman a chance.... But Gold is going to have to give me Storm's mohawk and Rachel in a better costume before I come aboard.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Marvel. stop. hiring. Land.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: Storm will not be confined to one hairstyle! It seems against her character for you to expect she must have a mohawk.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adamTRMM

Now that I read the premise, couple of thinks I want to point out:

1. Pak writing this is kind of interesting. I'm not sure how he's going to handle it, but his Hulk proved to be at the very least all kinds of entertaining.

2. The revealed cast: Deathstrike, Creed, OML, Domino and Jimmy. Honestly, the only characters I'm really satisfied with are Warpath and Sabretooth. I know OML makes perfect sense being here, and that's without mentioning him being the main mainstream draw right here, but to me personally, if he wasn't here, that's one more spot a character that doesn't appear on any book (let alone three now) could've had a vacuum to fill, which would also be preferable regardless. But I can get over that, I can also get over Domino, who I'm not a fan of (there are other X-gals I'd love to see taking her place right here without hesitation), what I totally don't get is the hell Deathstrike supposed to bring to the table. There are three "slashers" already and beyond that, doesn't she hate mutants? I can see her bridging for some mutual interests, but as a main char? I dunno, once again, a spot that could be totally filled by a more worthy and missed X-character.

3. Weapon X revived. WX being genocidal towards mutants is nothing new tbf. One of the only good parts of Morrsion's run revolve around that concept exactly, moreover retconed the whole Program being exactly THAT. Sublime created WX to not only engineer a perfect weapon for mutant extermination and ways of exploitation, but also as means to imbue humanity with hate through it.

4. Stabby, stabby, stabby, cutty, pew. I guess this lineup is supposed to resemble K/Y X-force reimagination, but let's be honest, it's pretty redundant right here. Weapon X long since outlived having Wolverine like characters as their top dogs. 1000-in-1, Ultimaton, the living religion or whatever it was, I'm not sure why would Pak restrict himself this way. Diversity of powersets would totally make sense right here, and would also be a more creative approach for handling the darker X-universe, speaking of which....

5. "Dark X-men". Now, if this Weapon X title isn't exclusive to WX-related characters, I can't see a good enough reason to not include other darker X-characters that also happen to be more diverse powerwise. Magik? Psylocke? Cable? Elixir? Darwin? Monet? Hell, pointing this out made me think of all these dark developments Bunn started (including Creed's inversion and his relationship with M) and will probably have no time to resolve so it would totally make sense if it was he who handles this one continuing his setups righ there.

Anyway, a deadly team that isn't restricted by stabby cutty pew is something I want to see happening, and here it makes perfect sense if Pak doesn't try to ignore what WX was already.

6. No Fantomex. Finally.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writer is terrible, the artist is worse and the roster sucks.

You know, even in the worst phases of the x-books there was at least one book that wasnt bad. There isn't a single good book anounced for Ressurrection! Not one!

It's wall-to-wall crap!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

It has Warpath and Domino. I 'm in. Totally getting it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.