Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Why Does X-23 An Underage Girl Hang Out With Wolverine??

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nigel90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nigel90

Just wondering... sick f-k Wolverine is, no???

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

Because Wolverine is kind of her dad?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By longbowhunter

Yeah if you've read any X-23 stories she aint exactly up for going to Xavier's prom. She is a killer!
    Nigel90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nigel90
    @Gambit1024 said:
    Still she should hang out with people close to her age like cyclops/..
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By longbowhunter
    @Nigel90
    Cyclops is not her age. Read Yost and Kyle's run on New X-men to see her hang out with other teens.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Isn't she hanging out mostly with Gambit?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By longbowhunter
    @fesak
    Yes and a vampire Jubilee!
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

because she's his daughter. not a single sick thing about 

Logan IS the absolute closest thing she has to family and one of the few people on earth who can remotely comprehend the incredible horror and pain that is her existence.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator

She is a clone and not Wolverine's daughter.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

Is wolverine as a mentor still weird? He's been doing it for years.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CATPANEXE

I would think since she's not having relations with any of the adult characters it wouldn't be weird at all. It's not unusual for adults to " hang " with teens, and guide them as well
    as protect them. 
    What would be more weird is that as an underager she has been employed as a military officer of sorts tasked with killing living beings. 

@fesak said:

Wolverine adopted X-23. (relevant here since it shouldn't be seen as odd for a parent/guardian to be watching over their child in a strange town)
    http://www.comicvine.com/x-23/29-3560/its-official/92-578432/#36 

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @fesak said:

he adopted her didnt he? they think of each other as father and daughter dont they?
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

...O.o
    So... Spider-Man should adopt Kaine and make him his son. Wouldn't be weird at all.

superojsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superojsimpson
    @fesak: so true. we should all adopt our clones. be it opposite gender or the like.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ReVamp
    @fesak said:
    ...O.o So... Spider-Man should adopt Kaine and make him his son. Wouldn't be weird at all.
    Nah, its different. X 23 doesn't have much experience with the world, and there is an obvious different in age between the two. THAT would be wierd.
    GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GTG12

Wolverine is her father figure .
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @ReVamp said:
    @fesak said:
    ...O.o So... Spider-Man should adopt Kaine and make him his son. Wouldn't be weird at all.
    Nah, its different. X 23 doesn't have much experience with the world, and there is an obvious different in age between the two. THAT would be wierd.
    Not that different when you consider Kaine was grown in a lab.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

She is technically his daughter, now if you had asked this question about say, Jubilee or Kitty Pride when they were underage then maybe you would have some kind of point but with X-23 you may as well be asking why Franklin and Valeria Richards hang out with Mr. Fantastic

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReVamp
    @fesak said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @fesak said:
    Yeah, that's true, but while they prove to be similar circumstances, they fail to be completely the same and the few differences makes the former duo's relationship much more plausible, than Kaine's with Spiderman would be.  I understand that you were joking and that your analogy probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously but Kaine differs from X in a variety of different ways, such as Maturity level, age, innocence and somehow X was needy and didn't have a place for herself yet. Thus seeing that she was missing all this, Wolverine adopted her as his "daughter" because she was a person similar to him in more ways than appearance (such as background) to teach her the things about life that a normal father would teach to his daughter.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshmightbe
    @fesak: If she was a true clone she'd be a dude, she was made from a combination of DNA of Wolverine and the woman who carried her that's pretty much the definition of offspring. At best she's a genetically modified test tube baby. The writer who dubbed her a clone doesn't understand the concept of cloning
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @ReVamp said:
    @fesak said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @fesak said:
    Yeah, that's true, but while they prove to be similar circumstances, they fail to be completely the same and the few differences makes the former duo's relationship much more plausible, than Kaine's with Spiderman would be.  I understand that you were joking and that your analogy probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously but Kaine differs from X in a variety of different ways, such as Maturity level, age, innocence and somehow X was needy and didn't have a place for herself yet. Thus seeing that she was missing all this, Wolverine adopted her as his "daughter" because she was a person similar to him in more ways than appearance (such as background) to teach her the things about life that a normal father would teach to his daughter.
    Yeah, i see what you mean, though i think it's pretty much pointless for Wolverine to adopt his own clone.
    It takes a complex relationship and makes it seem silly in a Philip J. Fry-i am my own grandpa-way
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReVamp
    @fesak said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @fesak said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @fesak said:
    Yeah, i see what you mean, though i think it's pretty much pointless for Wolverine to adopt his own clone. It takes a complex relationship and makes it seem silly in a Philip J. Fry-i am my own grandpa-way
    Yeah, but I don't think it makes the relationship any less complex. It just makes it safer and healthier for everyone. IMHO at least.
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Chaos Burn

this guy is such a troll

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @fesak said:

You can't say it's a little different. Then again Wolverines main role in this is to guide X-23 and provide a real family for her in order to prevent her killer
    nature from causing her to fall between the cracks. Kaine would likely have benefited from Peter making him his brother legally had he had the chance
    (Peter do's actually consider Ben and Kaine his brothers. Brings up an interesting view and debate on the topic of cloning actually).
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I honestly don't care how people try to explain the whole X-23 clone/daughter discussion, because personally (as in how I see and understand the character) I call X-23 Wolverine's daughter. I call her this because yes she was created through Wolverine's DNA, but unlike most clones (really all clones to be honest) Laura was given birth to which makes that woman her mother (if a woman gives birth to a child, she's the mom, period) and because Laura has Wolverine's DNA, it makes her his daughter. She's more than a simple clone because she was created in different way them most clones are created. She was given birth to and was raised by a mother and has the DNA of a father. No matter how many times people try to explain it to me, if someone asks me who X-23 is, I'm going to tell them she's his daughter because that's really the most logical answer in my opinion.

As for this thread, like I just stated and like has been stated already, X-23 is Wolverine's daughter, he's mentioned wanting to adopt her and has looked out for her since he learned of her existence. Not to mention that I see teenagers (both boys and girls) hanging out with adults all the time, from teachers, youth pastors, friends of the family, uncles, aunts. Just because you see an adult hanging out with a kid or teenager doesn't make them a pervert, a teenager can have a friend who just so happens to be an adult. Not to mention X-23's isn't "always" hanging out with older people, she was with the New X-Men and other students of the X-Men all the time, not to mention those kids form NYX, she just recently started out on her own and the only reason Gambit is there NOT because he wants to sleep with her like so many perverts on here think, but is there to keep an eye on her and to mentor her when needed.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe
    @War Killer: She actually does have some of DNA of her mother as well because they needed it to compensate for damage to Wolverine's genetic sample so she has the DNA of 2 parents there fore by definition she is not a clone at all 
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:
    @War Killer: She actually does have some of DNA of her mother as well
    You have any source on this?
    From what i can tell she is a genetic duplicate of Wolverine and there's no mention anywhere of her having any DNA from anyone else. 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By joshmightbe
    @fesak: A clone is an exact genetic match and being that she's a female they obviously can't be a complete genetic match so they had to get the rest of the DNA from some where
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

some people just have daddy issues...
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:
    @fesak: A clone is an exact genetic match and being that she's a female they obviously can't be a complete genetic match so they had to get the rest of the DNA from some where
    Unless they have technology to extract and duplicate the x-chromosome, which i don't see too far-fetched compared ot other comic book physics.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshmightbe
    @fesak: It doesn't matter what technology can do the literal definition of a clone is an exact genetic match therefore the fact that she's not a short furry dude with 3 retractable claws on each hand means she cannot be a clone 
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:
    @fesak: It doesn't matter what technology can do the literal definition of a clone is an exact genetic match therefore the fact that she's not a short furry dude with 3 retractable claws on each hand means she cannot be a clone 
    I agree it doesn't make sense, but it doesn't change the fact that the only thing marvel has stated about her is that she is a genetic duplicate. 
    To my knowledge it's not stated anywhere that foreign dna were introduced, and there's no reason to assume it was. 
    Infact i vaguely recollect that they couldn't duplicate Wolverine's Y-chromosome successfully, and instead remade it into an X.
    Several of Spider-Man's clones were not identical to him either, but i've never heard anyone argue they were not clones.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as a loner , i can tell you most of time she just want to be alone.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joshmightbe
    @fesak: That makes even less sense you can't make an X chromosome out of a Y chromosome because the Y chromosome contains less genetic material, it'd be like making a Harley out of a mo ped
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @fesak: your correct, at least according to Marvel. There were no chromosomes taken from other person other than Wolverine himself in her creation.
    PsychoPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By PsychoPanda
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Because hanging out with your father is so, so wrong.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @War Killer said:
    I honestly don't care how people try to explain the whole X-23 clone/daughter discussion, because personally (as in how I see and understand the character) I call X-23 Wolverine's daughter. I call her this because yes she was created through Wolverine's DNA, but unlike most clones (really all clones to be honest) Laura was given birth to which makes that woman her mother (if a woman gives birth to a child, she's the mom, period) and because Laura has Wolverine's DNA, it makes her his daughter. She's more than a simple clone because she was created in different way them most clones are created. She was given birth to and was raised by a mother and has the DNA of a father. No matter how many times people try to explain it to me, if someone asks me who X-23 is, I'm going to tell them she's his daughter because that's really the most logical answer in my opinion.  As for this thread, like I just stated and like has been stated already, X-23 is Wolverine's daughter, he's mentioned wanting to adopt her and has looked out for her since he learned of her existence. Not to mention that I see teenagers (both boys and girls) hanging out with adults all the time, from teachers, youth pastors, friends of the family, uncles, aunts. Just because you see an adult hanging out with a kid or teenager doesn't make them a pervert, a teenager can have a friend who just so happens to be an adult. Not to mention X-23's isn't "always" hanging out with older people, she was with the New X-Men and other students of the X-Men all the time, not to mention those kids form NYX, she just recently started out on her own and the only reason Gambit is there NOT because he wants to sleep with her like so many perverts on here think, but is there to keep an eye on her and to mentor her when needed.

*ding dong  

^who's there 

*ups sir, your shipment of EPIC WIN has arrived!!!!!!!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Gambit1024 said:
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By daak1212

Wolverine does this all the time.  Shadow Kat,Jubilee,X-23, and now Armor

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By fbdarkangel
    @Chaos Burn said:
    this guy is such a troll
    agreed!
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k2
    @fbdarkangel said:
    @Chaos Burn said:
    this guy is such a troll
    agreed!
    I too smell troll.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edc72068d57d
    deactivated-5edc72068d57d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fesak said:
    He adopted her and she does have his DNA. Infact her "mother" gave birth to her and she does have some of her DNA too. Daughter is acceptable here. 

FYI, unlike Kaine, X-23 was born as a aby and grew up as any other kid(Well, aside from the killer thing.)
    rokusan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rokusan23
    @joshmightbe: Yep! She's a genetic twin :3 
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k2
    @VenomMelendez said:

@fesak said:

He adopted her and she does have his DNA. Infact her "mother" gave birth to her and she does have some of her DNA too. Daughter is acceptable here.  FYI, unlike Kaine, X-23 was born as a aby and grew up as any other kid(Well, aside from the killer thing.)
    X-23 does not have any of Sarah Kinney's DNA. She only has Wolverine's DNA code. The reason she is not a direct clone is because Dr. Kinney was given a damaged genetic sample to work with. Everyone has two chromosomes: males have XY , and females have XX. The Y (male) chromosome was too far gone in the sample, so she simply used two of Wolverine's X chromosomes to make a female clone. Even still some areas of the code were damaged, so she repaired these missing sections of data. Never has it been said that Dr. Kinney inserted her own genetic information into X-23's DNA. She only repaired the damage sections, which involved reconstructing them using educated guesses as to what these areas of code would have contained. 

Sarah acted as a surrogate mother; this is where the already growing embryo (baby) was implanted into her womb. The infant received nutrition and protection from her body, but no genetic information. Hence, Sarah Kinney is not at all involved in X-23's parentage, strictly speaking. Aside from the genetic information, she did grow the baby in her womb for nine months, and came to love her as her own daughter; the term is correct because she did give birth to Laura. However, do not state that X-23 has Dr. Kinney's DNA as well; as that would be incorrect.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By joshmightbe
    @rokusan23: That is vastly more accurate than calling her his clone
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @k2 said:
    @VenomMelendez said:

@fesak said:

He adopted her and she does have his DNA. Infact her "mother" gave birth to her and she does have some of her DNA too. Daughter is acceptable here.  FYI, unlike Kaine, X-23 was born as a aby and grew up as any other kid(Well, aside from the killer thing.)
    X-23 does not have any of Sarah Kinney's DNA. She only has Wolverine's DNA code. The reason she is not a direct clone is because Dr. Kinney was given a damaged genetic sample to work with. Everyone has two chromosomes: males have XY , and females have XX. The Y (male) chromosome was too far gone in the sample, so she simply used two of Wolverine's X chromosomes to make a female clone. Even still some areas of the code were damaged, so she repaired these missing sections of data. Never has it been said that Dr. Kinney inserted her own genetic information into X-23's DNA. She only repaired the damage sections, which involved reconstructing them using educated guesses as to what these areas of code would have contained. 

Sarah acted as a surrogate mother; this is where the already growing embryo (baby) was implanted into her womb. The infant received nutrition and protection from her body, but no genetic information. Hence, Sarah Kinney is not at all involved in X-23's parentage, strictly speaking. Aside from the genetic information, she did grow the baby in her womb for nine months, and came to love her as her own daughter; the term is correct because she did give birth to Laura. However, do not state that X-23 has Dr. Kinney's DNA as well; as that would be incorrect.
    Thank you
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Never saw anything weird about that. I don't really think she's his daughter (more of a little sister, like Conner is to Clark, though obviously he's a little brother).

If you were to bring up the fact that every time a new young girl joins the X-Men Wolverine instantly takes to them though, well, that's another issue.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReVamp
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Never saw anything weird about that. I don't really think she's his daughter (more of a little sister, like Conner is to Clark, though obviously he's a little brother).  If you were to bring up the fact that e very time a new young girl joins the X-Men Wolverine instantly takes to them though, well, that's another issue.
    LMAO. 

But I still think that they have more of a fatherly relationship, well maybe not of a father but something more of like an uncle. Or matbe an older brother I guess. Fair enough.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By k2
    @ReVamp said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Never saw anything weird about that. I don't really think she's his daughter (more of a little sister, like Conner is to Clark, though obviously he's a little brother).  If you were to bring up the fact that e very time a new young girl joins the X-Men Wolverine instantly takes to them though, well, that's another issue.
    LMAO.   But I still think that they have more of a fatherly relationship, well maybe not of a father but something more of like an uncle. Or matbe an older brother I guess. Fair enough.
    Haha at the Wolverine comment. As to relationship between the man and his clone...I see Wolverine as Laura's mentor. Kind of like her Sensei Tanaka was to her; a good teacher whom she respected and trusted to show her the right way. She looked to him for guidance and approval, the same way she looks to Logan to guide her, and in a lot of ways, he has. Not enough in my opinion, but that's another issue...and like Logan explained in the X-23 series, perhaps that's how he feels he has to help Laura; with firm guidance, when she seems to need it, instead of a father-figure like he has been to Jubilee and Kitty...since that is what X-23 understands and feels comfortable with. She has had a Sensei before, but not a father. Therefore, anyone trying to fill the role of a father would feel strange and misplaced to her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.