Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

I'm having trouble understanding why....

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

.... I mean her mother died and told her she wasn't a weapon and her name was Laura. Than she finds a life in New X-men and realizes this is what her  mother wanted, than joins X-force and do what Weapon X wanted her to do in the first place? (Figuratively speaking of course)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

No ones ever said the woman was right in the head. Just ake it as "Im a girl with mommy an daddy problems so you f@#k with me ill cut it off at the shaft."

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k2

I think it's because she had friends in the New X-men, and some died. She wants to protect the ones who are left, and revenge the ones who died (coughcoughhellioncough). (she probably thinks he died).

Avatar image for the_cracked_genome
    The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think, ultimately, she is used to following orders (haveing followed them her whole life). She obviously likes and respects Wolverine (as in her earlier apperances she even tries to protect him) so when he called and said come to the mansion she did it and found a place amoung the X-Men. Then after the Messiah Complex and the fall of the X-Men, Cyclops, Wolverine's superior and hers, gave her a new mission to protect mutant kind, a mission she actually believes in, a mission she was willing to give her life for.

DrSumtincool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrSumtincool

I think Cyclops is using her and eventually she is going to realize it and hopefully rearrange his face....

well I can hope.

LauraXx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By LauraXx23

I think she is doing this... She's killing again 'cause it's the only thing she know... Like, she born and Rice hurt her and made she kill her sen-sei and her mom and everyone for the right price and she don't know what's right and what's wrong... if you live all your life killing and no one says that's wrong (except Sarah course) she don't know what's true... For her she was born for this and that's all her life... I think that's is maybe to protect Hellion like k2 said, I guess she's afraid of Kimura... Maybe she think kimura can come and make she kill hellion... He's safe far her...  Sorry, I wish that's the answer for your question, I really don't understand the question... Okay Darkchild is right... Womans are not right in the head principally a girl that don't speak inglish >.<

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine
    DrSumtincool said:
    "I think Cyclops is using her and eventually she is going to realize it and hopefully rearrange his face....well I can hope."

She's doing it on her free will.
    deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By deathswitch
    John Valentine said:
    "DrSumtincool said:
    "I think Cyclops is using her and eventually she is going to realize it and hopefully rearrange his face....well I can hope."
    She's doing it on her free will."
    no. she doesn't have a free will. she is following orders like she always  has done
    Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Sheep-Kill

Still, it would nice to see Cyclops get messed up.  Not killed just mangled up like a broken basket.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Final Arrow
    Sheep-Kill said:
    "Still, it would nice to see Cyclops get messed up.  Not killed just mangled up like a broken basket."
    best post of this month....I fully agree and endorse this statment.
    G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By G-w-D

I hope it leads to a butt load of indepth character development

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

I see it more of a case of 'programming'.  It's what she's comfortable with, so she slips back into the role of assassin so easily.  

K&Y aren't going for in-depth characterisation right now.  I'm sure they'll step it up when X is in the spotlight again (after all, she is their baby).
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Kairan1979
    @deathswitch:
    are you telling me that she was "just following orders" when she knocked out Dust and went to Purifiers mansion instead of her?
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k2

Laura has shown many times that she devloped a strong and purposeful sense of free will. It took balls to let little Henry Sutter live...when her captor, Dr. Zander Rice, ordered her to kill everyone at the Sutter house. It took heart to take Dust's place at the Purifier's mansion, to make sure that the girl would live. Then she returned to her friends, when they were in trouble, and saved them--never having been ordered to. She mortally wounded Deathstrike for hurting Hellion, of her own vocation. She joined X-force for her own, unstated reasons. Then she fought Hellverine all on her own, believing that Julian Keller deserved to live; after that she began a series of decisions that were entirely her own, beginning with leaving Utopia.

She has plenty of free will, case closed.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

She's not really a Weapon it's when people use her for bad things I guess

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.