Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Sibilings

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By boob

For those who have never read X-23: Innocence Lost, she was not the only clone. When she and her mother planed on escaping the program we find out that there are embryos ranging from X-24 to X-50. Her mother then tells her to blow them up. Now normally I would say that is the end of that, but well things like that don't seem to matter, especially when it comes to Wolverine and his DNA. Now I don't know  exactly how far along Itsu was with Daken, but the fact remains. He live even though he was ripped from his death mother's womb way to early.  
     So my question is (and I hope the answer is no), did they survive? And if so where are they now?  

And the even bigger question, if they did will they be more interesting then the current Wolverine family? 
    And the even bigger question, if they did will they be more interesting then the current Wolverine family? 
    ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ambival1

I think Marvel writers will be grateful for your point. It's a perfect theme for another story arc, but not very original. And quite risky when mentioning Spiderman's Clone Saga. It's a theme than can be used anytime, Marvel likes cloning or simply making another versions of his characters. Writers might use it in the future, but in a limited series only I think. Besides, X-23 is female only because Facility simply couldn't make a male clone. Thus another clones would be more a copy of X-23, rather than Wolverine, just like in the picture above. It could limit creators's ideas to make another interesting character, without the constant feeling that the character is a copy of a better known character. X-23 survived this and now I see her as an independent character, but Im not sure if a copy of X-23 would become a long-term character.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarkxSeraph
    And quite risky when mentioning Spiderman's Clone Saga. It's a theme than can be used anytime, Marvel likes cloning or simply making another versions of his characters

This.

Additionally, Ambival1 makes another point in the fact that it probably wouldn't be a long term character. Add to that the fact that, in my opinion, it would make Laura less unique... and I just don't really want this to happen.
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

Marvel needs to not make any more clone sagas.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By akbogert

Yeah, I think pretty much every reader ever would say "NOPE" about it.

Also, Laura doesn't tend to fail. If she believes she terminated them all, I'm inclined to believe her. She wouldn't have left that building had that part of the mission been incomplete.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By boob

I hope they don't either, but this is Marvel remember. And when have they ever done anything we want?

c2thaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c2thaj

I'd like to see her battle a pair of cloned siamese X-23's named X-46.

No wait....that's a horrible idea.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lightburst

X-23 clone? Oh god no! Im 100% sure Laura killed all her clones she gets it done when shes given an objective to complete.

bsmith1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By bsmith1190

Does anyone even know that Laura's already got a sister... Amiko Kobayashi... lives in Japan... was adopted by Wolverine... despite having been around the longest the Wolverine writers have a tendency to forget she exists? Seriously no one? If anyone reading this actually does know who she is, and God I hope someone does, Marvel needs to make a team up between them, you hear me Marvel, make it fucking happen.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite

@bsmith1190: Might want to censor that last F bomb there.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarkxSeraph

They 'forget' she exists because she probably didn't have much reader resonance.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By akbogert

@DarkxSeraph said:

They 'forget' she exists because she probably didn't have much reader resonance.

This, but also the fact that Laura doesn't have a sister. Unless we're talking strictly through adoption? Because they wouldn't share any life experience, probably don't share genetics (but I don't know about Amiko, so I cant be sure), and have never met.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By boob

@bsmith1190: I remember Amiko, and the Savege Land baby (cant remember his name).

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I. X-23 is not a Clone. She is Wolverines genetic daughter or Tube daughter.

II. X-23 does have a sister because Wolverine is their Dad, so Half-sister if you want to get technical.

III. If she really was Wolverines clone she would be exactly like WOlverine, but she's a female. She is not a exact copy, therefore she is not his clone.

IV. It is fiction so they can totally say that X-23 forgot 1-4 clones of hers. If I'm not mistaken they already did on Agent Venom on his "Circle of Four" arc. I would double check/verify, but my friend has it. He is currently out of town/state/country/continent NO LIE.

(+)

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCowman

@bsmith1190 said:

Does anyone even know that Laura's already got a sister... Amiko Kobayashi... lives in Japan... was adopted by Wolverine... despite having been around the longest the Wolverine writers have a tendency to forget she exists? Seriously no one? If anyone reading this actually does know who she is, and God I hope someone does

You can count me as someone who remembers her. I also wish they'd remember she's there more. She doesn't have to live with Wolverine or anything, just some side-acknowledgment. Have him calling her every now and then or mention that he took a couple days to visit. With the X-Men's tech he could hop over to Japan and back easy as pie.

One of my dream comics was a "Wolverine Family" series. I wanted them to take Logan off all team books for awhile and have him in one series starring him, Laura, Jubilee, Amiko, and Mystique. It would be about Logan trying to strengthen his relationship with his "daughters" with Mystique there for sexual tension and to get them into edge-of-your-seat adventures.

Of course, realistically that dream is about as impossible as my Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown "Spoilers" comic AND a Squirrel Girl on-going. But a man can fantasize, can't he?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By akbogert

@TheCowman: I would read all of those books.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Squirrel Girl--the most OP character in the Marvel Universe by happenstance (and the fact that she has beaten Doom and Thanos...)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg
    DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken, Fodigg, those were all killed by one of the sisters.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Ren_

@fodigg said:

This reminds me of the discover of the extra stepford cuckoos.

That never happened :o

Seriously though, I hated that arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.