Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Craig Kyle & Chris Yost writers of Amazing X-Men

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I just heard that Jason Aaron is leaving Amazing X-Men and Kyle and Yost are taking over. It looks like Colossus is joining series.

That is good new Colossus, Kurt, Wolverine and maybe Iceman in one team, should be amazing. With those writers it will be.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Just saw this.

Very, very, veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy excited about this. Kyle and Yost have done some of my favorite comics. Wondering if McGuinness is going to stay on art.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to scream like a teenage fanboy right now, that's how I feel lol And that's while replacing Aaron?! Send back 05 and let Bendis be replaced with Gillen in Uncanny and I got everything. Well, almost.

Avatar image for doctor_malekith
    Doctor_Malekith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

I want to scream like a teenage fanboy right now, that's how I feel lol And that's while replacing Aaron?! Send back 05 and let Bendis be replaced with Gillen in Uncanny and I got everything. Well, almost.

That would make me cry manly tears of joy.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Chris Yost writes an Amazing Storm! I cannot wait! Still don't want Storm and Nightcrawler together as couple. Nope. Nope. Nope. I will not be pleased if that happens.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't bothered by Aaron being on this book, but Kyle and Yost....maybe put some edge back into the X-Men.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7  Edited By McKlayn

i hated WATXM under aaron but his amazing had been pretty good, stil his WATXM started out decent too so this uh, this is good news i think esp about Colossus :D

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    @time said:

I just heard that Jason Aaron is leaving Amazing X-Men and Kyle and Yost are taking over. It looks like Colossus is joining series.

That is good new Colossus, Kurt, Wolverine and maybe Iceman in one team, should be amazing. With those writers it will be.

that does sound pretty cool.

where did you hear about this?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hrm. The article seems to mention that the entire team could be remade. Although I'm glad that Colossus was at the top of their list. Big guys needs to be in a large X-title. Plus Kyle & Yost gives me hope that Domilossus survives after X-force ended.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mercy_ said:

Very, very, veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy excited about this. Kyle and Yost have done some of my favorite comics. Wondering if McGuinness is going to stay on art.

it said in the Marvel article that they'll be working with him.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/3/10/22112/join_chris_yost_craig_kyle_colossus_on_amazing_x-men

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HAWK2916

PLease let this happen!!!! I want Aaron gone for good and if we get K&Y, that would be awesome.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Aarons last issue is April with Immonen doing May then K&Y from then on. Plus Colossus. Man my day has been great... just watched Survivor and the person I wanted gone got the boot,NFL free agency starts tomorrow and it will be awesome this year, the final book in a trilogy Ive been into becomes available at midnight and now this news....honestly Im on cloud nine lol

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jbreen

Love Kyle and Yost's previous work in the X-Universe so I am excited to see them start on the book

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite butchers are back, but they will write a pretty classic "morals on" team, so I think they'll task themselves with a challenge of NOT killing anyone, 'cause the first thing we will expect from them is a bus to most of Aaron's creations departure lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

YYYAAASSS!!!

This is the BEST news I have heard in a long time in the X-books. I have not read Kyle's work before to my knowledge but most X-Fans seem to hold him in high regard. Yost is up there with Claremont for me when it comes to his writing of Storm and X-Men in general so...I'm excited to say the least :-).

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't be happier about this. Awesome news, just awesome.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: AAAAhhhhhhh!!!! lLOL. Now that would be a dream come true for real. Put all of Aaron's pets on a bus and blow it away or if not that drastic just let them get sucked into some time-warp portal that shoots them out into another universe or world out of sight.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great news. I happened to read Kyle & Yost's X-Force, and it was absolutely good. I didn't really have a problem with Aaron's writing, but I'm thrilled to see the dynamic duo back.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@adamtrmm: AAAAhhhhhhh!!!! lLOL. Now that would be a dream come true for real. Put all of Aaron's pets on a bus and blow it away or if not that drastic just let them get sucked into some time-warp portal that shoots them out into another universe or world out of sight.

Lol.

FINALLY some good news. Not that I don't like Aaron but, I believe he should take a break and let Kyle and Yost take over. I can imagine how many of you are celebrating lol.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

YYYAAASSS!!!

This is the BEST news I have heard in a long time in the X-books. I have not read Kyle's work before to my knowledge but most X-Fans seem to hold him in high regard. Yost is up there with Claremont for me when it comes to his writing of Storm and X-Men in general so...I'm excited to say the least :-).

This sum up my feelings lol

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

YEEEEESSSSS!!!! Finally, Colossus is back!!!!

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Djainess

This is awesome news! Big fan of kyle and yost! Happy! Just please don't ignore domino's and colossus' relationship. And don't dump firestar, i like her :p.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: I love there work on X-Force , the Messiah Saga and on Witchblade. It's a ashamed that Mike Choi and Sonia Oback won't be joining them. Nevertheless it's still great news.

@adamtrmm said:

I'm glad there finally get rid of Jason Aaron, can't stand him as writer. If they return Jean Grey from the White Room and then send the 05 back then are be happy. Otherwise having teen Jean Grey is ok. No to Gillien, he was a boring writer. If they return Rogue I will be happy.

YYYAAASSS!!!

You haven't red X-Force yet, it's amazing series. Old Ghost was the best story arc, they were all pretty good. Here images from old ghost.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The only issue with it, is Mike Choi and Sonia Oback won't be working on Amazing X-Men. Nevertheless, series will be good. There great writers. If the team is Wolverine, Storm, Kurt, Colossus, Beast, Northstar and hopefully Iceman and Firestar, then it will be great.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@time: I'm so sad that Choi and Oback don't work together anymore :( Neither is quite the same without the other.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By time1

@mercy_: I agree. There best artists team in the comic book industry. It such as shame they don't work together anymore.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Cutter

I didn't think Aaron was that bad...but I think is time for a replacement. Oprah do looks funny...lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adamTRMM
    @doctor_malekith said:

That would make me cry manly tears of joy.

Tears of joy will pop up as I'll read "K/Y are announced to continue their trip with New X-Men in a new, upcoming book" (with Gillen already on Uncanny!).

@hawk2916:

That will be for the other great news :]

@time said:

I'm glad there finally get rid of Jason Aaron, can't stand him as writer. If they return Jean Grey from the White Room and then send the 05 back then are be happy. Otherwise having teen Jean Grey is ok. No to Gillien, he was a boring writer. If they return Rogue I will be happy.

Pulling Jean Grey out of a greater plane of existence into ours would be pretty illogical, don't you find? Kyle said he prefers Emma lol Don't panic, Yost prefers Jean. As for Gillen, he was both great and terrible, his Magneto and PIS-battles were getting on my nerves, Tabula Rasa and Breakworld arcs were beyond unnecessary and boring, BUT, he was also behind some of the best ideas in a recent X-history, from ExtinTeam as a statement to the Consequences as the result, he proved to be one of the most capable X-writers in years. Most of his subplots like Colossus/Magik showdown, heralds of Phoenix, Sinister's evolution and its pre-story in the fourth and one of the best X-issues I've read in a while, even reminded me of Morrison's best issues #127 and #132 (when he actually tried to be a writer, not a smartass).

@cutter said:

I didn't think Aaron was that bad...

You're right, he was worse. He was the worst thing to happen to X-franchise for that time and till now.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Aaron as a writer. Sure, WatX took a definite dive in quality, but that was only because it was totally derailed by AvX. It started off really good and I'd bet that it could have continued to be good if it wasn't broken by a completely unnecessary 10 tie-in issues. But the series definitely got a bit better following AvX. As for his Amazing X-Men, I've been loving every issue. But I'm actually glad that Aaron's leaving. Not because I don't like his writing, but because I reeeaaally don't want him to tie it in to his upcoming Original Sin series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading this series far into the future, regardless of who's writing it, as long as they write it well and don't shoehorn in a bunch of tie-ins.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron may belong somewhere just not on the x-books. He'd probably be perfect a kiddie book like underdog, mighty mouse, peter pan or incredibles. Maybe the mystical or alien stuff may fit but nothing serious like the x-books. To me, him being on the x-books just further proves at least in my mind, that the xmen are second class now and the Avengers get the best treatment. I mean I doubt very seriously the Marvel would lwt Aaron anywhere near the Avengers but for him to be one of the main writers on xmen and even be given the kead on an event is just beyond reason and again indicative of the current sentiment regarding the xmen in the Marvel world

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yost Twitter

I caught this on his twitter today. Seems like a fun issue in store.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@roddy010 said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

YYYAAASSS!!!

This sum up my feelings lol

Ditto ALLL of that

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say, I hope they handle the tone shift well. I mean Aaron is writing hell as a cheery pirate adventure and Kyle and Yost are the guys that nuked a schoolbus and had Wolfsbane eat her abusive minister father....not exactly the same tempo.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I honestly hope there is a shift in tone. At least to a more serious one over the silliness we've gotten from Aaron. Sad to say.. i know this probably sounds bad but in all honesty I wouldnt mind if Kyle and Yost nuked that whole water park/bouncy castle they call the JGS school and took out some of Aaron's creations with it. Just go back to the mansion on Graymalkin.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Koays

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: I honestly hope there is a shift in tone. At least to a more serious one over the silliness we've gotten from Aaron. Sad to say.. i know this probably sounds bad but in all honesty I wouldnt mind if Kyle and Yost nuked that whole water park/bouncy castle they call the JGS school and took out some of Aaron's creations with it. Just go back to the mansion on Graymalkin.

Lol at the description.
    But yea I think the X-Men have needed a little darkening up in the last couple of years, especially since WatX-men started setting the tone for what the JGS setting is like. Still i hope they ease into it, since there are two other X-books set at the school that are improving, and most of the 'Amazing' cast overlap into one or more of those books so the changes may carry over badly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.