Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Her healing factor weakened?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EnSabahNurX

SPOILERS

In avengers academy #25 Pym says laura's healing factor is't as strong as wolverine's, but i thought it was stated that her's was superior or at least equal in power. Seriously Gage needs to do his research and learn to write x-23 to at least a decent degree otherwise don't have her in the book at all.(she really seems to only be in it because she is more recognizable to the mainstream)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Her healing factor is way stronger/faster than Wolverine's; I think probably due to her youth. Plus, she doesn't have her whole skeleton laced in Adamantium which clearly speeds up her healing.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

a possible answer is that they have decided to change the effectiveness of her healing factor. I don't believe that each time their is a discrepancy with a character it is due to the fact that the writers has very little knowledge about them, it could be just that they have decided to change how some characters abilities work.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k2

@Kallarkz said:

a possible answer is that they have decided to change the effectiveness of her healing factor. I don't believe that each time their is a discrepancy with a character it is due to the fact that the writers has very little knowledge about them, it could be just that they have decided to change how some characters abilities work.

Why didn't they give any reason for her healing factor suddenly getting weaker, then?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

@Kallarkz: There should have been an in-story event or reasoning for it, in that case. Things shouldn't just happen out of the blue without any provocation.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Please write or email a letter. This book has a letters page, would be great to find out. Tom Brevoort has a Formspring to, so could ask there as well. I'd do that, but I am way too lazy and 5 months behind on comic reading. 

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By jrock85

Welcome to the world of Marvel Comics.

rokusan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rokusan23

Inconsistencies. Psh.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By x_29

@rokusan23: And it is all because of me, I felt the writers with all sorts of lies. HEHEHEHEHEHE

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't feel it's going to wreck, nor wrecks anything personally. A screw-up in comics? See misnamed bridge in Amazing Spider-man and Gwen Stacy debacle. Continuity, character groundwork, and power assessment not observed to the letter? See every mainstream character. Wolverine himself is a walking example, and one of the most popular characters in comics and contemporary fiction to date anyways. It's not that big of a deal. Different writers write characters differently then the ones that come before them. That's as commonplace as death not being permanent in comics and long ago accepted fair play. On side note noting the why's of X-23 being in the book in the first place: I love X-23, more than Wolverine and Avengers Academy for that matter, but in truth she is not there to boost the titles sales. She's there so the book can try and keep her in the spotlight since her own title's sales failed to cancellation and this ones didn't, and demographics show a similar character interest in fan bases between the two. This was the best move for her at this point in time. We're lucky they didn't cut her loose and turn her into a background character like they did the Stepford Cuckoo's after their flash in the pan success. (adding a little clarity, what I mean by this in most other series X-23 would be ordered by importance against other characters and shoved back in favor of more popular characters and writer favorites getting more spotlight themselves, this series however doesn't have those semantics in place and offers the best book for her to stay relevant and focused on, and despite their mistake here, the writer agreed for her to be there in the first place out of interest in writing her.)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.