Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Is Marvel trying to break X-23's association with the X-Men?

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorex

Of all the newer characters introduced in the X-Men in the last 10 years X-23 seems to be the one that has caught on the most. With the individual series ending (which I still think is stupid) she will be spending time with  Avengers 
    Academy. Given how Marvel has raided their other comic properties to prop up the Avengers over the last few years I was wondering are they trying to break Laura's affiliation with the X-Men so it is easier to  intergrate her into the 
    general Marvel universe in the future, rather than have a permanant association with the X-Men like Wolverine. Any thoughts?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I don't think it's so much breaking her association with the X-Men so much as introducing her to the larger Marvel Universe. 

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Dernman said:
    I don't think it's so much breaking her association with the X-Men so much as introducing her to the larger Marvel Universe. 
    I agree. But still cancellation of her book is stupid.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

@Kairan1979 said:

@Dernman said:
    I don't think it's so much breaking her association with the X-Men so much as introducing her to the larger Marvel Universe.
    I agree. But still cancellation of her book is stupid.

Both of these young sirs are correct.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WildStyle

They're trying build her brand. Can't blame them when she's in something like Marvel Vs Capcom 3. And yeah, her book shouldn't have ended. Quality stuff right there

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I hope not. I'm not into Avengers at all, and I'd hate to see her leaving the X-books for good to appear mainly in Avengers titles. She would leave behind too many interesting relationships. I do wish that she would have gone on to appear in a X-Men title instead, and I hope that she'll get her own book again someday.

It does seem like Marvel is trying to continue marketing her as a stand-alone character (as opposed to marketing her as a mere member of the X-Men) - which is perfectly fine by me, as long as she's still intercting mainly with X-Men characters. I do like the fact that she's following her own path, but I'd still prefer her to cross other X-Men characters on that path instead of staying with the Avengers. I really don't care a toss about any of the AA characters.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think so. I like her appearance in AA so far, and she fits with the characters. That said, I don't think that her appearance in one teen book outside of the X-Men range means that she'll be forever cast with the Avengers. She already has a connection with Steve Rogers, but that didn't stop her from finding Xavier's all by herself. I don't doubt for an instant that she will return to those Men of X again in the not-so-distant future.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

She's also in the upcoming Circle of Four arc in Venom. So I don't think it's so much them trying to integrate her into the Avengers or any team specifically, so much as introduce her to the Marvel U in general, as was stated earlier.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By a0040pc

I don't think she'll ever fully break away from the X-Men. Remember that there is an X in her name. Plus I'm looking forward to that Venom arc, it would be the only time I get the Venom series.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Hysteria said:

I don't think she'll ever fully break away from the X-Men. Remember that there is an X in her name. Plus I'm looking forward to that Venom arc, it would be the only time I get the Venom series.

@The Dark Huntress said:

She's also in the upcoming Circle of Four arc in Venom. So I don't think it's so much them trying to integrate her into the Avengers or any team specifically, so much as introduce her to the Marvel U in general, as was stated earlier.

No Caption Provided
    OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OldManJoe

I really hope that they don't put X-23 on the Avengers side. She may have spent some time in AA, but that could not compare to her time with the X-Men and friends she has there. Who knows, maybe she'll have a larger role with the X-Men after the Avengers vs X-Men story is over.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I think Marvel is looking to mix and match certain characters on titles so that the fans of the pieces will be enough to make the whole a success.

- Avengers Academy and X-23 alone struggle in the 20 K sales range, if combined they can get the book into the low 30's they will have one success instead of two cancelled titles.

- IMO AA is a flawed book with a lot of characters I just do not care about, X-23's title got off track but should have been given more time

rokusan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rokusan23

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Hysteria said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

She's still wearing her X-Force uniform... Does that mean that she still affiliates herself with the X-Men?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gawdzilla

@OldManJoe said:

I really hope that they don't put X-23 on the Avengers side. She may have spent some time in AA, but that could not compare to her time with the X-Men and friends she has there. Who knows, maybe she'll have a larger role with the X-Men after the Avengers vs X-Men story is over.

From what I've read from a couple of Gage's interviews is that X-23 is going to be the key focus of the AA AVX tie-in issues. Which makes sense. Personally I think this will really decide which side she's really on going forward. I'd love to see the AA kids have to battle the X-Kids and see which side Laura picks. Part of me wants to see X-23 fight Surge or Hellion though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.