Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Tom Taylor Reunites All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan for Civil War II - Exclusive Interview

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel is announcing some of their Civil War II plans this weekend at C2E2. You can see the list of Civil War II tie-ins HERE.

In the ALL-NEW WOLVERINE tie-in, Laura Kinney will come face to face with her father, except this is the Old Man Logan version. Will they choose the same side or will the end up fighting? We asked Tom Taylor some questions about the story and Laura, in general.

Cover by Bengal
    Cover by Bengal

COMIC VINE: Will the Civil War II tie in issue feature the first meeting between Laura and Old Man Logan or might it be teased the issue before?

TOM TAYLOR: We will definitely see Old Man Logan in the lead up to Civil War, but how we see him and the circumstances we find him, should come as a bit of a surprise. It's not pretty. He won't be happy.

Will we get to see them interact and react to each other or will there be too much fighting going on?

There will be a lot of fighting on multiple fronts. There's a big problem coming that will have ramifications for Laura, Logan and even Gabby. But we'll absolutely have time for the characters to interact. It's such a strange coming together that we have to explore it and give it a little time. On one hand, you have a man from an alternate future who has lost his family. On the other hand, you have Laura, who has recently lost her father. HER Logan. How she reacts to another Logan, so similar to the man who she lost, but NOT the mentor she lost, could go in very strange directions.

Is this meeting something you've thought about since you first came onto the book?

Yeah. I wasn't expecting to get to it so soon but Civil War threw an idea up, and we just had to run with it. It means this coming together will be a very significant one for both characters.

What's your approach to writing Old Man Logan?

It's all built on what Mark Millar, Bendis, and then Jeff Lemire have been doing with the character. There are some great stories there and there's been a great consistency in the character. At his core, he's Logan, but he's been through even more trauma. He's even angrier and more hurt. Laura and Gabby could offer him something unexpected, something he thought he'd lost... Or things could go very, very wrong.

Marcio Takara is taking over the art. Have you started seeing his pages come in?

Absolutely. He's already finished up on our Squirrel Girl team-up issue and it's one we're all very happy with. It's zany but it's also very personal, and Marcio has delivered on this completely.

There's been some wild action scenes so far in the series. How intense will things get in the Civil War story?

Very. Very intense. We're throwing a lot of raw emotions, and a lot of claws, into a Civil War-shaped powder-keg.

You can see all the action in June's ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #9. Marcio Takara's first issue will be issue #7, on sale April 27.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well this should be interesting. However I can't help but hope that the original Wolverine will come back. Am I the only one who still wants that, Laura is great. But lets be honest people, She's much better as herself and theres only One Wolverine.

Also how is Gabby cute no matter what she's doing?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Marvel really needs to fkn tone it down with event's, you can see the writer is forced to make them interact in this event and not that pleased by it. Not to mention just giving them time to adjust a bit and then meet would have been so much better.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

But lets be honest people, She's much better as herself and theres only One Wolverine.

Ain't that the truth?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@2cool4fun said:

Marvel really needs to fkn tone it down with event's, you can see the writer is forced to make them interact in this event and not that pleased by it. Not to mention just giving them time to adjust a bit and then meet would have been so much better.

Still it's working as far as attention getting goes.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait for these 2 to meet

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original logan needs to pop out of that block of adamantium already. Don't get me wrong i really enjoy old man logan, kinda reminds me of wolverine from the 90s the way he used to be.

But x-23 needs to go back to shelf of ideas.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry guys, but this Tie in does NOT look interesting nor remotely good.

Not picking this up.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original logan needs to pop out of that block of adamantium already. Don't get me wrong i really enjoy old man logan, kinda reminds me of wolverine from the 90s the way he used to be.

Heh. From Agents of Shield #3...

No Caption Provided
    Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Can't wait. This is one of the meetups that's needed to happen since Secret Wars. And Gabby just gets cuter every issue.

Shame Daken isn't part of this. I always thought it was a tremendous missed opportunity that they never had the entire family together. That could have been an epic teamup.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are two kinds of Wolverine. James Howlett 616 and fake Wolverines.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more interested in OML meeting Sabretooth.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ambaryerno

@rubear said:
    @donmeca2020 said:

Heh. From Agents of Shield #3...

No Caption Provided

LMD.

And I see the Trolls are out from under their bridges, too.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know their meeting should've been in a more personal story rather than a Secret War Tie-in with bunch of fluff for that stupid event...Yes, I don't like Civil War in general...sue me. First one was stupid enough O.o

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

You know their meeting should've been in a more personal story rather than a Secret War Tie-in with bunch of fluff for that stupid event...Yes, I don't like Civil War in general...sue me. First one was stupid enough O.o

Well he did say that without Civil War he would have done it later but nothing you can do about it.

I also highly doubt this release date that is given here. All-New Wolverine #6 was released last week. I don't see how 3 issues can be released in one month. Especially with Civil War not even starting until May.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to marvel.wikia.com, Civil War II #0 releases May 11. Civil War II #1 releases June 1, the same day as ANW #9 according to this article. Civil War II: X-Men #1 also releases June 1.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to marvel.wikia.com, Civil War II #0 releases May 11. Civil War II #1 releases June 1, the same day as ANW #9 according to this article. Civil War II: X-Men #1 also releases June 1.

Yeah, you can forget I said anything. Proper reading is a good thing.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I couldn't care less about "real" Wolverine, Old Man Logan is infinitely more interesting.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sprior93 said:

I'm more interested in OML meeting Sabretooth.

Me too. Imagine the shit talk that can happen.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

When I read the headline I was thinking what Unwritten would have to do with Wolvie, Logan, and Civil War? I always confuse the real and fictional Tom Taylor's.

This is interesting. I don't care about the whole event (or any Marvel event!) but I'm enjoying the All-New Wolverine series. It's gonna be fun to see Laura and the girls meeting OML.

Avatar image for allaboutmarvels
    allaboutmarvels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a bout time these two meet

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I read the headline I was thinking what Unwritten would have to do with Wolvie, Logan, and Civil War? I always confuse the real and fictional Tom Taylor's.

This is interesting. I don't care about the whole event (or any Marvel event!) but I'm enjoying the All-New Wolverine series. It's gonna be fun to see Laura and the girls meeting OML.

Well, there's no "and the girls," now. Just Gabby. Zelda is dead and Bellona WILL be once Kimura gets through with her.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: Yeah, I'm one issue behind and, for a second, I may have ignored issue #5 didn't end so well for some of the girls.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: Yeah, I'm one issue behind and, for a second, I may have ignored issue #5 didn't end so well for some of the girls.

D'oh, sorry about that. The second week after an issue is out I tend to stop bothering with spoiler tagging.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: No worries. I just read issue #6 and it was still enjoyable except for knowing who's sitting in the helicopter.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not picking this up.

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

feel like having two versions of every hero really undermines the whole push for diversity. Cap, Spider-man, Thor, Wolverine...wish they would just pick one instead of trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: No worries. I just read issue #6 and it was still enjoyable except for knowing who's sitting in the helicopter.

Yeah, it probably would have been a better "Oh Shit" moment if I didn't give it away. At least I didn't spoil Gabby having a claw for you. ;-)

@stormphoenix said:

Not picking this up.

I love how you can tell that from an interview that essentially only announces that it's happening.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though it's clear from his statements that this storyline was editorially mandated and he decided to run with it--hopefully putting some effort into it in the process--I don't see how you can interpret anything as Taylor not being pleased.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe said:

Yeah, it probably would have been a better "Oh Shit" moment if I didn't give it away. At least I didn't spoil Gabby having a claw for you. ;-)

Yes, thanks, that was the best moment of the issue, the SNIKT and claw, and her running away cracking her knuckles. Gabby rocks!

@stormphoenix said:

Not picking this up.

I love how you can tell that from an interview that essentially only announces that it's happening.

Well, it sounds like this tie-in will be more interesting for readers of ANW than for someone who's only interested in the event. CWII is about choosing sides and the interview suggests there will be a family reunion of strange sorts that will be more important for Laura and Gabby than for the event itself. Perhaps Stormphoenix doesn't care about Laura hence it's fair to pass and save the money for another, more intriguing tie-in. What is and is not intriguing can be very subjective.

Many tie-ins are meaningless anyway and for both sides - the series and the event - however, sometimes the best tie-ins are the ones you least expect to be good.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno said:
    @donfelipe said:

Yes, thanks, that was the best moment of the issue, the SNIKT and claw, and her running away cracking her knuckles. Gabby rocks!

@ambaryerno said:
    @stormphoenix said:

Not picking this up.

Well, it sounds like this tie-in will be more interesting for readers of ANW than for someone who's only interested in the event. CWII is about choosing sides and the interview suggests there will be a family reunion of strange sorts that will be more important for Laura and Gabby than for the event itself. Perhaps Stormphoenix doesn't care about Laura hence it's fair to pass and save the money for another, more intriguing tie-in. What is and is not intriguing can be very subjective.

Many tie-ins are meaningless anyway and for both sides - the series and the event - however, sometimes the best tie-ins are the ones you least expect to be good.

It's one thing to say he doesn't find it interesting. He's saying it's not going to be "remotely good." That's a LITTLE bit different.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: It's still a matter of perspective! Again, I do believe Taylor's answers are more appealing to readers of the series than to someone who's only interested in the event and who may not even care about Laura & Gabby. Based on this, and the fact that many tie-ins turn out to be meaningless to the event anyway, it's just a little difference really.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are two kinds of Wolverine. James Howlett 616 and fake Wolverines.

Fenix Oscura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think X-23 is a cool character BUT making her Wolverine is a mistake.

Maybe giving her a proper codename like Weapon X or something like that and keeping her X-Force costume which I really loved would be a better fit for her than putting her in Logan's shoes.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this should be interesting. However I can't help but hope that the original Wolverine will come back. Am I the only one who still wants that, Laura is great. But lets be honest people, She's much better as herself and theres only One Wolverine.

Also how is Gabby cute no matter what she's doing?

Agreed. THE Wolverine needs to return. But it needs to be done correctly. Old Man Logan was a great spin-off but I'm not digging it in regular continuity. And Laura is her own character. She ain't Wolverine.

rickpenna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Disney influence over Marvel...
    Thor and Wolverine are now females
    Cap America and Spider-Man are black
    Ms Marvel is Pakistani
    Hulk is asian
    Donald the Duck (or is Howard?!) have his own magazine...

I understand that they are trying to balance the scale, and I think is nice, but why not create new heroes? Do they have to change the old ones?

I want to se the day when we will have Mickey Mouse in the Avenges and Uncle Scrooge in the Iron man suit.

:P

rickpenna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scratch that.... I DON'T want to see that day!

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks cool to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.