Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Are they still villains???

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So characters like Mystique, Magneto, and Sabertooth have all been portrayed as heroes in the movies at one point or another-- Now they are going to be apart of the main Uncanny X-men line-up.

My question is-- Do we even consider these 3 villains anymore? ...Or are they losing their menacing qualities to all the X-men team-ups?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@poisonfleur: Well, we know that Sabretooth is still inverted from the AXIS event, so he's 'good' for the time being. Magneto will most likely be an unhinged anti-hero, and Mystique is undoubtedly still a backstabbing harpy.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto. No I don't consider him a villain. Sabortooth and Mystique will both most likely become bad guys again.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto not really a villian in my eyes, he is just doing what he feels is right for his kind.

Sabertooth i still think is inverted so he should be a good guy. Most likely he will be an anti-hero witht the species war looming between Mutants and Inhumans and Mutant hate at an all time high again.

Mystique will always be a self intrested character, but most likely she will be a villian.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Chapmar

Can we still have heroes and villains when most of the mutant race is gone?

My problem with this type of story telling is that it limits the conflicts to almost family squabbling. Who could it be doing this? Oh never mind it's Mr. Sinister yet again.

Amazing how even something like this (Terrigen mists - the worse story choice I think I have ever heard) doesn't push the whole mutant race to join together. How much, as readers, can we be expected to go along with? At this point even characters like Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse must seem appealing to ALL of the mutant characters.

Cyclops was heroic because in spite of everything he didn't go full on brooding dark villain, he stayed on the side of the angels even though his methods seemed otherwise. But how any one of those mutant kids wants to stay in a school in Limbo, and doesn't go "you know what, screw this. That Apocalypse guy, or Mr. Sinister is right" is beyond me. And how magneto doesn't go full on bad guy again is also something that needs a whole lot of explaining.

That arc in Axis where the mutants rally on Genysis' side (as Apocalypse) is actually how things would go down now. Not this most hated mutant in the world for standing up bull. I was always a little angry at the Jean Grey staff for essentially sitting out mutant extinction in the past, but I could swallow it because I had Cyclops' Uncanny X-men to follow, but now with this extraordinary team still sitting on the sidelines AND the O5 just ignoring the problem, it's actually too much.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I forgot Sabertooth was still inverted from Axis. That makes things a bit more interesting!

I'm hoping Mystique isn't going to take the Jenifer Lawrence route in the comics...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: @sprior93:i wonder if uncanny will explain why raven turned good. maybe she just following sabretooth or maybe they will implant another chip in her if she does something bad she blows up???????

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sprior93 said:

Well, we know that Sabretooth is still inverted from the AXIS event, so he's 'good' for the time being. Magneto will most likely be an unhinged anti-hero, and Mystique is undoubtedly still a backstabbing harpy.

I agree with this.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Shadow of a Doubt: Monsters Tenure

Those of us who appreciate how X-Men (Marvel Comics) stories make us ruminate on the oddities of real world mutations/deformities that ironically afford individuals with special power --- i.e., Abraham Lincoln's giantism --- will always keep a place in our critical hearts for vicious characters such as Sabretooth.

You can't do away with the natural giftedness of villainy, and at least Sabretooth reminds us in some form or another of terror.

By the way, what do X-fans think of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.