WW Current Height & Weight-What was it in the past?

#1 Posted by GWHH (796 posts) - - Show Bio

According, to DC Comics Reference guide 2004 edtion. Wonder Woman Height & Weights 6 Foot Tall & 165 Pounds.

What was her weight and height in the past? And what was her weight and height in 1941?

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
#2 Edited by kapitein_zeppos (360 posts) - - Show Bio

In Wonder Woman Secret Files (late 90's) she was 5'11 and 135 pounds. I recently saw an issue of Superman or Action Comics and she looked taller than Superman who is 6'3" ...

According to http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=wonderwomanga, she may have been 5'8" and 122 lbs.

#3 Posted by GWHH (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@kapitein_zeppos said: Intersting

Known Relatives: Queen Hippolyta (mother), General Steve Trevor (husband), Hippolyta Trevor (daughter)

Base of Operation: Washington D.C.

Group Affiliation: Justice Society of America, All-Star Squadron

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 122 lbs.

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black

First Appearance:All-Star Comics #8 (December 1941-January 1942)

In Wonder Woman Secret Files (late 90's) she was 5'11 and 135 pounds. I recently saw an issue of Superman or Action Comics and she looked taller than Superman who is 6'3" ...

According to http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=wonderwomanga, she may have been 5'8" and 122 lbs.

#4 Edited by SayaOtonashi (213 posts) - - Show Bio

5,11 when she first appear. In some alt worlds she 6,3 without the boots.Well right now she might be taller than Superman but she is wearing heels. Which could be the reason but i highly doubt it seeing how small the heels are.

#5 Posted by krspaceT (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

She's taller than I am and weighs a lot less

#6 Posted by GWHH (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@kapitein_zeppos said:

She is wearing HIGH heels boots. Those got to add at least 2 or 3 inches to her overall height!

#7 Posted by Press Oblivion (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

The proportions that Cliff Chang had given her in the comic certainly suggest that she is a big woman :D

#8 Posted by GWHH (796 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna Troy for compansion is 5 9 and 143 lbs.

#9 Posted by 4_color_image (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has steadily been growing over the years to keep her in line as taller than the average female of the general population. She is now 6 foot+. It has been said she is taller than Superman but that is rarely shown, Justice League: New Frontier is on of the few instances of this. Remember, she is an Amazon & 'historically' they are taller than a typical female.

Pre-52 Donna was a smaller version of Diana due to all the trauma experienced from the 1000s of tragic lives Dark Angel put her through.

#10 Posted by LexLuthor (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Wonder Woman being taller than Supes. Really liked how Darwyn Cooke illustrated this in 'New Frontier'

2704889-tumblr_lykx7cU3FR1rov42mo1_500.jpg
#11 Posted by GWHH (796 posts) - - Show Bio

@4_color_image said:

You mean 2008 Justice League: New Frontier movie?

Wonder Woman has steadily been growing over the years to keep her in line as taller than the average female of the general population. She is now 6 foot+. It has been said she is taller than Superman but that is rarely shown, Justice League: New Frontier is on of the few instances of this. Remember, she is an Amazon & 'historically' they are taller than a typical female.

Pre-52 Donna was a smaller version of Diana due to all the trauma experienced from the 1000s of tragic lives Dark Angel put her through.

#12 Edited by GWHH (796 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by jobbernos (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

i think she should be 5'8 to 5'10, its easier to cast an actress for that height. while in the 6'0 range its too hard.

#14 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1394 posts) - - Show Bio
2760452-22_23.jpg
#15 Posted by Press Oblivion (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

6' tall! I prefer 5'12"

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#16 Posted by phoenixdiamond616 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

6' tall

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#17 Edited by phoenixdiamond616 (542 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

6 footer. The good old 5'12 as of now.

And for comparison Gal's suppose to be 5'10, though some people have said she's only 5'9. Still tall though.

-xoxo, Saint Sophie

#19 Posted by SomayaReece (4317 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_sophie: Apparently she looked taller than Ben and that other guy on a panel

#20 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

@somayareece: Damn, heels can do wonders.. In reality unless her heels are making her 7 inches taller, no way she's actually gonna be taller than Ben, :p.

-xoxo, Saint Sophie

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#21 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (1565 posts) - - Show Bio
4764295-ww whos who entry pre crisis earth one.jpg

WW's Who's Who entry pre-Crisis 5'11" 135 pounds

4764299-ww who's who.jpg

WW's Who's Who entry post-Crisis 5'11" 135 pounds

#22 Posted by SomayaReece (4317 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_sophie: Oh I know that lol but I actually would support the idea of WW being taller than Supes and Bats. The amazons are suppose to be somewhat like giants afterall.

#23 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (5642 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the 6 footer comments, but...saying that she's just 135 pounds it's everything but realistic...even if we are talking about the current Wonder Woman that is one of the skiniest versions of her, ever, she still weights way more than 135 pounds...and if we are talking about Brian Azarello's Wonder Woman, then, 135 pounds would be if we cut her legs off.

#24 Edited by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc: I think it can. She's typically drawn to just be skinny with somewhat of a decent rack. Sometimes she has abs. Depending on who draws her. :p. 135 seems pluauisble given how she's typically not drawn to be all intimidating or muscular like Clark or Bruce.

-xoxo, Saint Sophie

Avatar image for willienotwilliam
#25 Posted by Willienotwilliam (1626 posts) - - Show Bio
4767189-4745721-tumblr_miwf6lwmpz1rz1rzuo1_500.jpg

#26 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (5642 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc: I think it can. She's typically drawn to just be skinny with somewhat of a decent rack. Sometimes she has abs. Depending on who draws her. :p. 135 seems pluauisble given how she's typically not drawn to be all intimidating or muscular like Clark or Bruce.

-xoxo, Saint Sophie

yeah, but still...i'm about 6"1 and 140 pounds, and i'm pretty skinny...i ofen go to the gym but because i have a very acelarated metabolism, i can't get big, i would have to eat twice as i currently eat, and i already eat alot...anyway, the point is, a woman of Diana's structure would be way heavier than me...she would have to weight 180 pounds, at least.

#27 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (5642 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, no-one is saying that she's not hot, she is, but her weight it's unrealistic, that's all.

If she existed in real-lfe she would be considered by the majority as very-hot, but she would not weight just 135 pounds, that's for sure.

#28 Edited by dshipp17 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@bat_girl_cc said:

Dude, no-one is saying that she's not hot, she is, but her weight it's unrealistic, that's all.

If she existed in real-lfe she would be considered by the majority as very-hot, but she would not weight just 135 pounds, that's for sure.

But, take a look at the build of Ronda Rousey. She weighs 135, but is shaped as Wonder Woman is often drawn; although she's only 135, she looks very bulky and muscular.

#29 Posted by MakkyD (6923 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

But, take a look at the build of Ronda Rousey. She weighs 135, but is shaped as Wonder Woman is often drawn; although she's only 135, she looks very bulky and muscular.

Ronda Rousey is only 5' 72 though. That same weight would have to be stretched out if she was 6 foot or so. That's why BMI differs depending on height, a short bulky guy could have the same weight as a tall guy, but the tall guy might look skinny in comparison.

#30 Edited by dshipp17 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio
@maccyd said:
@dshipp17 said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

Ronda Rousey is only 5' 72 though. That same weight would have to be stretched out if she was 6 foot or so. That's why BMI differs depending on height, a short bulky guy could have the same weight as a tall guy, but the tall guy might look skinny in comparison.

Sure, but adding those few inches and Ronda would look approximately like Wonder Woman in that Golden Age scan or even slightly thicker; Ronda would have to look a bit skinny, but she doesn't; Wonder Woman would look that thin (as implied), if she were around 6'3'' or taller with Ronda's frame, but not at about 6'0''; it's sort of a close stretch. The female body frame is very different from a male's body frame in terms of expected bulk and muscle mass appearance.

#31 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (5642 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:
@maccyd said:
@dshipp17 said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

Sure, but adding those few inches and Ronda would look approximately like Wonder Woman in that Golden Age scan or even slightly thicker; Ronda would have to look a bit skinny, but she doesn't; Wonder Woman would look that thin (as implied), if she were around 6'3'' or taller with Ronda's frame, but not at about 6'0''; it's sort of a close stretch. The female body frame is very different from a male's body frame in terms of expected bulk and muscle mass appearance.

Ronda's body it's alright, because she's tall, the thing is woman that train alot and do fighting etc, normally are muscular, have small boobs and small ass, even Serena Williams who is a tennis player makes a regular guy look tinny in size...in short they do stuff like man and end up looking more like man than other woman, but Ronda is far from being too big, i still find her attractive, woman that do cultural stuff tho, which purpose it's only getting bigger and bigger and more muscular those are not attractive, they make big guys look like skinny girls.

#32 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry about bumping this.. but is Wonder Woman still 6 ft? It's weird.. tbh she never's drawn as tall as her other JL counterparts nowadays.. always give me slightly shorter vibes.. I also ask this because according this article title from 2 months ago, it claims she's now 6'2.. I didn't read all of it though..

http://www.newsarama.com/29250-rebirth-wonder-woman-is-6-2-strong-striking-all-woman.html

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

#33 Posted by SomayaReece (4317 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman was pretty tall in the cartoon. I think she should be in the 6 feet range. Amazons suppose to be huge anyways I think.

#34 Posted by dshipp17 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry about bumping this.. but is Wonder Woman still 6 ft? It's weird.. tbh she never's drawn as tall as her other JL counterparts nowadays.. always give me slightly shorter vibes.. I also ask this because according this article title from 2 months ago, it claims she's now 6'2.. I didn't read all of it though..

http://www.newsarama.com/29250-rebirth-wonder-woman-is-6-2-strong-striking-all-woman.html

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Already discussed in http://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/wonder-woman-1-spoilers-1800841/#21; she's just shy of 6'3''.

#35 Edited by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

Already discussed in http://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/wonder-woman-1-spoilers-1800841/#21; she's just shy of 6'3''.

Thanks. :D.

I just want to say she is in full Wonder Woman garb and she is almost always drawn some sort of heeled boot so she could still be the 6'0 she was given in the beginning during Azz's run but 6'2-3 in heels. In fact, I believe that's the estimates she was given for height wise in no platform heeled shoes.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

#36 Posted by dshipp17 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

Thanks. :D.

I just want to say she is in full Wonder Woman garb and she is almost always drawn some sort of heeled boot so she could still be the 6'0 she was given in the beginning during Azz's run but 6'2-3 in heels. In fact, I believe that's the estimates she was given for height wise in no platform heeled shoes.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Oh, yes, that's a very good point; she was probably in her heels.

#37 Posted by Alex_1333 (-1 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's weight for females as well as Marvel's is ridiculous. Not realistic at all unless there bodyfat percentage is sub 10%. Like c'mon.

#38 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's weight for females as well as Marvel's is ridiculous. Not realistic at all unless there bodyfat percentage is sub 10%. Like c'mon.

Well Diana for example is 6'0 and 165 lbs. I guess in the end some suspension must be done as it's fiction..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

#39 Posted by dshipp17 (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

@alex_1333 said:

Well Diana for example is 6'0 and 165 lbs. I guess in the end some suspension must be done as it's fiction..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Where did it say that Diana was 165? Last I heard, she was 145.

#40 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Picture in post #14.

Height: 6'0

Weight: 165 lbs.

#41 Edited by GrandWonder (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be above 6'1" and not more than 6'4".

Her weight should be not more than 140 and not less than 125.

She's supposed to have a supermodel physique. Those who want her built like a tank just didn't get it. I might even accuse them as Marvel fans and WW haters at the same time.

Her strength is magical. She doesn't need to be built like a male bodybuilder to be superstrong.

#42 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be above 6'1" and not more than 6'4".

Her weight should be not more than 140 and not less than 125.

She's supposed to have a supermodel physique. Those who want her built like a tank just didn't get it. I might even accuse them as Marvel fans and WW haters at the same time.

Her strength is magical. She doesn't need to be built like a male bodybuilder to be superstrong.

Given those specifics I get a weird picture of body wise, maybe a little bit more someone Maria Sharpova (6'2) or Karlie Kloss (she's 6'1-6'2 and a supermodel) with these specifics.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.