Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Anyone going to read First X-Men?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Is anyone thinking about reading First X-Men, the series where it seems that Wolverine started the X-Men and how he teams up with Sabretooth?

To be honest, I don't think I'm going to read this because I always liked the idea about how the X-Men were started up by Professor Xavier  and having Wolverine start the X-Men is too forced and is another way to get Wolverine into another book.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dman1366

I agree. I think the only X-books I will read in WatX, UXM, and Legacy. Once Legacy and UXM are gone it is just WatX for me. Maybe I will pick up Adjectiveless, but probably not.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

I'm not I hate what Marvel has been doing rewriting history like Shield before Shield, Avengers before Avengers, Now X-Men before X-Men.  Worse yet they fan wank Wolverine to being the creator of the X-Men instead of Xavier.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Dernman said:
    I'm not I hate what Marvel has been doing rewriting history like Shield before Shield, Avengers before Avengers, Now X-Men before X-Men.  Worse yet they fan wank Wolverine to being the creator of the X-Men instead of Xavier.
    Me too. I can't stand it when Marvel keeps on changing the history of the characters. Marvel really needs to just stick to one history of the characters only.
    GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GillaDro

I pre-ordered a copy. I like most X-Men related books. I think we need a change in the comic industry, but people are too stuck on the old characters and stories that they've always known to give new ones a chance. Alot of new titles dont last very long because noone is buying them. They're buying the same titles that have always been around. I think they should introduce a complete new team of characters instead of introducing just one new character to an old team or, story.

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By artgamer

i'm going to read it just for the curiosity + sabretooth :P

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GillaDro

@ArtGamer said:

"i'm going to read it just for the curiosity + sabretooth :P"

same.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I will scan it in the comic book store before I decide. I'm not a Wolverine fan in the first place so this whole series is tailor made for me to ignore.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dman1366

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I will scan it in the comic book store before I decide. I'm not a Wolverine fan in the first place so this whole series is tailor made for me to ignore.

This. I am not a fan of wolverine at all. the best part of WatX is the lack of wolverine and the concentration on the school, kids, and faculty.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Nope. Adam's motivation for the series was just as asinine as Bendis' premise for All New X-Men, not to mention, more Wolverine. The preview didn't look that interesting either, because, it was just more Wolverine.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daycrawler

Avoiding it. The art looks awful and I'm not a fan of Gage's writing either. Add to the fact that they seem to be adding Wolverine into the mix just cos he's popular, which is just dumb and annoying. I don't mind slight tweaks to origins or 'hidden years' style stories if done well, but this just looks like a reeeeaaaally bad and pointless idea. Give it a few years and no-one will remember it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I wouldn't mind if this was an alternative reality series, but this is just Marvel's way of pushing Wolverine in too many books than necessary and I can't deal with anymore changes in the history of the X-Men universe anymore.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skaddix

I like Gage so I will give a try.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By papad1992

@GillaDro said:

I pre-ordered a copy. I like most X-Men related books. I think we need a change in the comic industry, but people are too stuck on the old characters and stories that they've always known to give new ones a chance. Alot of new titles dont last very long because noone is buying them. They're buying the same titles that have always been around. I think they should introduce a complete new team of characters instead of introducing just one new character to an old team or, story.

uh.... NO! What makes the X-Men THE X-MEN is their history and background!! If writers and creators keep poking and tweaking the history like they don't care then we should defiantly get a new creative team in the X-universe! I like change and I usually tend to give new books a chance but so long as their comicbook history stays the same and since these books that are coming out soon are totally against everything that is their background... I'm against this wholeheartedly!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Blood1991

Probably not. It would have to get like amazing reviews for me to bother.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @papad1992 said:

@GillaDro said:

uh.... NO! What makes the X-Men THE X-MEN is their history and background!! If writers and creators keep poking and tweaking the history like they don't care then we should defiantly get a new creative team in the X-universe! I like change and I usually tend to give new books a chance but so long as their comicbook history stays the same and since these books that are coming out soon are totally against everything that is their background... I'm against this wholeheartedly!

I agree with all this! I hate it whenever Marvel changes the character's history without a logical reason, the most famous example being the Phoenix Force, which has been changed so much over the years that it's so confusing in seeing what is true and what isn't true about the Phoenix Force.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@GillaDro said:

I agree with all this! I hate it whenever Marvel changes the character's history without a logical reason, the most famous example being the Phoenix Force, which has been changed so much over the years that it's so confusing in seeing what is true and what isn't true about the Phoenix Force.

The Phoenix Force is a mess now...

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar

Hell F-ING NO

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@GillaDro said:

The Phoenix Force is a mess now...

Definitely...
    Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Nope.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By lorex

I have said this before but I think the concept of bringing the original X-Men into the future would be interesting for a mini or a maxi series but if the characters are the original X-Men they have to at some point go back to the past and play their part in 
    essential points in the 616 universe's history. So they will either have to have there memories erased or blocked in some way otherwise the entire history of the marvel universe could be upended. Unless Marvel has been lying about not rebooting 
    the entire universe how is this going to work? I am going to check it out but I do have concerns.

My comments are dierected to the All New X-Men by Bendis as part of the Marvel Now so if this is refering to a different series or title sorry.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Not buying it. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @lorex said:
    I have said this before but I think the concept of bringing the original X-Men into the future would be interesting for a mini or a maxi series but if the characters are the original X-Men they have to at some point go back to the past and play their part in  essential points in the 616 universe's history. So they will either have to have there memories erased or blocked in some way otherwise the entire history of the marvel universe could be upended. Unless Marvel has been lying about not rebooting  the entire universe how is this going to work? I am going to check it out but I do have concerns.  My comments are dierected to the All New X-Men by Bendis as part of the Marvel Now so if this is refering to a different series or title sorry.
    Well, this topic is dealing with Wolverine being the one who started the first X-Men, but Bendis' New X-Men run is a bit of a concern to me also since I really don't see the point of having the older X-Men in the future.
    Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Powerzone789

@Dman1366 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

This. I am not a fan of wolverine at all. the best part of WatX is the lack of wolverine and the concentration on the school, kids, and faculty.

this

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By John Valentine

No, and the art is just damn terrible

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Madame_Mist

might try the first one and see how it goes.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GillaDro

@papad1992: I didnt say to change the X-Men. I meant create a whole new team of all new characters to add to the comic world instead of just adding 1 new character to an old team, or bringing back an old character, etc.

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Retro_Metro

@GillaDro said:

@papad1992: I didnt say to change the X-Men. I meant create a whole new team of all new characters to add to the comic world instead of just adding 1 new character to an old team, or bringing back an old character, etc.

I like your idea.

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VesKaGan

As a huge fan of the Original 5... no! I'm definitely not picking this up. Neither single issues nor trades.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By papad1992

@GillaDro said:

Why would we need more new characters!? We already have to many to handle (and that's post-M-Day)! For example... When the Five Lights were introduced... people either loved the idea or hated them. Because those new characters were blindfolding the great New X-Men students that were better created back in the "good ole days" of X-Men! Character Development is key to any character. If introducing new characters constantly instead of "re-using" older characters to further their development is what you want... I don't think other people would agree!

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Osian2

@god_spawn said:

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By jrock85

No.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OmegaRed86

Wolverine started the X-men? F*** you, Marvel.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cattlebattle

I am not on board with Wolverine being in the book...he is just over saturated. At the time this takes place Wolverine should be elsewhere doing something Wolverine like

I do like the idea of Xavier being on a team with other mutants before starting the X-Men, it makes sense, Xavier always eludes to his friendships with Magneto and Fred Duncan in his younger days but there is really never any details of the relationships. Hopefully this book will fill in some of the gaps but that might be asking too much, so there's that. In addition, these days comics have more things spelled out for you, It would be nice to see Xavier acquire some skills fom working with the government, isn't it strange how Xavier started a team of militant mutants who have a training room and jet with no experience of his own? Maybe these questions will be answered....doubtful though

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Wow, it looks like no one going's to read this. Well, I'm not either since I still see the original 5 starting the X-Men.

darkmagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darkmagik

I do not think, I do not like the idea that Wolverine is still the center of interest of a Marvel/X-men story. Similar for Sabretooth who was also member of the first Avengers ... They're everywhere !!

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By One_Eye

Not I said "One Eye."

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By One_Eye

@god_spawn said:

^ This ^

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By TDK_1997

I read it and it wasn't anything special and the whole action and development of the story felt like it is being held within minutes and was too rushed up.And did I mention that Wolverine and Sabretooth looked like vampires.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.