Follow

X-Men: First Class

Movie » X-Men: First Class released on June 03, 2011.

At a time when the world was first learning of mutants, Professor Xavier created a school where young mutants could learn to use their powers to help protect a world that hates and fears them. What adventures will the first class of X-Men face?

rotten tomatoes rating

effletterhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By effletterhead

i don't know if anyone posted this yet, but it got 100% freshness rating from the critics.  i'm not one to go by a lot of critics, but the ones that posted seemed really impressed by it, saying fox got it right this time.  we'll see.  i'm not so fond of all the liberties they're taking with the characters.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Deranged Midget

Interesting. I'm not really a fan of movie critics and ratings. I don't judge a movie until I see it myself.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I'm on the site so I can rate it what I want!
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Caligula

never trust rotten tomatoes. terrible review site. (at least for my tastes)
    rarely do the films I like make it above 50 to 60%, but a lot of the films I despise get like 80's and 90's.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

This reminds me of how Wizard always used to rave about everything Marvel ever produced... because Marvel paid them more than any of the other publishers.

CraftyArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By CraftyArrow

@xerox-kitty  

what you said makes me think of cgc

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Zoom
    @Caligula said:
    never trust rotten tomatoes. terrible review site. (at least for my tastes)rarely do the films I like make it above 50 to 60%, but a lot of the films I despise get like 80's and 90's.
    Maybe you just have bad taste.

Rotten Tomatoes is far better than imdb.  No site will ever fit someone's taste exactly but RT is as close as I've found.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Caligula
    @Zoom said:

@Caligula said:

never trust rotten tomatoes. terrible review site. (at least for my tastes)rarely do the films I like make it above 50 to 60%, but a lot of the films I despise get like 80's and 90's.
    Maybe you just have bad taste.
    Rotten Tomatoes is far better than imdb.  No site will ever fit someone's taste exactly but RT is as close as I've found.
    bad taste is relative to the person saying so. just because the majority approves of something doesn't make it right, just makes a lot of people stupid.

What's bad taste to you, may not be to another. so saying someone has bad taste, only means the have bad taste according to your taste. that's the only viable measuring stick for such non-sense.

Rotten Tomatoes is tasteless in my opinion, I still use Rotten Tomatoes, because if it gets a poor score from the critics there, A lot of time that means the film is right up my alley.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom

"That's just like your opinion, man" is an argument often used by people who like lousy things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.