Follow

X-Men: First Class

Movie » X-Men: First Class released on June 03, 2011.

At a time when the world was first learning of mutants, Professor Xavier created a school where young mutants could learn to use their powers to help protect a world that hates and fears them. What adventures will the first class of X-Men face?

X-Men: First Class... IS!

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By Cervantes

Assemble these ingredients: 

Great cast - especially January Jones who really sold Emma Frost without being slutty.  

Grounding in reality - Magneto is a Nazi hunter, Beast is an electronic engineer with the CIA, Charles Xavier is a professor who regales those in bars with his theories on mutation and later joins the CIA, and Shaw and Frost are basically Bond villains in a pirated sub! Okay, not so grounded, but rock solid for a mutant movie.

>>Dare I say it?<< NEW MUTANTS, not the REAL first class - Yes, I thought it was a mistake going in, but now I think sitting still for "what's wrong with my eyes?" and "I seem to be reading minds!" from Cyclops and Jean Grey, and not-so-subtle hints that they will hook-up were a welcome deletion from the film. Which leads me to... 

Shifting alliances - No spoilers, but let's say several characters good and bad, switch viewpoints and teams, but always for a reason. Only in one case is this a mistake in that it is something the audience can't buy (you'll know it when you see it).

Mix well, and you have the best X-Men movie ever.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

This movie brought back the Franchise.
    Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cervantes
    @Doctor!!!!!
    Yeah, you're not kidding...
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By darkcloakx

i love x-men first class made me wanna read some x-men comics the movies remind me of the x-men 90's show  dark tone great story and very realistic. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.