Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Can someone explain the Jean-Scott-Logan situation?

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GXrevolution

Okay. Ive been on many threads and It seems that this topic is very controversal . I am new reader, so I was wondering what the deal was between these three?

Before I started reading the comics, I was under distinct impression that Jean and Scott were couple and that they loved eac. This was from when I watched the animated show in the 90s and "evolution". But then I founded that she and Logan had a thing as well?

So who cheated on who? Did Jean love scott or logan? If it was the former, why was she messing around with Logan, going behind Scott's back and snogging him? Likewise, where does Emma fit in to all this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll try to give you a brief outline of this beautiful disaster. My memory is hazy, but this is how I remember it.

- Jean and Scott are a couple from the start.

- Logan joins the X-Men in the 70s.

- Logan falls in love(lust) with Jean.

- Jean is attracted to Logan, but still loves Scott -- cue love triangle and Wolvie/Cyke rivalry.

- Years go by. Jean and Logan have brief flirtations(and some kisses), but she never cheats on Scott.

- Jean and Scott's marriage starts to deteriorate.

- Emma Frost joins the X-Men.

- Scott has telepathic sex with Emma.

- Jean finds out, but is killed soon after by Xorn.

- Scott and Emma hook up.

NOW, here's the plot twist: Logan and Scott were secretly having an affair the entire time. Logan only flirted with Jean to get Scott's attention, and Scott was too insecure about his latent homosexuality to break up with Jean. They've been having sex on the down low for years.

Jean, Emma, Mariko -- they're all just beards.

Moral of the story: It's okay to be gay.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Koays  Online

@gxrevolution: Hello and Welcome to the X-Boards...I'm what passes for in charge around here. (Pay no attention to those who may disagree).

Basically Scott and Jean have been a thing since almost the beginning of the series. And have had an intimate connection since their early history. When Wolverine was introduced there was a mention of Jean having an undefined attraction to him. But most of the Jean and Logan relationship was a mutual respect where he harbored feelings for her but respected and supported her relationship with Scott.

To that effect during X-tinction Agenda when Logan is near death and Jean is locked alone with him she kisses him. Its a more solem moment that acknowledges there connection.

On the other hand, Scott and Jean leading up to that point weren't majorly featured with Wolverine for about a decade and were dealing with a love triangle of their own involving Jean, Scott and Madelynn Pryor. So the primary love storyline was Jean and Scott attempting to move past the drama of him being in relationships with to clones of her rather then Jean, Scott and Logan.

Then the movies came out and made the Jean, Scott, Logan the focus. This accompanied with a mandate of Marvel marriages being broken up, lead to a storyline where Scott and Jean began growing apart (her not being sympathetic to his possesion by Apocalypse and turning to Logan while he seeks help and understanding from Emma Frost). In the end Jean kisses Logan and he turns her down in respect for her marriage while Scott has a psychic affair with Emma Frost.

After Jean dies though Logan And Scott start getting weird about her...(with movies still pushing Logan and Jean do to Scott being killed off and Logans prominent role). So what was a respectful and subdued attraction on Logans part turned into a obsession with him keeping a lock of her hair and having a lot of tension with Scott and using her as a way to get at him. (Including opening a school in her name and implying he had a relationship with her when talking to AU counterpart of her).

Basically Logan/Jean has never been canon, and has for the most part been one-sided on the part of Logan. And has mostly only been prominent after her death despite very few moments to support a strong connection. Jean Scott however has been heavily built and supported as canon with Scotts second longest relatio ship (with Emma Frost) being entirely due to a psychic command from Jean telling him to stop mourning her.

Edit- Also Logan being gay for Scott is totally canon as he's the closest thing to Jean and Logan has a weird obssession.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Scott and Jean are lovers and Wolverine has a crush on Jean which is often minimally reciprocated. It was given more depth when Claremont was pissed they brought Jean back to life way back in the early 90s and since then has been a tool to introduce unwanted melodrama.

It's never really all that big of a thing in the comics. Wolverine has more prominent relationships with other women and the relationship is mostly pushed in the X-Men films, where Logan seems all but obsessed with Jean, because the actors that play Jean and Wolverine are tall and sexy, and Hollywood loves tall sexy, people.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umm if u like scott and jean i guess read 616 x-men books but if u like wolverine and jean together i guess the age of apocalypse and x-men forever

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first it was not a love triangle, but just Wolverine loving Jean. In 1988 during the Inferno storyline it is hinted at that she at least likes him as well by the way she reacts when he kisses her. Still doesn't become a "triangle" though. In 1993 during the Fatal Attractions storyline we finally find out Jean loves Wolverine as well when he nearly dies as the adamantium is removed from his body. Then some stuff happened. Logan left the X-Men, lost his nose, became a Horsemen of Apocalypse, came back. By this time we were in the early 2000's. This is where the love triangle actually took place. The love triangle was popularized by the cartoons and movies, it never seemed like a big deal until after they came out.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GXrevolution

@immolation said:

At first it was not a love triangle, but just Wolverine loving Jean. In 1988 during the Inferno storyline it is hinted at that she at least likes him as well by the way she reacts when he kisses her. Still doesn't become a "triangle" though. In 1993 during the Fatal Attractions storyline we finally find out Jean loves Wolverine as well when he nearly dies as the adamantium is removed from his body. Then some stuff happened. Logan left the X-Men, lost his nose, became a Horsemen of Apocalypse, came back. By this time we were in the early 2000's. This is where the love triangle actually took place. The love triangle was popularized by the cartoons and movies, it never seemed like a big deal until after they came out.

So what became of this? Did they confess to each other and decided not persure a relationship or was it left unadressed?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koays  Online

@gxrevolution: She kissed him because she was frustrated with Scott, he basically told her that that's the reason she did it and that she should work on her marriage.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immolation said:

So what became of this? Did they confess to each other and decided not persure a relationship or was it left unadressed?

Logan did confess his love to her before Fatal Attractions happened. It was in his solo shortly after Mariko died, which happened shortly before Fatal Attractions. He said a line that went somthing like, "I have watched everyone I love die, including you." Nothing really came of it, though.

We found out she loved him through the narration as Logan was getting the adamantium ripped from his bones. In this narration it said she had loved him since she first saw him. I honestly don't remember if she told him she loved him afterwords or not, but I don't think she did. He left the X-Men the issue after Fatal Attractions. He didn't tell anyone he was leaving, he just left a note for Jubilee.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
    StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I saw picture of Logan and Scott in bed. Is there context behind that or were they having sex with eachother?

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: the hell?! Are Scott and Wolverine gay in canon?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akshsarpanch: Yes. They weren't identifiably gay in the early years because of the CCA, but the subtext was always there.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koays  Online

@sprior93: LMFAO....WTF Sprior..can't give you even a little...

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
    StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I can't help it if my head canon is better than the real thing.

It's my mission to corrupt the minds of X-Men newbies. They won't know a bamf from a fastball special.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Koays  Online

@sprior93 said:@koays: I can't help it if my head canon is better than the real thing.

It's my mission to corrupt the minds of X-Men newbies. They won't know a bamf from a fastball special.

Lmao, not gonna lie It is fun to just fill their minds with blatant lies and confusion.

No Caption Provided

Someone asked me who the bamfs mother was...I said it was her....can't even say I was bored because it took a lot less effort to pick an image then to tell the truth

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: Legit. It's from Jason Aaron's 'Schism' crossover(2011).

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@gxrevolution: Legit. It's from Jason Aaron's 'Schism' crossover(2011).

I am going to assume that there is coxtext behind that. I can't make out the diologue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: Their relationship starts to fall apart -- conflicting ideologies, lies, betrayals etc. The scan is basically them 'breaking up'.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Koays  Online

@gxrevolution: lmfao.....its not real, it's a play on the event Called "Schism" where the X-Men split up into to factions mostly do to a difference in Cyclops and Wolverines beliefs on what the team should be....Their not really gay except in Sprior (and possibly Brian Michaels Bendis') warped mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Koays  Online

@sprior93: Lol Sorry Sprior you've had your fun... They'll be plenty of other opportunities to warp the minds of the uninformed.

sagiravi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sagiravi
    @gxrevolution said:
    @immolation said:

Logan did confess his love to her before Fatal Attractions happened. It was in his solo shortly after Mariko died, which happened shortly before Fatal Attractions. He said a line that went somthing like, "I have watched everyone I love die, including you." Nothing really came of it, though.

We found out she loved him through the narration as Logan was getting the adamantium ripped from his bones. In this narration it said she had loved him since she first saw him. I honestly don't remember if she told him she loved him afterwords or not, but I don't think she did. He left the X-Men the issue after Fatal Attractions. He didn't tell anyone he was leaving, he just left a note for Jubilee.

It can pretty much be ignored as it reads more like writer's bias more than anything else (first it was Claremont, and Necieza in this case), that part of narration could also easily be interpreted as just Jean having a genuine care for Logan (besides the attraction). Otherwise it makes no sense at all and reads like fanfiction, after everything Scott and Jean went through together in the original X-Factor, Jean and Logan also had barely any interaction throughout this era and she was deeply in love with Scott at the time.

@gxrevolution It's basically what @koays said, and the few moments between Jean and Logan over the years were mostly written by Claremont due to his huge ego and bias against Cyclops for leaving his wife and kid, it was a retcon he started in the late 80's with Classic X-Men and ever since it occasionally popped up here and there by few other biased writers and then forgotten for a long while until Grant Morrison came and added more baggage to these characters. I really want to believe that there may be a chance for young Scott and young Jean to re-explore their relationship (basically reboot their relationship) without anymore baggage and triangles, and i hope this whole father/daughter thing between OMLogan and Young Jean possibly lead into completely dropping the romantic connection between them forever in the future.

Avatar image for jeanandscottlove
    jeanandscottlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagiravi: What were exactally these moments ? were it mutual moments ? or only wolverine having a love to jean but jean don't giving any chance to him and don't showning romance love to him ?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@sprior93: Lol I like the sounds of that more than the real cannon.

sagiravi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanandscottlove:The one or two kissing or almost kissing moments (instigated by Logan) during the late 80's crossovers Inferno and X-Tinction agenda, there was one moment were Logan force kissed her after seeing her alive and another where Logan was almost dying so she felt sorry for him and kisses his forehead to make him feel better but then he suddenly pulls and kisses her but then Jean pulls back immediately (which makes it clear that she is still madly in love with Scott) Jean being attracted to Logan was a later retcon Claremont wrote in Classic X-Men series which he wrote during the late 80's which was a collection of shoehorned origin tales/backup stories when members like Storm, Wolverine newly joined the team, this series was written after Jean was resurrected for the X-Factor series which had Scott leave his wife (Madelyne) and kid which pissed off Claremont so much that he started hating on Cyclops ever since that incident, so he has been trying ever since to sabotage the Scott/Jean relationship by having Jean attracted to Logan in Classic X-Men #1 it made no sense as before that (ie.,70's-early 80's before her Phoenix death it was completely one sided from Logan's side and Jean never felt anything for him), but luckily it went nowhere thanks to the Marvel editors rejecting his ideas and fired him after X-Men #3 during the 90's, until Morrison came and ruined the Scott/Jean relationship, but at least he made it a bit more believable.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagiravi said:

@jeanandscottlove:The one or two kissing or almost kissing moments (instigated by Logan) during the late 80's crossovers Inferno and X-Tinction agenda, there was one moment were Logan force kissed her after seeing her alive and another where Logan was almost dying so she felt sorry for him and kisses his forehead to make him feel better but then he suddenly pulls and kisses her but then Jean pulls back immediately (which makes it clear that she is still madly in love with Scott) Jean being attracted to Logan was a later retcon Claremont wrote in Classic X-Men series which he wrote during the late 80's which was a collection of shoehorned origin tales/backup stories when members like Storm, Wolverine newly joined the team, this series was written after Jean was resurrected for the X-Factor series which had Scott leave his wife (Madelyne) and kid which pissed off Claremont so much that he started hating on Cyclops ever since that incident, so he has been trying ever since to sabotage the Scott/Jean relationship by having Jean attracted to Logan in Classic X-Men #1 it made no sense as before that (ie.,70's-early 80's before her Phoenix death it was completely one sided from Logan's side and Jean never felt anything for him), but luckily it went nowhere thanks to the Marvel editors rejecting his ideas and fired him after X-Men #3 during the 90's, until Morrison came and ruined the Scott/Jean relationship, but at least he made it a bit more believable.

Also, Jean kisses Logan in Morrison's New X-men but Logan rejects her advances, saying that it would never work.

Cylcoverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cylcoverine

Here's the run down!

In the 90's, I was HUGE Wolvie fanboy. I mean HUGE! I used to call everyone bub, I had my hair split to horns like Wolvie's, I had more primarily yellow colored shirt than anythng else, just about ALL my shoes from the age of 11 - 17 were primarily blue, and whenever someone pisses me off, I made a fist at them and actually sounded out "Skrrtt!" I don't know how the women were able to resist me (note, none of thiis is me being sarcastic...sadly enough). Why does that matter? Because back then, I HATED Cyclops and, since Wolvie was banging every chick that moved in comic even back then, I wanted Jean and Wolvie to hook up. In my depraved Fanboyish ways, it was may way of feeling validated somehow or another. Anyway, as I grew older and Wolverine stopped being the Wolverine I grew up with and started to become Beast-Lite, then in the 2000's became Cyclops-Lite, my fanboyism melted away. Case in point, Fanboys want Wolvie to hook up with Jean because they don't like Cyclops! Which, unfortunately, has ruined 99.9% of X-Men comics because the dynamic of those three always come to the forefront - and it's BORING!

And, just some of the previous posts, I do believe that Scott and Logan have a thing for each other. I think Scott is too insecure to admit it and I think Logan, being raised during a time where homosexuality was considered a madness and a sin, probably has created some mental walls around those emotions. Logan has been overcompensating for his latent homosexuality by sleeping with a as many women as he can, hoping the next one will turn him straight.

sagiravi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution:

@sagiravi said:

Also, Jean kisses Logan in Morrison's New X-men but Logan rejects her advances, saying that it would never work.

Yeah but she was kind of in a weak emotional state at the time, Scott was pushing her away for a long time (due to apocalypse possession) without talking his problems with her, so she felt lonely and was desperately in need of someone to talk to so she went to Logan to discuss her problems with Scott but then in a moment of weakness she kissed him, Logan rejected her because he knew she would have regretted it later as she wouldn't have really wanted that. I would say Scott's case was similar the only difference is Emma took advantage of his weak emotional state, so they ended up in an affair.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagiravi: Jean still pushed Cyclops to move on and be with Emma after her death

Avatar image for jeanandscottlove
    jeanandscottlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: And what does this means to their relationship ?

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cylcoverine: Gambit and Cannonball have a thing for each other too. And so do Hank and Sabretooth.

Did you see the way that Jubilee used to always stare at Rouges butt?

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PhoenixEgg

Basically Scott and Jean were together because he was the head boy and she was the girl. Then their kids kept coming from the future or from alternate realities to confirm that they were destined. Eventually Jean Grey dies and Scott realizes their love was kinda childish and that he actually prefers women who are a bit more obvious about their sexuality, so he gets with Emma Frost officially (they had mind-sex while Jean was still around). Along the path of all this stuff happening over the years, Wolverine and Jean have several intense, memorable moments that show them to be potentially great together. They never actually try anything though because Jean is spoken for up until the point that she is killed off for cheap woman-in-a-refrigerator and midlife crisis/sexual rediscovery stories for Cyclops.

Later on, a teenaged Jean time travels to the present day and is THIS close to getting Cyclops to sleep with her when he comes for a late-night visit to her bedroom in his not-so-secret compound, but Cyclops notices that Kitty Pryde has her eyes on them.

With Jean being a teen, and Wolverine being killed off and replaced by an older version (It's pottery!), the Jean/Logan thing is done and Jean Grey will hook up with the teenaged version of Scott during the next X-Men Event, which Marvel is calling Death of X.

Coincidentally, CBR just compiled most of the best Jean/Logan moments. There are one or two missing but the list is pretty legit:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2016/06/11/top-five-wolverinejean-grey-moments/

The only thing Jean and Logan are missing as a couple is an awful story where they raise a baby or their baby-of-destiny comes from the future. (But isn't that really a good thing?)

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 del_torro  Online

^ half of what you said on Scott and jean is off...

Scott and jean didn't get together because he was the head and she was the boy. it was actually angel that made advances, they didn't even get together until Claremont came on board.

- no alternate dimension kid appeared before they got together. Rachel, came after the dark Phoenix saga where jean had died to serve as a legacy not to prove that Scott and jean were eternal and destined (Claremont didn't even plan on making Scott her dad). cable is actually from the main universe, and madelynes son, not jeans. Nate grey is an alternate reality clone of cable made from Scott and jeans DNA in the 90s, not sure how that proves they were destined.

- their love was anything but childish. these two were attracted to each other as teenagers, fell in in love as young adults, raised a child for 10 years, survived through all kinds of shit together, it took Apocalypse ****ing Scott up to ruin them. we know that the dark queen in DPS was jeans dirty dark thoughts brought out, if Scott had just told her he wanted kinkier they would have sorted it out, Logan already told Scott in new xmen that jean had been waiting for him to loosen up and stop being repressed. instead of Scott liking women being open sexually, why couldn't he be?

-wolverine and jean are not compatible, they just had intense moments. Logan is the kind of guy that sleeps with anything, he's the bad boy she was attracted to, doesn't mean there was anything real there. he was just her friend.

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sagiravi: So every writer that tried to put Jean and Logan together is just bias? Lol. Wolverine was the most popular man and Jean was the most popular woman. It makes since for any writer to want to put them together based on that alone, like we have seen in Teen Titans comics and Justice League cartoon. The only reason that we don't see it as often in Justice League and Avengers comics is because most of the charecters in those teams have solo series where they have their own established relationships, which is a important part to their stories.

I don't care about Logan and Jean. I don't think either of them suits each other at all, but after so many years it makes since for someone to want to change up a relationship. Logan was a obvious choice since he was extremely popular and he had been in love with her since long before any writer had a reason to be bias.

Hugo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: came across the forum....with the new status quo...i think logan and Jean will finally give in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.