Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Are you looking forward to the changes in the X-Men comics

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

With the changes coming to X-Men comics, I'm curious to know. Are you looking forward to them? Pick one of the following options that relates to your feelings about the changes in the X-Men comics. 

A)  Yes, you are looking forward to the changes, your glad Jean Grey coming back, you’re looking forward to changes in the X-Men line-up and you’re looking forward to changes in the leadership of the X-Men and you don't mind the Avengers being more  involved  with the X-Men. 

B) No, you’re not looking to the changes; you want  the X-Men comics just to focus on Emma, Scott and Wolverine. You don't want Jean Grey back and you don't want more X-Men members becoming Avengers. You’re annoyed, that a lot of the x-titles are getting to cancel and your piss that the New X-Men title is replacing them.  

C)  Your not sure yet. You don't know what think yet? The leadership of the X-Men is changing. You’re not sure what the X-Men are going to do with 2 Iceman’s, 2 Beast's and 2 Angels. You’re not sure how you feel about the Avengers becoming more involved with    X-Men. 

I am very interested to hear what you think about these changes. I would be grateful if you could pick option and explain why you pick that option.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Twentyfive

C.

The only thing I know is that I'm looking forward to the book with Wolvie, Storm and Beast. They are my three favorite Mutants, and putting them in one book is Marvel's way of saying "25, this book is for you." It's going to be awesome.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tomchu

Mixture of A, B and C.

Looking Forward To: X-Men line-up + leadership is changing, the X-Men has been a little stagnant IMO, and Regenesis didnt play out as brilliantly as I expected. X-Men: Legacy, Legion has always been an interesting character to me, and I want to see how the new team is going to take on its debut story.

Annoyed: X-Men becoming Avengers, I mean, Beast was an Avenger even before I was born, and Wolverine has never really been fully on the X-Men side. I couldn't understand why Storm became one, let alone why Rogue and Havok and becoming one. They are cancelling New Mutants, instead of introducing the lesser famous, but deserving mutants like Surge, Dust, Hellion, Chamber. And plus, I'm a sucker for the New Mutants.

Not Sure: Jean Grey coming back, I'm not a big fan of the character, hell, I'm kinda indifferent about her. Unsure whether Bendis writing All New X-Men is a good or bad decision, I mean, I'm not a die-hard fan of the original 5, and seeing them time travel to now kinda messes up the X-timeline in my head, so I decided to delay my verdict till the book actually comes out.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

D.) Dropping Marvel entirely because of the changes.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Other.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Osian2

C: Uncanny Avengers makes me skeptical, if this is supposed to be the premier team of the marvel universe then it's pretty likely that more of the most popular x-men will be joining. Will the x-men die out?

Legacy focusing on Legion doesn't really appeal to me (i'm not a fan of solo series)

WatX isn't serious enough for my tastes and now it seems that Storm will be joining. What does this mean for Brian Woods X-men?

All New X-men i'll pick up the first few issues. The initial drama will be interesting but I don't know what stories they can tell after that. Also it looks like the main cast of WatX will be sharing this series which annoys me.

I liked the way Uncanny X-men was being handled before AVX and I wish it was being continued. I want to know what will happen to Cyclops, Colossus, Magik, Namor, Magneto, Danger and Emma. It doesn't look like there will be a place for them after AVX.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Veitha

B.... I hate Jean Grey

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

C: Uncanny Avengers makes me skeptical, if this is supposed to be the premier team of the marvel universe then it's pretty likely that more of the most popular x-men will be joining. Will the x-men die out?

Legacy focusing on Legion doesn't really appeal to me (i'm not a fan of solo series)

WatX isn't serious enough for my tastes and now it seems that Storm will be joining. What does this mean for Brian Woods X-men?

All New X-men i'll pick up the first few issues. The initial drama will be interesting but I don't know what stories they can tell after that. Also it looks like the main cast of WatX will be sharing this series which annoys me.

I liked the way Uncanny X-men was being handled before AVX and I wish it was being continued. I want to know what will happen to Cyclops, Colossus, Magik, Namor, Magneto, Danger and Emma. It doesn't look like there will be a place for them after AVX.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttthhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttthhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg.

Is that a fact (not trying to be sarcastic just wondering if you know for definite). The only reason I'm wondering is because there hasn't been any sight of Colossus post AVX and if Pixie is now at the school will she still be on the team? Also Storm will be in WatX and All New X-men. It makes me think that the roster might change significantly.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

Is that a fact (not trying to be sarcastic just wondering if you know for definite). The only reason I'm wondering is because there hasn't been any sight of Colossus post AVX and if Pixie is now at the school will she still be on the team? Also Storm will be in WatX and All New X-men. It makes me think that the roster might change significantly.

=/ Wishful thinking.

Wood said nothing AvX affects his story, though, if it's an editorial demand that a character has to leave, that'll probably happen. Solicits up to #38 have been released with the phrase "Jumping on point!" next to them. I don't see any good reason for them not to be there, Pixie, during AvX was at AA for the most part, yet, she was still featuring in this title, Storm was off in Wakanda and Lord knows where, yet, she is still featuring in this title. Hopefully the characters are still around even after this mess because this is one of the best X-Titles out.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane: I always took what Brian Wood said about AVX not having an effect only related to the current story arc meaning no tie-ins. I don't see Colossus remaining a member at least for a short time while he deals with his actions as the phoenix. If Pixie is now a student at JGS does that mean she will still go on missions? Seeing as the point of the school is to keep the students out of the fighting.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane: I always took what Brian Wood said about AVX not having an effect only related to the current story arc meaning no tie-ins. I don't see Colossus remaining a member at least for a short time while he deals with his actions as the phoenix. If Pixie is now a student at JGS does that mean she will still go on missions? Seeing as the point of the school is to keep the students out of the fighting.

Hmm. True. Pixie was never truly aligned to the whole "kids don't fight thing" which is why she stayed on Utopia, that, and the fact that Hope also begged her to, the Recruits are only at TJGS as refugees. If she wanted to go on missions, i don't see why that would be a problem, especially if her team leader is now part of faculty.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osian2

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

Hmm. True. Pixie was never truly aligned to the whole "kids don't fight thing" which is why she stayed on Utopia, that, and the fact that Hope also begged her to, the Recruits are only at TJGS as refugees. If she wanted to go on missions, i don't see why that would be a problem, especially if her team leader is now part of faculty.

I hope she does still go on missions, she's one of my favourite x-men (mainly because she's welsh). The younger x-men need more attention especially characters like Surge, Dust and Rockslide but at the school whenever a situation arises they're kept out of it and those on Utopia were never featured either.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Osian2 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Osian2 said:

I hope she does still go on missions, she's one of my favourite x-men (mainly because she's welsh). The younger x-men need more attention especially characters like Surge, Dust and Rockslide but at the school whenever a situation arises they're kept out of it and those on Utopia were never featured either.

Yeah, Gischler and Wood have made me like the character a lot, seeing as how i thought she was an annoying b*tch when Fraction had her. And you're right, it'd be nice if all the adult X-Men books had at least one Young X-Man featuring like Pixie is in X-Men Vol.3, she's like, the star of that title right now.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm going to be a stick in the mud and say B. C seems to focus entirely on Wolverine as he's in the main cast of every book. Screw that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Mix of A and B

I don't mind Jean coming back, I don't mind focus on Emma and Cyclops as they are my favorite characters and I don't mind All New X-Men and I wonder how the 05 deal with their counterparts.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Osian2

@Rickbarry said:

I'm going to be a stick in the mud and say B. C seems to focus entirely on Wolverine as he's in the main cast of every book. Screw that.

Huh I never actually realised that but now that you mention it he IS in every major series. Even more so than Spider-man.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

@Osian2: My brain is highly advanced. I ALWAYS found Waldo, bro.

@god_spawn: Triple H! That guys' left arm is made out of glass. Some dude is always shattering it.

magichoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By magichoe

@time:

NO I'M A TAD DISSAPOINTED IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE.FEELING AS IF THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW DC IN THE NIGHTMARE THEY.VE UNLEASEHED ON US.UNCANNY AVENGERS.GAWD HELP US.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I'm going with C. I want to see how this all plays out and if the titles are worse than before, then I won't pick up anymore after this.  I still hope Colossus is around after AVX since they haven't really said anything about him, but he might pop up later on or something.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By x_29

@TheCrowbar said:

At least probably for the 616 universe for me.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22  Edited By x_29

BBBBBBBBBBBBB

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By One_Eye

@TheCrowbar said:

Yeah, I'm giving Marvel a break for an undisclosed amount of time myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.