Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

bendis hints that the o5 are from 616

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

or are not???? hmmmmmm.......

but time and place can really make the difference in how a relationship develops and they are in a different time and place.

or are they?

from bendis tumblr

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish they would just go home already.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

:ppppp

nope they sell big for the x-men franchise

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

X-Men used to sell 100,000 plus copies a month on two different books. Since Bendis took over the sells have dropped to 70,000.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthdeadpool

Bendis licks taint

Except guardians of the galaxy. I liked that a lot

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

X-Men used to sell 100,000 plus copies a month on two different books. Since Bendis took over the sells have dropped to 70,000.

hmmm i guess thats why marvel got him out of the x-men books the fans stop buying x-men .....fan power

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I thought the O5 were a really cool idea but nothing I have seen was really blowing my socks off other than what I have seen from Cyclops. I haven't read the issues, just seen highlights. So I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always felt like he wanted to write Jean without actually having to go through the laborious process of bringing Jean back, so he came up with a potentially more convoluted plot device to do it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adamTRMM

@invain said:

To be fair, it wasn't the case quite a time even before Bendis. But if anyone had the franchise streamlined and hype enough to make it happen again, it certainly was him. And we know he didn't.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Invain

@adamtrmm: Your right. Under bendis they went from 70,000 to 50,000

Check out Chomichorn.com for sales info. Tried to copy and paste it in but it wouldn't let me. I'm currently on mobile.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F Bendis, I don't want to hear/care what he says about the X-men/Mutants. The only problem is Lemire/Bunn has to spend the next year or two cleaning up his MANY messes before they can get to what they really want to do.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

Same. And I'm a big fan of the original lineup.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man. But I've hated a lot of his X-MEN. He made 05 Jean less likable than Dark Phoenix Jean and he retconned (yes I consider it a retcon) Iceman's sexuality.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

At best this idea could have been an arc or two or maybe even an event. Maybe its what the whole BOTA should have been about and not all the future vs current vs past current affecting future current bs that it was. The whole concept relies on time-travel which has been done to death especially by Bendis and he just makes up his own rules for it. And it had a weak premise... As Ive said before if Beast had a time machine why not recognize that M-day is what led up to everything so go back and stop it, or bring Professor X back, save him from the moment Phoenix Scott killed and bring him to the present, but no Beast decides to bring more kids to tell Scott hes gone too far??? Come on people how can that just be ignored? If there was a draw to writing the O5 then Bendis could have done so with them being back in their own timeline and do the stories there. Now the idea is just dragging and dragging on.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis has... very specific tastes. (c)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

At best this idea could have been an arc or two or maybe even an event. Maybe its what the whole BOTA should have been about and not all the future vs current vs past current affecting future current bs that it was. The whole concept relies on time-travel which has been done to death especially by Bendis and he just makes up his own rules for it. And it had a weak premise... As Ive said before if Beast had a time machine why not recognize that M-day is what led up to everything so go back and stop it, or bring Professor X back, save him from the moment Phoenix Scott killed and bring him to the present, but no Beast decides to bring more kids to tell Scott hes gone too far??? Come on people how can that just be ignored? If there was a draw to writing the O5 then Bendis could have done so with them being back in their own timeline and do the stories there. Now the idea is just dragging and dragging on.

true it would have been easier but then thats not x-men x-men is compleX

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hopesummersforthefuture: Nah. People need to admit it was just a bad concept. It wasn't well thought out. But you can't get people to see that as long as the sjw's got a certain orientation represented and the Jean Grey fans will just take anything with Jean in it regardless if she's even recognizable or not.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19  Edited By McKlayn

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Nah. People need to admit it was just a bad concept. It wasn't well thought out. But you can't get people to see that as long as the sjw's got a certain orientation represented and the Jean Grey fans will just take anything with Jean in it regardless if she's even recognizable or not.

I dont think it was the worst Idea ever, but i think it was like hawk said earlier an arc or two and they should be gone back. To the question it is a FACT that they are from 616 did he change words in there entrance and totally change how space and time in the MU work to make this happen, yup but thats bendis, The writers have establish when the teen scott was dying and the other started to vanish among other things that Some how despite everything else we know, despite he modernized the words from the scene he stole them from, they are the 616 versions. They shouldnt be, but some how they are, also they have to go back to finish everything they do to get them to the point they are now but they havent and dont seem to be but yet some how they are still 616 again makes no sense and shouldnt work but this is the dish we are being served and we should just accept it. That on top of everything else makes it horrible, and sorry Teen Jean is a terrible character she is very pushy and annoying and her presence doesn't redeem t his terrible concept. I pray Lemire and Hopeless (if they arent allowed to send them back) at least make the characters interesting again. I feel sorry for all them having to work with what bendis left them, but even more sorry for us for having to live through it lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not from 616 though. There is plenty of things that contradict they are from the "prime" timeline.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @hawk2916 said:

I dont think it was the worst Idea ever, but i think it was like hawk said earlier an arc or two and they should be gone back. To the question it is a FACT that they are from 616 did he change words in there entrance and totally change how space and time in the MU work to make this happen, yup but thats bendis, The writers have establish when the teen scott was dying and the other started to vanish among other things that Some how despite everything else we know, despite he modernized the words from the scene he stole them from, they are the 616 versions. They shouldnt be, but some how they are, also they have to go back to finish everything they do to get them to the point they are now but they havent and dont seem to be but yet some how they are still 616 again makes no sense and shouldnt work but this is the dish we are being served and we should just accept it. That on top of everything else makes it horrible, and sorry Teen Jean is a terrible character she is very pushy and annoying and her presence doesn't redeem t his terrible concept. I pray Lemire and Hopeless (if they arent allowed to send them back) at least make the characters interesting again. I feel sorry for all them having to work with what bendis left them, but even more sorry for us for having to live through it lol

true i hope the new writer makes them interesting again. i stopped getting all-new x-men cause there is no jean in it, which kinda sucks cause i have all the comics to the first all-new

kinda weird seeing jean in a new team

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@mcklayn said:
    @hawk2916 said:

true i hope the new writer makes them interesting again. i stopped getting all-new x-men cause there is no jean in it, which kinda sucks cause i have all the comics to the first all-new

kinda weird seeing jean in a new team

It just seemed if this was a real relaunch like Marvel said it was (which it isnt) they could scrap all that old stuff and just have one jean, one scott ect, and rewrite the history as they think would work. I could take that more then this whole crappy Teen 05 crap

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.