Follow

X-Men: First Class

Movie » X-Men: First Class released on June 03, 2011.

At a time when the world was first learning of mutants, Professor Xavier created a school where young mutants could learn to use their powers to help protect a world that hates and fears them. What adventures will the first class of X-Men face?

X Men: First Class best Marvel film to date?

• 62 results
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @mark5 said:
    @SC said:
    I think Iron Man was the best film overall, but Thor was close, and Thor had way more room to fail. I mean Iron Man, Tony Stark, Robert Downey Junior. You'd have to be like the Matt fraction of the movie making directing world to screw that up. Not a simple character, but played simply, still very entertaining. Now I say Thor was great. Especially if you were sorta expecting it to flop, and not be so good. First Class. Effin aye, was a bit rough around the edges, some scenes seemed force, some parts were a bit cheesy and cliche, but holy hell Magneto and Xavier roles. Really made an average to good movie, amazing and excellent. Mystique role as well. Strong character driven movie, plot not as tight but yeah. I'd say those three are the gems in the Marvel movie crown. 
    Ok, I think Iron Man is overrated but Thor is an entertaining movie. But not a good film. Not enough effort put into it. Subpar at best. 

I think I tend to agree Iron Man is overrated. Personally its not my favorite, but then again, how I am viewing its objective worth VS my personal enjoyment... like First Class for example. I think I enjoyed that movie best out of the ones I mentioned, but I know why, and thats because it was very character strong, and at the same time, draws quite well from source material, and thats something I value. For a team book, it wasn't really that strong. Thats okay though, it didn't set out to be a good team book. Thor/Loki dynamic of Thor was great, and it was a lot more polished than i thought it would be. When it comes to a lot of elements, like plot structure, character development, story arc, meshing all those things, balance, so on. I still think Iron Man is generally a more amiable product. I understand your criticism for Thor, I am just not personally sure how I could point out ways it could/should have been better. 
    MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By MenaceForever2

The incredible hulk no competition

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MenaceForever2

X-Men First Class is a reboot not. Prequel that is why everything in the main X-Men franchise is irrelevant.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#54  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I saw it and really liked it. A little better than avengers.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I think it is but hopefully it will lose that title in a few weeks.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Video_Martian

Iron Man, Spider-Man 2, The Avengers: Best Marvel films, imo

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By BatteredArmor

Hell no

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cattlebattle

X-Men First Class was great but the first two X-men films were better when it actually came to being an X-Men film.

I mean First Class was a cool origin story that was tremendously well made and entertaining but its continuity to the the other movies were incredibly convoluted...this bothered me actually

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This was made a year ago, so keep in mind it was well before Marvel's The Avengers was out.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#60  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

As an X-Men movie, I think it was the best. Though I felt Magneto carried the film much like Loki carried Thor's movie in terms of bringing us a great villain who is both deadly and conflicted in why they are evil.

But overall, as the best Marvel movie, The Avengers own that title.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Video_Martian

First Class was still a pretty damn good movie though. I honestly don't understand the hate it gets sometimes.

But if you're talking about best overall Marvel movie experience, then yeah Marvel's The Avengers takes this.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#62  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @mr.obvious said:

First Class was still a pretty damn good movie though. I honestly don't understand the hate it gets sometimes.

When it was first announced and the cast was revealed, I was one of the many who hated the idea and bashed the movie. But after seeing it, I though it was a pretty awesome movie.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By Gambit1024

I'll be the first to admit that I bashed First Class from the minute it was announced to the night before I saw it, but this movie was damn good. I personally wouldn't call it the best Marvel movie (that goes to the Avengers), but I'd put it in my top three. It's also definitely in my top five superhero films in general.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.