Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Is Hanna the second X-23?

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ambival1

I have been recently on a movie "Hanna" about a girl trained by her father in a place far away from any civilisation (north pole exactly)  to become a perfect assasin in order to get revenge on a corrupted CIA agent who killed mother of the main character. She is in X-23 age and she is the same ruthless, scary and alienated teenage killer as her. The whole movie develops round the subject of Hanna trying to find herself in the real world, pretty much like X. The film, pretty complicated although, was great and very deep.  I strongly recommend it to all the X-23 fans.

Here are some pictures of Hanna:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    What do you think? Can Hanna compete with X-23 in being a teenage assasin? Well, we all know the answer, so why I'm asking anyway. If you accidentally watched this movie, please give me your opinion.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

The end sucked but I can see the similarities 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Haven't seen it yet, but she strikes me more as a Cassandra Cain.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Sadly have yet to see the actually movie, but after seeing a trailer for it both my girlfriend and I agreed that this was the closes thing to an X-23 movie we had seen.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
    @The Dark Huntress: The girl was genetically modified to maker her stronger, faster and more agile than normal
    ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ambival1
    @joshmightbe said:
    @The Dark Huntress: The girl was genetically modified to maker her stronger, faster and more agile than normal
    So, considering X being a genetically modified clone, they have much in common.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @ambival1: Technically being that X 23 has the DNA of 2 parents she's not a clone she's a test tube baby
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@ambival1 said:

@joshmightbe said:
    So, considering X being a genetically modified clone, they have much in common.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Like I said, hadn't seen the movie, was just going off previews.

In that case, I'm inclined to agree.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

They actually  may  have  something in common (I said something not all). Closest  but, they sure don't look the same at all. Kind of,kind of I am not promising anything I have to see the movie myself before confirming my opinion. 

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979
    @The Dark Huntress
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Dakens son

this blog is a big load of crap!
    Put some thought in it please!

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

I'm gonna see the movie first before I agree but there does seem to be a couple of similarities between the 2 characters.

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By saturnssailor

I just saw the movie and she is good, but she wouldn't be bale to compete with X-23. She was genetically modified to be better, but the modifications don't seem to be that extreme. Hanna seems to only have the skill level of very well trained soldiers (which is still extremely good for a fourteen year old girl). 

Their numerous similarities are pretty obvious, but there are also many differences like how Hanna only had one job while X-23 had many. I think Hanna would more likely make a good friend for X-23, rather than be X-23.

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ambival1
    @saturnssailor said:
    I just saw the movie and she is good, but she wouldn't be bale to compete with X-23. She was genetically modified to be better, but the modifications don't seem to be that extreme. Hanna seems to only have the skill level of very well trained soldiers (which is still extremely good for a fourteen year old girl).  Their numerous similarities are pretty obvious, but there are also many differences like how Hanna only had one job while X-23 had many. I think Hanna would more likely make a good friend for X-23, rather than be X-23.

Thanks for a honest opinion. I think so too – they are similar but obviously not 100% match (otherwise it would be plagiarism). I think that X-23 has a more fascinating story because of the whole tragedy that surrounds her and that moral dilemma (killing machine or innocent victim). Her story is so damn well written.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.