Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WW or Shazam?

• 73 results
    darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

Both are blessed with powers of the God's

S have more powers, you think WW would be able to out power him?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lilben42

@darthphoenix: Yes.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marvel123

¯\(°_o)/¯............i want to say WW because of her fighting skills, but shazam is underrated sometimes (stuck in the shadow of superman)

wonderW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wonderW

wonder woman can make a lightning attack that comes from Zeus lightning bolt and shazam (captain marvel) uses Zeus lightning to change into a hero. So i was thinking cant she control his powers?

Avatar image for stayclassymarvel
    StayclassyMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By StayclassyMarvel

@wonderW: Absolutely not. Captain Marvel's powers come from the wizard SHAZAM! His mythos has nothing to do with Greek mythology.

But yeah, I'd say it's dead even in raw power. When it comes down to it though, Billy Batson is a ten year old boy and Diana is one of the greatest trained warriors on the planet, powers or no powers.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Press Oblivion
    @darthphoenix said:

Both are blessed with powers of the God's

S have more powers, you think WW would be able to out power him?

yes
    Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Goddessa

Yes, she'll win all the time :)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

No way. Shazam all the way.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Humanoid

Yes.

wonderW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wonderW

@wonderW: Absolutely not. Captain Marvel's powers come from the wizard SHAZAM! His mythos has nothing to do with Greek mythology.

But yeah, I'd say it's dead even in raw power. When it comes down to it though, Billy Batson is a ten year old boy and Diana is one of the greatest trained warriors on the planet, powers or no powers.

SHAZAM Z is for Zeus

Lightning- Captain Marvel uses is Zeus' bolt

ps Diana has just as many powers as him

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darkman61288

Wonder Woman hands down.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Ugh, so much ignorance.

Captain Marvel destroys Wonder Woman.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4_color_image

D is for Diana & Domination!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By evilvegeta74

Shazam is the Mightiest Mortal infused with the power of gods, WW is no god, she is mortal!

ten4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ten4now
    No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman and Capt. Marvel fought they tied

F9L_F4N_T0_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By F9L_F4N_T0_C

I'm gonna go with WW, mainly because of her training.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Backflip

Probably back Wonder Woman due to her skill, but she's outclassed physically.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Press Oblivion

To be honest with you, I picked Wonder Woman because I favor her over Captain Marvel. For all intents and purposes, they look to be about equal though I don't know much about him compared to Wonder Woman.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jphulk26

I think this goes to Cap75 % of the time in a straight fight, but I think WW could out smart or out fight him. Also WW can use magic weapons which would kill Cap.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: cap marvel is not a god either and he is a mortal,he can die too,their powers are the same,their powers come from the same source,they are blessings from the gods,they are equals in power level,but diana is millions of times above him when it comes to fighting skills,that's why she defeated him when they fougth many years ago,and current wonder woman is half god and owned supergirl easely with bracelets on and hlding back,so probably now she is above him in power level too,and she is still way above him in skills.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gokuwarrior

@FadeToBlackBolt: ignorance is you saying that cap marvel destroys wonder woman,that is not true at all,their powers are the same,their powers come from the same source,they are blessings from the gods,they are equals in power level,but diana is millions of times above him when it comes to fighting skills,that's why she defeated him when they fougth many years ago,and current wonder woman is half god and owned supergirl easely with bracelets on and holding back,so probably now she is above him in power level too,and she is still way above him in skills.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By evilvegeta74

@gokuwarrior said:

@evilvegeta74: cap marvel is not a god either and he is a mortal,he can die too,their powers are the same,their powers come from the same source,they are blessings from the gods,they are equals in power level,but diana is millions of times above him when it comes to fighting skills,that's why she defeated him when they fougth many years ago,and current wonder woman is half god and owned supergirl easely with bracelets on and hlding back,so probably now she is above him in power level too,and she is still way above him in skills.

I know , I never said Shazam was a god, I did say he is the mightiest mortal, in Dc thats his tag and his only. No one in Dc has ever held that moniker except Shazam! Furthermore he is infused with the power of various Gods and the wisdom of Solomon making him very wise! I see you spioke of holding back, Nobody does this more often than Shazam, not even Superman! WW couldn't defeat Shazam regardless of how many times they reboot and upgreade her powers at Dc. WW has had more upgrades than a Cadillac through the yrs. Shazam FTW!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: and wonder woman has the wisdom of athena and she is infused with the powers of many gods too,she could never defeat him regardless of how many times they give her upgrades?,HHAH,how do you know that?,any writer can make her as powerful as he/she wants,but just for the record,wonder woman defeated cap marvel when they fought in the past,and going by feats and the standards of both characters,wonder woman has never been below him,face it.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gokuwarrior

@jphulk26:

their powers are the same,their powers come from the same source,they are blessings from the gods,they are equals in power level,but diana is millions of times above him when it comes to fighting skills,that's why she defeated him when they fougth many years ago,and current wonder woman is half god and owned supergirl easely with bracelets on and hlding back,so probably now she is above him in power level too,and she is still way above him in skills.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By evilvegeta74

@gokuwarrior said:

@evilvegeta74: and wonder woman has the wisdom of athena and she is infused with the powers of many gods too,she could never defeat him regardless of how many times they give her upgrades?,HHAH,how do you know that?,any writer can make her as powerful as he/she wants,but just for the record,wonder woman defeated cap marvel when they fought in the past,and going by feats and the standards of both characters,wonder woman has never been below him,face it.

If you can show me a scan, I'd be happy , but you know that he would never go full force with WW, he's technically a kid! You ask me how I know who'd win between the two, my money is on Shazam, because I've seen more from Shazam than WW in comics. Plus I'm ranting,lol, but I will try to find scans to support my belief. I can tell you this though, if there is a major event in Dc, other heroes look toward Shazam for hope when Superman isn't present and not WW, even you can't deny this!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: oh congratulations,you discovered the answers for all the misteries of the universe,LOL!,yes wonder woman has been treated like shit in many importnt events,trating her like the punching bag while others save the day,she has been treated like shit many times in the past,doesn't mean that she is weak and can't beat cap marvel,she just has been victim of bad writting too many times in the past,specially because she is a woman,characters like superman or thor,even cap marvel haven't been victim of bad writting as much as wonder woman,remember the times when writers allowed cap america to own hulk,?,or when they let street level characters humiliate silver surfer?,well in the past,there were times where wonder woman was treated just as bad,and i bet that being victim of bad writting so many times is what makes you think that she can't beat cap marvel,well she can,a well writteng wonder woman has proven that she is one of the most powerful heros in DC,something she was always supposed to be,i know shazam feats,you don't need to post anything,but if you haven't seen enough feats from wonder woman,then you should do more research and you'll find that she has the feats to prove she is a match for cap marvel.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By evilvegeta74

@gokuwarrior said:

@evilvegeta74: oh congratulations,you discovered the answers for all the misteries of the universe,LOL!,yes wonder woman has been treated like shit in many importnt events,trating her like the punching bag while others save the day,she has been treated like shit many times in the past,doesn't mean that she is weak and can't beat cap marvel,she just has been victim of bad writting too many times in the past,specially because she is a woman,characters like superman or thor,even cap marvel haven't been victim of bad writting as much as wonder woman,remember ther times when writers allowed cap america to own hulk,?,or when they let street level character humiliate silver surfer?,well in the past,there were times where wonder woman was treated just as bad,and i bet that being victim of bad writting so many times is what makes you think that she can't beat cap marvel,well she can,a well writteng wonder woman has proven that she is one of the most powerful heros in DC,something she was always supposed to be,i know shazam feats,you don't need to post anything,but if you haven't seen enough feats from wonder woman,then you should do more research and you'll find that she has the feats to prove she is a match for cap marvel.

I grew up with Shazam, actually it was Captain Marvel then. His comic and Marvel Captain Marvel were my first comics. I also grew up with Thor as well.WW I don't really know so much about, she doesn't get the credit due to her. She's basically been a back ground character at Dc from what I've seen over years, planted there because she was a woman. She a good character and deserves to be in the lime light, but Shazam has to many feats. I 'd take her over the Martian Manhunter any day though,I'd even bet money he's the most overhyped guy at DC!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Teerack:

their powers come from the same source,they are blessings from the gods,they are equals in power level,but diana is millions of times above him when it comes to fighting skills,that's why she defeated him when they fougth many years ago,and current wonder woman is half god and owned supergirl easely with bracelets on and holding back,so probably now she is above him in power level too,and she is still way above him in skills.

stop underestimating her ok?,she proved msny times,that she is powerful enough to fight characters like superman,and skillful enough to defeat characters like supergirl,powergirl and cap marvel,she defeated all of them,because their power levels are pretty equals,but she is a much better figther so she outfought them eventually.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74: there is where you are wrong,martian manhunter would beat wonder woman eventually after a good fight,he is superman's equal physically plus much more powers,mind attacks,force fields,intangibility,etc,manhunter would defeat shazam too,DC would never let man hunter beat superman,but he could.

shazam hasn't more feats,and if you look t wonder woman fets you'll see she has enough fears to prove that she is a match for shazam.

with this new rebot i hope DC starts to treat their females better,specially wonder woman who is supposed to be one of the big 3,one of the trinity,and i want to see her in epic fights showing her skils and using her super speed to fight,combining her super speed with martial arts move(i want her to do this more than before) and fight against planet busting beings,wonder woman's villans like ares(sky-father level),shouldn't be anything less than a being above planet busting level.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior: just a trouble,the new 52 wonder woman not as skill as pre-52 wonder woman..

though in logic,new 52 wonder woman would be far stronger than pre-52,(pre-52 wonder woman just moving 1/3 of the earth..she even can't lift 1/3 of the earth weight,lift was more hard than move)when new 52 superman easily lift earth weight

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gokuwarrior

@a88378438: we still haven't seen new 52 wonder woman doing something to put her above pre 52 wonder woman,but she has the potential to be more powerful than her pre 52 version,and her fighting skills will have more development too,it's a matter of time.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior: yeah,that why i say in logic....

pre-52 superman strength level around 1/3 Of the earth...

ww was close him

so,New 52 superman easily lift earth weight,in logic,ww was always with him

and New 52 ww has more power(eh,bracelets),i can save say new 52 should be far stronger than pre 52,just need time to prove it,just it

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33  Edited By Pokeysteve

@ten4now said:

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman and Capt. Marvel fought they tied

The end result was a tie because the fight was never finished. Not because one couldn't put the other down. More importantly she showed the ability to dodge his attacks easily and he couldn't dodge hers.

He was blood lusted here also so the holding back argument won't work. She beats him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@gokuwarrior: Shazam and the new Wonder Woman have powers that are meant to be very vague and completely up in the air. There isn't any reason one should beat the other and this just comes down to who you like more.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Pokeysteve: what do you think about what the user teerack says?,i quote.

"and the new Wonder Woman have powers that are meant to be very vague and completely up in the air. There isn't any reason one should beat the other and this just comes down to who you like more".

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Teerack: no,their powers aren't vague,they have enough consistent feats to know how powerful they are supposed to be,before new 52,wonder woman proved to be powerful enough to match him,and skillful enough to outfight him,now in the new 52,we'll have to wait to see if they are still equals in power,obiously wonder woman will still be the better figther.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Teerack

@gokuwarrior: If you think basing their powers off feats isn't vague that's silly. Regardless they have never shown the limits if there are any of Shazam, and the the new Wonder Woman is stronger then she used to be and we know next to nothing about how strong she is.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Teerack: if we can't use feats and official profiles to determinate power levels,then every chatacter has vague powers,it's obious that every character has a certain standard when it comes to power level and that standard is supported by the feats that they show more often,those feats are the ones that have the purpose to prove their real capabilities stated in their official profiles.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By evilvegeta74

@gokuwarrior said:

@Teerack: if we can't use feats and official profiles to determinate power levels,then every chatacter has vague powers,it's obious that every character has a certain standard when it comes to power level and that standard is supported by the feats that they show more often,those feats are the ones that have the purpose to prove their real capabilities stated in their official profiles.

Agreed!

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Goddessa

This is not even an issue. A guy who battles a worm versus a girl who battles gods?! LOL

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By marvel123

@gokuwarrior said:

@evilvegeta74: there is where you are wrong,martian manhunter would beat wonder woman eventually after a good fight,he is superman's equal physically plus much more powers,mind attacks,force fields,intangibility,etc,manhunter would defeat shazam too,DC would never let man hunter beat superman,but he could.

so, you think Martian manhunter would beat the mighty WW....interesting. miss martian doesn't have as many showings, so she doesn't have many feats, but the martian principle still applies. she should be able to beat WW after a good fight as well. if Martian manhunter can do it then why can't miss martian? is it because she is a female, is she not equal to martian manhunter? ( she can shapeshift,perform mind attacks, force fields, intangibility, telekinesis, super strength/speed, heat vision ect). DC won't let WW loose to any other top tier female hero just like they " would never let manhunter beat superman"........although some of them could beat her

just like it may appear as if WW is stuck under the shadow of some male characters, there are other females who are stuck under WW's shadow........females that should at least be equal to their male counterparts

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, did someone sneak a battle thread in here?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gokuwarrior

@marvel123 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

so, you think Martian manhunter would beat the mighty WW....interesting. miss martian doesn't have as many showings, so she doesn't have many feats, but the martian principle still applies. she should be able to beat WW after a good fight as well. if Martian manhunter can do it then why can't miss martian? is it because she is a female, is she not equal to martian manhunter? ( she can shapeshift,perform mind attacks, force fields, intangibility, telekinesis, super strength/speed, heat vision ect). DC won't let WW loose to any other top tier female hero just like they " would never let manhunter beat superman"........although some of them could beat her

just like it may appear as if WW is stuck under the shadow of some male characters, there are other females who are stuck under WW's shadow........females that should at least be equal to their male counterparts

i don't know about new 52 wonder woman and manhunter,i still don't know how powerful they are in the new 52,52 manhunter hasn't shown to be as powerful as before,he hasn't shown feats near the physical level of new 52 superman,new 52 wonder woman seems to have the potential to be more powerful than her pre 52 version,we still don't know her limits,i was talking about pre 52 version of the characters.

miss martian is not as powerful as manhunter and probably she will never be,just like donna troy and wonder girl will never match wonder woman level,DC won't let their younger versions match the level of the originals,manhunter and wonder woman will always be more powerful and experienced than their younger versions.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Teerack

@gokuwarrior: I didn't say anything about official profiles and using feats is vague unless it states measurements or is something that can be measured, but besides that you completely missed my point. Feats are irrelevant for these two heroes because their power may be infinite So it's a really up in the air call. You think WW because she's a better fighter that's fine. I think Shazam because he's faster.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By a88378438

@gokuwarrior: martian,shazam,wonder woman,these charater always almost as strong as superman,if new 52 superman can lift earth weight with easily,why shazam can't,martian can't,ww can't?

so bro,i belive they are can do this

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By SoA

Im just going to go with Capt (shazam) Marvel , since he is my favorite of the two.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Teerack said:

@gokuwarrior: I didn't say anything about official profiles and using feats is vague unless it states measurements or is something that can be measured, but besides that you completely missed my point. Feats are irrelevant for these two heroes because their power may be infinite So it's a really up in the air call. You think WW because she's a better fighter that's fine. I think Shazam because he's faster.

But he isn't...

Pre52 WW can block a blitzing Superman from within the same room. Travel speed maybe he has her but that isn't going to help him in a fight.

New52 Shazam has no speed feats. Or any feats for that matter.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Teerack

@Pokeysteve: Shazam can move and keep up with Superman and Flash. The new JL origin made it seem like WW defiantly couldn't move that fast...

wonderW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wonderW

@Teerack: @Pokeysteve: Shazam can move and keep up with Superman and Flash. The new JL origin made it seem like WW defiantly couldn't move that fast...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

yes she can

1 one superseed to take down supergirl

2 scan wonder woman and superman superspeed flying to save the city

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Teerack

@wonderW: Eh. I still don't think she's win. Not because she isn't crazy powerful, but simply because Superman is always treated by DC as this limitless power house that couldn't be beat if he cut loose, and the way they handle Shazam they often make it seem as if he's Superman's equal. So I'm not saying it's wrong if anyone thinks WW would win I just think that considering the past treatments of the characters it's more likely for Shazam to win.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.