Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

APOCALYPSE WARS -- X-Men Crossover 2016

• 73 results
    Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whatever happened to Evan, the kid clone of Apocalypse? It wouldn't make any sense to do this event without him. I want to see him face Apocalypse and spit in his face.

He is part of All-New X-Men so don't worry he is around and I totally agree with you. A face off between both has been coming for a long time and I hope it does happen.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By EarthsMightiest

This is for sure Apocalypses day!

No Caption Provided

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By EarthsMightiest
    No Caption Provided

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hopeless-bagleys-all-new-x-men-join-apocalypse-wars

In the recent relaunch of "All-New X-Men,"Dennis Hopeless and Mark Bagley continue to expand the adventures of the original five X-Men -- Scott Summers, Jean Grey, Hank McCoy, Bobby Drake and Warren Worthington III -- as they navigate the future they're stuck in. However, this time around they're joined by a few of more recent characters, including Evan, a clone of Apocalypse.

Hopeless spoke to Newsarama about how his title will tie into "Apocalypse Wars," an X-Men crossover event announced earlier today. He teased how, starting in issue #8, the series will explore Genesis' origins and the baggage it includes.

"This event came together so organically that it doesn’t really feel like I’m tying into a crossover," he explained. "More like… Oh, it's time to tell our big Apocalypse story. When Jeff Lemire, Cullen Bunn and I were cooking up our respective X-Men stories, each of us had the germ of big weird Apocalypse we wanted to tell. Mine centered on Evan and how he chooses to deal with his supposed destiny. Jeff’s had something to do with hot and spicy pickles, and I think Cullen wants to create evil anthropomorphized horses. We decided to dovetail those stories together and line up our schedules a bit."

"Our book is all about these heroic, optimistic teenagers with big scary destinies the world expects them to fulfill. Evan is probably the most optimistic and his destiny is absolutely the scariest. This kid is supposed to take over the world as 'roid rage Hitler. Somehow he almost never lets it get him down. In 'Apocalypse Wars,' we're going to make Evan deal with that destiny much more directly and see if he can maintain that optimism," he added.

He also teased what's ahead for his characters, saying, "Two of our team members in particular come out of this very much changed. There will be several interesting twists in the road coming up for our road trippers... 'Apocalypse Wars' is very much an Evan story with one or two of the other characters playing major supporting roles."

and http://www.newsarama.com/27145-kid-apocalypse-pulls-all-new-x-men-into-apocalypse-wars.html

Newsarama spoke with Hopeless to find out more about this arc and how it relates to this younger group of mutants in All-New X-Men.

Newsarama: Dennis, how will All-New X-Men tie into "Apocalypse Wars," especially given you have Genesis onboard the X-Van?

Dennis Hopeless: This event came together so organically that it doesn’t really feel like I’m tying into a crossover. More like… Oh, it’s time to tell our big Apocalypse story. When Jeff Lemire, Cullen Bunn and I were cooking up our respective X-Men stories, each of us had the germ of big weird Apocalypse we wanted to tell. Mine centered on Evan and how he chooses to deal with his supposed destiny. Jeff’s had something to do with hot and spicy pickles, and I think Cullen wants to create evil anthropomorphized horses. We decided to dovetail those stories together and line up our schedules a bit.

Nrama: You've had Genesis as a part of the team well before "Apocalypse Wars" was announced, but how does this event allow you to delve deeper into his character?’

Hopeless: Our book is all about these heroic, optimistic teenagers with big scary destinies the world expects them to fulfill. Evan is probably the most optimistic and his destiny is absolutely the scariest. This kid is supposed to take over the world as ‘roid rage Hitler. Somehow he almost never lets it get him down. In “Apocalypse Wars” we’re going to make Evan deal with that destiny much more directly and see if he can maintain that optimism.

Nrama: Evan is relatively new to world compared to Apocalypse and Archangel, but he has a very interesting origin inside Uncanny X-Force. What interests you most about him, for use in this storyline but also generally?

Hopeless: Evan is an amazing friend who cares so much about his teammates. He’s compassionate and kind in a way that stands out even amongst super heroes. And like I said, all of that in the face of crazy impending evil growing inside him. Is he a walking, talking argument for nature over nurture? Or is some of that kindness and naiveté a put on that helps him avoid the dark reality of his existence? And does it really matter why someone is a good person? Evan interests me a lot so it’s tough to narrow down, but those are the questions we’ll be tackling in the crossover.

Nrama: Previous crossover events like "Battle of the Atom" and "The Black Vortex" left major marks on the All-New X-Men team. Can the same be said for this one?

Hopeless: Yes indeed. Two of our team members in particular come out of this very much changed. There will be several interesting twists in the road coming up for our road trippers.

Nrama: Let's not leave those other team members out -- how will the original five, along with Oya and Wolverine be factored into "Apocalypse Wars"?

Hopeless: That’s tough to answer without spoiling anything. The whole team will be involved in the story but some much more directly than others. We’ll be moving the spotlight around a lot in the series and giving different characters their chance to star. “Apocalypse Wars” is very much an Evan story with one or two of the other characters playing major supporting roles.

Nrama: Dennis. for good or for bad you have a track record of teen heroes dying -- or seem to die -- in your stories in the past with Avengers Arena. Should fans worry here?

Hopeless: [Laughs] For good! Definitely for good. As much online grumping as Avengers Arena got us, I’m still crazy proud of that story. If that means readers will always assume I’m going to slaughter every beloved character for the rest of my career… So be it I guess.

That said, I don’t think the fact that I wrote Avengers Arena is the reason people should worry about the All-New X-Men. They’re young mutants who live in a world that hates and fears them, there’s a crazy Inhuman death cloud floating around killing and sterilizing mutants (while they more or less choose to ignore it), and they star in an X-Men comic book.

Nrama: Will Mark Bagley be continuing on the series in these issues?

Hopeless: Yes. Mark Bagley is our series artist and a badass. Mark can draw pages almost as fast as I can write them. So you can pretty much assume Mark will be drawing every issue of All-New X-Men for the foreseeable. Which is such a great thing to be able to say. Mark’s art gives everything this classic super hero feel while nailing the expression and emotion of the quiet moment. But of course he does. He’s Mark Bagley

“Apocalypse Wars” will be no exception. This story is going to be as emotionally intense as it is weird. Mark does both so well. I can’t wait to see what he gives us.

Nrama: Lastly, how many issues is this taking place in All-New X-Men, and which ones?

Hopeless: The earliest seeds of the story start in #8 but the story starts in #9. I think it’s three issues of All-New X-Men but we’re not done writing it yet so please don’t hold me to that.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest said:

This is a story that will really shake things up for this team -- and I wouldn't say they will be gelling all that well to begin with. The Uncanny X-Men will not be the same going into this story as they are coming out of it. We'll be looking at a major shift in the team dynamic, and some significant changes for two of the characters.

I'm tired of hearing this, mainly because the teams were just formed, so a big shakeup isn't really going to do anything. Not trashing on the potential storyline(s), though. I just think too many creative teams seem to worry about shaking things up, when things haven't settled down, yet.

I wholeheartedly agree. Seems like there's a new lineup every few months...they need to give the teams a chance before characters get divvied out because of a new creative team.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really hope Evan doesn't go full evil Apocalypse. Also glad to see that Psylocke and Fantomex won't be getting along very well.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: i think it maybe the return of cyclops as one of apocalypse horseman...........i dont think they will use archangel again cause hes just angel now

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering about the return of Archangel.....the story Bunn plans to tell about how he's back. I've thought about something with the Apoc Twins and/or with Gabriel and whoever was left over from the Choir(from K&Y run on Xforce). Also thought about how Psylocke has a piece of Warren's soul or essence or whatever back when he saved her, I think with the crimson dawn stuff. Or maybe its as simple as another death seed or something or that the Archangel persona was just dormant and never really died. Either way I'm hoping for a really tight and concise story that explains this well

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: good points.....i forgot about the twins....i want them to met there dad lol

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By phantomjolt

I have a feeling Apocalyse is going to job

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone please tell me if The All-New All-Different X-Men titles and New Wolverine (2015) take place on Earth-616?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@omanlew: Yes, they're part of the main continuity. I don't think it's called "616" anymore, considering what happened in Secret Wars.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omanlew: well Bendis says they are, but @oldnightcrawler has a very solid proof for them being from an alternate universe

Omanlew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: I think the All-New X-Men are from a different universe but I think Extraordinary and Uncanny are 616.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@dman1366 said:

@omanlew: well Bendis says they are, but @oldnightcrawler has a very solid proof for them being from an alternate universe

rock-solid

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the interlocking cover for the event

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

A crossover in issue 6... that's gotta be a record

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Galerion
    @omanlew said:

Can someone please tell me if The All-New All-Different X-Men titles and New Wolverine (2015) take place on Earth-616?

Of course they do.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Marvel television and Fox working together on the two X-men tv series?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I'm wondering about the return of Archangel.....the story Bunn plans to tell about how he's back. I've thought about something with the Apoc Twins and/or with Gabriel and whoever was left over from the Choir(from K&Y run on Xforce). Also thought about how Psylocke has a piece of Warren's soul or essence or whatever back when he saved her, I think with the crimson dawn stuff. Or maybe its as simple as another death seed or something or that the Archangel persona was just dormant and never really died. Either way I'm hoping for a really tight and concise story that explains this well

I think Archangel slaughtered them all. One of my favorite arcs ever btw.

It's good to see somebody finally brings up the Twins, I thought more people would do, but it's not the case I see. They ARE Warren's (or will he abdicate them since they're Death's technically) children in the end, and since Bunn likes Remender's stuff so much let's hope he'll concentrate at least on the one I actually like lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: I know he got most of them but I think Gabriel is still alive and at least 2 others. But then again maybe not, can't really remember. Although with them being given basically the TO virus and Apoc strain they could somehow be resurrected which could be something interesting. But yea it would be nice to see maybe them tying in several elements to explain Warrens return

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

To be honest there so much in Apocalypse mythos that needs to be addressed I fear for that tiny crossover will only add to the aleady existing convolutions. I can't see how bringing back Apoc isn't the global concern. I know that's where the madness lies, but the last time UA dealt with Apoc's tribe. And considering Cable now joined them, you have another angle right there. Though I won't lie, current UA is a pretty meh team, but I'm trying to think in universe. Another concept I really dug from Remender's anthology is the idea of Kang and Apocalypse being rivals. But then again bringing in both X and A concepts together have been consistently bad news in the end. I don't know what to think anymore lol but I do think that Apoc has to make the whole world tremble and is way out of Extraordinary league. Lemire said time travel so let's hope it's just another expendable AU version and wait for the real Nur to return to 616 in full force and a story that will reestablish him as the force of nature that he should be.

About the Choir you're bringing up a very interesting angle. The whole TO virus is anothet concept I'd love to see explored.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.