Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All New X-Men #7 Preview

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By One_Eye
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lightburst

So...Scott is 40? hmm I would have thought 33 at the oldest.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Lightburst said:

So...Scott is 40? hmm I would have thought 33 at the oldest.

That's probably more hyperbole. Like how Wolverine said Kid Beast was 12. He was just making a general statement, same as this lady is most likely doing now.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon

Worst bank security ever......

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By muhabba

"Excuse me ma'am. I...uh, deposited a stack of 100 dollar bills a few years ago and... um, I don't have my ID but I look like me in 20 years, so can you give me a hand?"

"Seems legit."

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By judasnixon
    @muhabba: Man I know! What F-ing bank lets you just walk in wearing a mask? I got to take my sun glasses off to cash a check....
    Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Man what sucks about this series is that Bendis is making it look like it was Cyclops' decisions and actions that caused the huge mess that is the Marvel Universe at this point. That he is not the right leader for the X-Men that we envisioned him to be since X-Men 1. Young Scott needs to be given back leadership of the X-Men, and get back to their own time and full mindwipe ASAP.

This time-travel alternate universe crap is annoying. Just hit the hard-reset button and start over like the good old days of Marvel Comics so this mess can be sorted out.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85 said:

Man what sucks about this series is that Bendis is making it look like it was Cyclops' decisions and actions that caused the huge mess that is the Marvel Universe at this point. That he is not the right leader for the X-Men that we envisioned him to be since X-Men 1. Young Scott needs to be given back leadership of the X-Men, and get back to their own time and full mindwipe ASAP.

This time-travel alternate universe crap is annoying. Just hit the hard-reset button and start over like the good old days of Marvel Comics so this mess can be sorted out.

well, sort of.. but I think that's because he wants to focus on young Cyclops trying to wrap his head around it all. And really, young Cyclops is becoming the main character of this series.

But, if you don't like the story, there are lots of other X-men books that aren't being effected by this one at all..

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@dangallant984: Thats interesting, I thought that a returning Jean Grey would be the main character in ANXM. But yeah, ANXM till now has been all about Scott getting shit on by others, even Jean.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85 said:

@dangallant984: Thats interesting, I thought that a returning Jean Grey would be the main character in ANXM. But yeah, ANXM till now has been all about Scott getting shit on by others, even Jean.

Well, that's how Bendis is trying to make Cyclops a character you can be sympathetic to, but it's kinda both. Them and the Beast. It's really the new O5's book.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dman1366

@judasnixon said:

@muhabba: Man I know! What F-ing bank lets you just walk in wearing a mask? I got to take my sun glasses off to cash a check....

hahahahahhahah so true

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@dangallant984: Well IMHO current-age beast sucks. He had absolutely no right to go and grab the O5 & show them what they definitely should not have seen. Messing around with time is not a joke.

And Him, Logan, Storm & Saint Jean need to get off their high horse and get the fuck back to their own time and mindwiped so that things can get back to normal for the originals. As of now, DC has alot better reading ( and alot less mind-boggling time travel) material than Marvel. I'm only reading ANXM for the Scott pages.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@Avenger85 said:

Man what sucks about this series is that Bendis is making it look like it was Cyclops' decisions and actions that caused the huge mess that is the Marvel Universe at this point.

Yeah when it's actually Bendis's decisions and actions that caused a huge mess that is the Marvel Universe at this point. If anything Beast should have gone back in time and gotten a Younger Bendis so he could show the older one how much of an mess he's turned things into.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85 said:

@dangallant984: Well IMHO current-age beast sucks. He had absolutely no right to go and grab the O5 & show them what they definitely should not have seen. Messing around with time is not a joke.

you're right, it's not a joke, it's a story. Why bother getting upset about it? like I said, there's lots of other X-men books to read if you don't like this one.

quick question, though: when you say "And Him, Logan, Storm & Saint Jean need to get off their high horse and get the fuck back to their own time and mindwiped so that things can get back to normal for the originals", what do you mean by "back to normal"?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol. That Bank clerk is such a complete bimbo it's not even funny.

Bendis.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evilvegeta74

I thought he was gonna pull a bank job! lol!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane: Lol. You read Bendis books because you hate them.

Hurricane.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By XsPectre28

is that pulsar, misty knight, or Idie thats following young scott?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By judasnixon
    @XsPectre28: Thought it looked like Yvette Nicole Brown from the show Community.
    No Caption Provided
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dangallant984

@XsPectre28 said:

does look like Misty Knight, but it could just be a random person weirded out by Cyclops' outfit.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@dangallant984: It's Misty Knight and she's going to snitch about the appearance to her fellow Bendis'venger friends.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@dangallant984:

Its an overused mechanic that just complicates things even more. And by Normal, I mean back to the old Uncanny X-Men no.1.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23  Edited By McKlayn

@XsPectre28 said:

actually thats a very valid point, it kind of look slike the shield agent that deadpool is working for in his own solo series, in the next issue we know they meet up with the avengers face to face, maybe this is some sort of lead in to that? Either way good eyes on your part

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24  Edited By McKlayn

@Avenger85 said:

@dangallant984:

Its an overused mechanic that just complicates things even more. And by Normal, I mean back to the old Uncanny X-Men no.1.

that sort of "normal" aint happening bub, and i think the vast majority of readers would be pissed if it did, myself included. I like what Dangallant said about it being a "story" and that if you dont like it dont read it, it seems like such common sense that no one on this forums abides by, so many x titles totally ignoring this and that is the very reason to give you some grasp of choice. Even during AVX there were a couple of titles that ignored it so you had a choice to totally avoid it if you wanted, so yea i am totally digging All New, Bendis is not perfect but he hasn't done anything other people haven't done including some of the people that most consider great, and nothing he has done has "ruined" anything or any character by far.

one of the most annoying things i see is from comic fans bitching about character progression, or character usage then when they finally get it and its not HOW THEY WOULD DO IT they want to bitch and complain about it, the best way to let your voice be heard is not buying the book. And if your making comments on this thread, and giving your opinion on something your not buying, thus not reading, then its totally un educated and not very valid considering you have no real concept of the subject matter.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85: it only complicates things if you read it; and if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

@McKlayn: exactly. well said.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Somebody needs to fire that chick.............ASAP

I love how the one black chick is like "YOU LOOK FAMILIAR" with just her face

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @AgeofHurricane said:

Lol. That Bank clerk is such a complete bimbo it's not even funny.

Bendis.

Heh, win. 
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@McKlayn: Lol. You're dealing with comic-book fans and this is a public forum. This is also the Internet. Incessant whining over a new direction or particular title while not reading/buying said title or direction has been going on since before most of us were even born. It's nothing new so there's no need for the hyperbolic reaction. It's not a "don't like it don't buy it situation" either, because people will still express their views about something this acclaimed (not to mention, it's an apparent "flagship") anyways and it does not make them "un educated", it reinforces the fact that they're fans. Angry about a new direction. Fact.

As anyone in their right mind would be, because this title and concept is utter sh*t. Opinion.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eeshaan1685

hahaha. There is going to be a hell of a battle very soon between Cyclops & Beast, and hopefully Cyclops kills that righteous furball. The sheer hate he was showing towards Hank in no. 7 was just hilarious.

Also :

And he's perfectly right to call Hank a son of a bitch for getting them into the future, just to punish young Scott for killing the professor ( which he didnt do ). ANXM 7 is one of the better issues in the series, because this was mostly about Cyclops. Unfortunately this is going to get very very messy, so seems like in the end the only way to rectify this mess will be to send the O5 back in time and mindwipe them.

Also interesting to note that Cyclops actually loved Jean, even at this time he had wedding pictures and Invitations in his safety deposit box. The last Scene between Scott and Jean was nicely done too. Hopefully they can make up after this disaster :(

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JohnnyGat

Noobish question but how do you do the thing where you hide spoilers in all black?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@JohnnyGat: when you type a post, look at the top-right of the box. Click on the "More" button there, that will bring up the spoilers button.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DarkxSeraph

If that is what the contents of the safety deposit box are... that's not sweet. That's down right creepy. Especially considering the state of the relationship at that time.

And, as you brought your point up in the Cyclops board, I still disagree with it for the same reasons here.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@DarkxSeraph: No there was alot more. Passports, old pictures, lots of money & Ruby Quartz sunglasses. It's almost like Current Scott suspected that this mess would happen and put all that stuff there just to help a younger version of himself set things right. Current Scott knows about time travel, and if he did this like a "what-if" contingency plan, in-case he went crazy and a younger version of himself just came along to sort things out. A VERY Batman-ish move there if so.

And no, theres nothing Creepy about it, just a storage locker with old stuff in it that wasnt opened for decades. And yeah, I've always believed that his true love was Jean. Not Emma. So those pictures & cards being in there does make sense.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Save for the fact that the teller said it had been yyyyeeeeeaaarrssss since anyone went in that box.

What is creepy about it? If it was wedding invitations and such for a girl he had JUST fallen in love with? Yeah. That -is- kinda creepy.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@DarkxSeraph: @DarkxSeraph:

lol no, the invitation was for their wedding, put there around the time of just before their wedding.

Look at it this way. Cyclops fall in love with jean, then a few years later when theyre gonna marry he keeps some stuff in there. Decade later when young cyclops opens it he finds all this stuff lying in there. You got the timings mixed up here, man.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Fair enough. The way you posted it read differently. Meh. *shrug* I have yet to pick up 7

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@DarkxSeraph: Yeah I jsut edited my post to explain it lol.

Anyways, it looks like it's over for Scott & Jean, as she really seems to have pissed him off by giving him the cold shoulder.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Oh by the way, this being Bendis' work, one thing that doesnt make sense is that Jean was surprised to see the wedding card. She should have just laughed and thrown it back at his face, as she already knows about the wedding and how that ended ( Marvel just LOVES to destroy good relationships) And he should have answered with an optic blast to the face for the way she treated him, that would have been fun to read. Instead she just gets all teary-eyed while he walks away..

Oh well, serves her right for treating Scott like shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.