Follow

X-Men: First Class

Movie » X-Men: First Class released on June 03, 2011.

At a time when the world was first learning of mutants, Professor Xavier created a school where young mutants could learn to use their powers to help protect a world that hates and fears them. What adventures will the first class of X-Men face?

X-men first class was horrible

• 85 results
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By moywar700

it was entertainable but the mobie was nothing special 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By cattlebattle

It was a good movie

but not necessarily a good X-Men movie I feel, They took a lot of deliberate liberties with the characters that were unnecessary. I liked how the powers were used and the dialogue was good, overall a well directed movie

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Shadowdoggy

@FadeToBlackBoltsaid:

It was a good movie, not a great one. But a good one.

that's how I feel too 
    it was entertaining and all, but it was far from "great" 
    I actually enjoyed Thor more overall 
    my biggest probelm with it (aside from the way they screwed up everyone's powers and the timeline) was that it didn't seem like the 60's 
    did Darwin invent the saying "my ass!" because it wasn't really something people said in the 60's 
    and they really missed a HUGE opportunity to use the backdrop of the civil rights movement to highlight what the mutants were going through 
    but no 
    they cut that in favor of cameos and ridiculous schitck  

honestly, I thought Emma was the best part  
     her sitting on the chair eating a cookie while she telepathically...um..."charmed' the general was hilarious

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By KainScion

from the trailers i thought this was going such a big pile of crap. BUT after seeing it I LOVE IT!!! it was so awesome it knocked the air out of me. PLUs wolverine's line - AWESOMENESS!!!!1

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Shadowdoggy

and they really missed a HUGE opportunity to use the backdrop of the civil rights movement to highlight what the mutants were going through

I agree.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By PowerHerc

I've watched it now and I must say it's quite the opposite of horrible. It was really good.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Bestostero

I seen the movie and hated it, but I still bought it anyways.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58  Edited By Deranged Midget

It was a good movie, wasn't anything spectacular but definitely a welcomed entry in the series.

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By slick23

Twas a great movie, you just hating man.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By John Valentine

Well, you're wrong.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By XLR87T3

Beast looked retarded,(both versions) . Sebastion Shaw was AWESOME. Cool Wolverine cameo appearence since he's immortal. Emma Frost was decent looking. Professor X was a mangary. Magneto was respectively cool and manly.Wasp was pretty hot. Everyone else was either lame or unimportant. But that's just my opinion ;D
    KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By KainScion
    @XLR87T3: that wasnt wasp, dude. wasp isnt a mutant. that girl was angel.
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Too much hate

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By XLR87T3
    @KainScion said:

@XLR87T3: that wasnt wasp, dude. wasp isnt a mutant. that girl was angel.

Then what's up with the insect wings?
    Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mr. Smiths

It was the best comic book film this year and it did look like the 60s and the 60s was captured well in this film. The acting, plot and action were all good in this film. So they changed some things with the characters, they did that in every comic book film thats ever came out. Best X-Men film so far and cannot wait for the sequel.
    PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PikminMania
    @XLR87T3: Angel has insect wings
    progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By progenitorigin

I just watched this movie the other day, and I wasn't impressed.  At all.
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Loki9876
    @XLR87T3: that was not wasp that was angel salvadore. Janet Van Dyne is an avenger and not a mutant. Fox doesn't have the rights to use her.
    girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By girth

For me, it was the best X-men movie they have made so far.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shadowdoggy

@Mr. Smiths

I don't know about that 
    they used current slang 
    and no one even bothered to mention the civil rights movement 
    it didnt' seem like the 60's to me at all 
    Cap and Thor were both far superior films IMO
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#71  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

It could have been a hell of a lot worse, I really enjoyed it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By cattlebattle

@Girth said:

For me, it was the best X-men movie they have made so far.

better than X2?? That film was a testament to comic book films

@Shadowdoggy said:

@Mr. Smiths: I don't know about that they used current slang and no one even bothered to mention the civil rights movement it didnt' seem like the 60's to me at all Cap and Thor were both far superior films IMO

Those are your reasons?? Captain America had vernacular and technology that sure wasn't around in the 40's....not trying to be a douche or anything, just seems like a lame reason to dislike a film

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Chaos Burn

s'alright film...

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @cattlebattle

no, that's not my reason for disliking it, that was just my reaction to someone saying it really "captured the 60's" or really "felt like" the 60's or something.  
    Which to me, it didn't.  
    I didnt' like the way most of the characters were personified, or the way some of their powers were interpreted 
    I'm really not crazy about the mutants they picked either (I don't know why they couldn't have had actual mutants who were alive in the 60's ) , but whatever
    And they really made it seem SO much like the other X-films! I guess to draw continuity to them, but still!  
    It was like "here's the kids alone at the base and then they get attacked scene"  
    and It seemed like a rushed job to me- even the timeline they created in the movie is rushed 
    The scene where all the kids get together for the first time ever is the same scene they all get attacked in and (if I'm not mistaken) Darwin dies!   
    And what's with that corny "let's all sit around and talk about our powers!" scene?  
    that's so lame and played out  
    Couldn't they have met them one by one, had them each come back to the base and show the audience what their powers were, show them getting to be a part of the team and getting to know one another?  
    At least that way they might have actually cared aboit one another instead of "Oh no, he died! ...What was his name again?"  
    I think I'm just over these superhero films where they change so many details that you lose the authentic emotional draw towards the characters and the story as a whole 
    Who cares that Mystique and Prof. X used to be friends?  
    They're one day going to end up acting like they don't know each other, if the events of X1 and X2 are still going to come true in that timeline....Wasn't it enough that Prof X and Magneto were friends and then turn into enemies?  
    Does it need to happen twice in the same movie?  
    They change so much to make the movie so accessible that you can no longer view the characters as deep, or thoughtful, or emotionally driven, or dark, or broken, or whatever it is about the characters in the X-universe that made you love them (aside from their looks and powers) because they aren't that any more.! They're some dude in a bad Juggernaut costume making lame jokes
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By riri4life

I enjoyed First Class.....mainly the Charlie/Maggy relationship, but that was it's main focus anyway. Not as bad as was expected.

PS is bluray really worth the extra few bucks?

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By Kurrent

No it wasn't!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cattlebattle

@Shadowdoggy said:

@cattlebattle:

no, that's not my reason for disliking it, that was just my reaction to someone saying it really "captured the 60's" or really "felt like" the 60's or something.
    Which to me, it didn't.
    I didnt' like the way most of the characters were personified, or the way some of their powers were interpreted
    I'm really not crazy about the mutants they picked either (I don't know why they couldn't have had actual mutants who were alive in the 60's ) , but whatever
    And they really made it seem SO much like the other X-films! I guess to draw continuity to them, but still!
    It was like "here's the kids alone at the base and then they get attacked scene"
    and It seemed like a rushed job to me- even the timeline they created in the movie is rushed
    The scene where all the kids get together for the first time ever is the same scene they all get attacked in and (if I'm not mistaken) Darwin dies! And what's with that corny "let's all sit around and talk about our powers!" scene? that's so lame and played out Couldn't they have met them one by one, had them each come back to the base and show the audience what their powers were, show them getting to be a part of the team and getting to know one another? At least that way they might have actually cared aboit one another instead of "Oh no, he died! ...What was his name again?" I think I'm just over these superhero films where they change so many details that you lose the authentic emotional draw towards the characters and the story as a whole Who cares that Mystique and Prof. X used to be friends? They're one day going to end up acting like they don't know each other, if the events of X1 and X2 are still going to come true in that timeline....Wasn't it enough that Prof X and Magneto were friends and then turn into enemies? Does it need to happen twice in the same movie? They change so much to make the movie so accessible that you can no longer view the characters as deep, or thoughtful, or emotionally driven, or dark, or broken, or whatever it is about the characters in the X-universe that made you love them (aside from their looks and powers) because they aren't that any more.! They're some dude in a bad Juggernaut costume making lame jokes

aaah, thats a better explanation, I agree for the most part, One: I' am kind of sick of super-hero movies myself, they just all seem to have the same formula...origin story, where the first 40 minutes of the movie is slowly paced as possible..blah,blah, blah...love interest...blah, fight evil....blah, blah explosions....kissing...the end. Then whether the second film is good or not is anyones guess. I felt the film was very well paced for an "origin" film. Look at Green Lantern, that movie was a sloppy rush job. I think the events of the film played out pretty well

second: I had also wished for a movie, based in the 80's-90's, with at least some of the actual original X-Men in it, living at the school, adapting to their powers and whatnot...funny thing is it was the producers original intention to have very much that. The fact that there are popular movies like Harry Potter and Twilight and other "teen action dramas" movies that flood the movie market these days, encouraged them to change their minds actually. I guess they wanted to try to stand out

I get what your saying about the corny sequences with the kids in it...they did feel kind of forced, but I think the main reason always consistent with the lambasting of all the X-Men films was character development. I have to imagine its hard to write a film with three main characters as opposed to about ten. So I give the writers of these films a lot of credit. The whole oredeal with Mystique was meant to keep with the overall them all the X-Men films had....feeling like an outsider, not being excepted. If they just had the overall plot of forming teams fighting Shaw I think the film would have seemed a bit shallow, It was nice to see a little emotional depth between characters that are more like siblings than love interests in a summer action movie as opposed to every other movie like Cap and Thor where your fully aware of how the realtionship will play out. I mean you knew she would wind up with Magneto but you didn't know if Mystique was going to leave him directly in this movie....or a sequel. I thought it was good stuff

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Shadowdoggy

@cattlebattle: yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was - a fun, sumemr action flick with a cool backdrop  
    I just expect more after 2 or 3 dozen marvel films now  
    it angers me more as an aspiring writer than it does as a Marvel fan ;)

Underwaterlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Underwaterlad

I think if you look at the film from a critical standpoint, the great pacing, an awesome cast and funky action sequences made for a wicked film. The only thing I found awkward was the underdeveloped relationship between Charles and Erik, which made the big, emotional breakup at the end seem a little bit forced.

Unfortunately, I looked at this film from the standpoint of an X-Men fan, and could not have been more disappointed. I...Alex Summers...Emma Frost...1962....I just don't even know where to start.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By cosmo111687

I actually didn't like it very much. I loved the early Michael Fassbender/Magneto scenes, and a few scenes between Charles and Magneto. But it took too many (mostly pointless...) liberties with the source material, had really uninteresting and flat villains with weak character motivations, and a bunch of scenes just seemed pointless. X-2 remains to be my favourite of the X-Men films so far.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pixelized

@XLR87T3 said:

Beast looked retarded,(both versions) .

I had such a problem with Beast. The young man playing him was clearly very attractive, yet was forced to act as though he had every affliction imaginable. And then the transformation looked like bad Halloween costume.

Overall, the movie was ok, I wasn't blown away by it. I've seen it once, don't really need to watch it again.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By CainPanell

@joshmightbe said:

I agree that it could have been better but by Fox's current standards it was far better than expected and it was still better than Wolverine and X3 and Fantastic 4 part 2 combined

I HAVE HAD TURDS BETTER THAN ORIGINS!!

LitosWay357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By LitosWay357

the bar wasnt exactly set too high, but it may have been the best in the x-men series. i know the focus was on Charles and Eric, but dialogue among the x-men was extremely flat. i see why the original director said that he didnt have time to make the movie he wanted. there were real stories that could have been touched on but werent because that would require more back story.

MrGore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MrGore

I think the movie is good, but most of us saying this aren't considering he bought the blue ray, that is expensive, the movie is good but not worth it, it's natural he feels scammed and hates the movie now.

Also every time you build huge hype about something it's gonna let you down. I thought it was gonna suck and ended up enjoying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I liked it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.