X-factor starting point

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Aeroman

I want to read X-factor does anybody know where I can start?

Avatar image for alejandrosato1977
    alejandrosato1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By alejandrosato1977

Well, Peter David has made a very good run i would really recommend the latest volume from number one the story arc is the longest night http://www.comicvine.com/x-factor-the-longest-night-x-factor-the-longest-night/37-181572/  this is after the house of M, this is supposing that you want to read the new x-factor

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aeroman
    @alejandrosato1977: what about reading at the 200 issue? because I know what happens during the series so is it okay to start their?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

i would say 200 is a good place to start. Also its definitely, definitely, worth starting from the Madrox #5 issue mini series, that is essentially the start of X-Factor VOL 3, start from #1 of the VOL 3, which goes up to #50, and then switches back over to original numbering for #200, so I mean you aren't going to have to buy #150 issues...  just... like #70? All of it worth its weight in adamantium! 

But yeah, a bunch of TPB's and just pick up at any new issue arc. Its a really really great book! Issue 200 is pretty good place to start! 

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Chesapeake

You can start with the current issue, # 220. Generally speaking, the X-factor story arc last 4 issues. After that, the team gets a new case with a new plot.  

Therefore, you do not need to know what events happened before given that clients change constantly from case to case since they are a detective agency.  

However, it's better to start at the latest entrance point per Marvel say which was issue #200.  Issue # 200 was when the issue number changed from # 51  to # 200. A popular story arc began at issue # 40 which includes Ruby Summers, Layla Miller, Dr. Doom and Damian Tryp characters after the Madrox baby' arc debacle. This plot ended up with a keystone Issue, # 50 which wrap up the old era for the series before to get more main stream character from the marvel universe. Currently, I enjoyed the Hela and Las Vegas stories which were set up around issue # 207 and # 212.   

PS. I do not think you have to start at a specific point. I began at Messiah Complex from the major Uncanny X-men crossover. After that,  I began to hunt down all the previous issues from different comic stores in my area until I catched up. It was really fun time to complete all the issues. Today, it's a lot easy because you can buy the papertrades. The good thing about the papertrades is that you have all the issues that you need for that particular plot.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @SC said:
    i would say 200 is a good place to start. Also its definitely, definitely, worth starting from the Madrox #5 issue mini series, that is essentially the start of X-Factor VOL 3, start from #1 of the VOL 3, which goes up to #50, and then switches back over to original numbering for #200, so I mean you aren't going to have to buy #150 issues...  just... like #70? All of it worth its weight in adamantium!  But yeah, a bunch of TPB's and just pick up at any new issue arc. Its a really really great book! Issue 200 is pretty good place to start! 

Second this, the Madrox mini is awesome, as is the beginning of X-Factor vol.3
    Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aeroman
    @Chesapeake: that is a really good info, I have one question if I start at 200 is it okay to get everything before 200?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

200 is a good place to start, but you can definitely fill in the previous 50 issues before that (don't forget they renumbered the series after issue 50, jumping to issue 200 ;)

The first 50 issues are great to go back to, as it fills in a lot of back story & builds up the characters & their relationships nicely.  But it's still okay to start at 200 and pick up the back issues later.  It's more or less what I did.  I'd read a few of the early stories, but mainly knew the series from 200 onwards.  Then had a massive marathon run reading the back issues (which was fabboo :)

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized
    @Chesapeake said:
    X-Factor # 224.1
    X-Factor # 224.1

Marvel announced an X-Factor # 224.1 issue earlier today. It is a new starting point, for new readers in mind as they did with other .1 Marvel titles such as Deadpool, X-men, X-Force, etc. The only difficulty is that the issue comes out next September. I do not think you have to wait until next September. Just go a pick issue # 220 or #221. Read other commemts they hava interesting points of view from where to start.

Layla looks so much like Sentry in that image.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.