WW, where to begin?

Avatar image for thatfunnybookguy
#1 Posted by thatfunnybookguy (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I don't want to go too far back, but enough to really get a feel of the character pre-52. I've always shied away from WW because of the reviews and, honestly, it didn't seem that interesting. It's the one major DC character I never fully tried out. I've read all of Azzarello's run in the new 52 so far and I'm loving it. I'm thinking about picking up Odyssey, but leading up to that where do I start and what other books/trades are worth picking up for the quintessential WW experience.

Thanks all.

Avatar image for cbishop
#2 Posted by cbishop (12072 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorite WW stories is actually JLA: A League of One. Why it was a JLA book, I don't know, because it's all Wonder Woman. Excellent story.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#3 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read any of WW's older stories. Neither do I see a point to. Im satisfied with the current WW.

Avatar image for divingfalcon713
#4 Posted by divingfalcon713 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Rucka's run on her. Idk how far back you're willing to go, his run was before all the Infinite Crisis stuff happened. Specifically the volume when she fights Medusa is great.

Avatar image for razzatazz
#5 Posted by RazzaTazz (11946 posts) - - Show Bio
@thatfunnybookguy: The Medusa fight was a good one.  I would suggest the following from volume 2:  issues 1-16, 90-100, 200-219.  All of volume three is pretty good.  
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#6 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop said:

One of my favorite WW stories is actually JLA: A League of One. Why it was a JLA book, I don't know, because it's all Wonder Woman. Excellent story.

Agreed. Wonder Woman The Hiketeia was also pretty good!
Avatar image for cbishop
#7 Posted by cbishop (12072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Noctis said:

Agreed. Wonder Woman The Hiketeia was also pretty good!

The Hiketeia is one I keep meaning to get to, but haven't. I will one day though.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#8 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Step 1: open up an internet browser
Step 2: go too google.com and click images
Step 3: search for Wonder Woman
Step 4: bust out the Kleenex

You have officially caught up.

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#9 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop said:

@Noctis said:

Agreed. Wonder Woman The Hiketeia was also pretty good!

The Hiketeia is one I keep meaning to get to, but haven't. I will one day though.

Cool, and just to to let you know, it's available on Amazon.com :D
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#10 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for cbishop
#11 Posted by cbishop (12072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Noctis said:

Cool, and just to to let you know, it's available on Amazon.com :D

Lack of fun money is the issue right now. When I get to the Hiketeia, it will likely be at a library.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#12 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Noctis said:

@royale_with_cheese:
No Caption Provided
Got milk big boy?
Got milk big boy?
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#13 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop said:

@Noctis said:

Cool, and just to to let you know, it's available on Amazon.com :D

Lack of fun money is the issue right now. When I get to the Hiketeia, it will likely be at a library.

I see. Not having money sucks!
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#14 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: Dude, you are sick, get help! That's a picture to raise awareness for breast cancer, not for perverted reasons.
Avatar image for cbishop
#15 Posted by cbishop (12072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Noctis said:

I see. Not having money sucks!

<shrugs> It happens. It'll work out. In the meantime, there's Comic Vine, the library, unread back issues in my collection. It's all good.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#16 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Noctis said:

@royale_with_cheese: Dude, you are sick, get help! That's a picture to raise awareness for breast cancer, not for perverted reasons.

Yes obviously I'm sick, because I used a picture depicting Wonder Woman touching her breast, as a joke.......get off your high horse.

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#17 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: That's the spirit!
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#18 Edited by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Noctis said:

@royale_with_cheese: Dude, you are sick, get help! That's a picture to raise awareness for breast cancer, not for perverted reasons.

Yes obviously I'm sick, because I used a picture depicting Wonder Woman touching her breast, as a joke.......get off your high horse.

Touching her breast for BREAST CANCER! is NOTHING to joke about. (God forbid) For all we know, someone you care about may already have it and not know it, and you're here thinking it as a joke.
Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
#19 Posted by royale_with_cheese (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Noctis said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Noctis said:

@royale_with_cheese: Dude, you are sick, get help! That's a picture to raise awareness for breast cancer, not for perverted reasons.

Yes obviously I'm sick, because I used a picture depicting Wonder Woman touching her breast, as a joke.......get off your high horse.

Touching her breast for BREAST CANCER! is NOTHING to joke about. (God forbid) For all we know, someone you care about may already have it and not know it, and you're here thinking it as a joke.

I'm not sure if you're being coy or playing dumb, but the joke was not implicit of breast cancer, rather, the fact that Wonder Woman is considered a sex symbol among comic fans. Again; get off your high horse.

Avatar image for jointron33
#20 Posted by jointron33 (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

read George Perez' Gods and Mortals

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.