Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

WonderWoman!!!!

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TAneT62

Ok I found these pics on another thread and was hoping and wondering if they were real! ... As in a movie real.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

Fanart, good fanart but fanart nonetheless. Sorry.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TAneT62

@Aiden Cross said:

Oh dum .. it looks amazing .. better than that of the so called professional directors and costume desighners.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

@TAneT62: if it helps that actress would be graet as ww

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

I wish that were real......

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ARMIV2

That's a really good fake.

Murder_2120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Murder_2120

She looks fantastic! I stated in another post that I dont think Wonder Woman would succeed in her own movie. It's never the hero that sells a movie but the villain. Wonder Woman doe not have a great villain that would transfer well to the big screen.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

Fake but really really convincing. I think DC needs to look at these pics and use these ideas.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

I'm a Hollywood exec, I have never heard of Wonder Woman, never read a comic book in my life and somebody tells me I should make a movie about some Xena clone based on those pictures ???

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#10  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@kapitein_zeppos said:

I'm a Hollywood exec, I have never heard of Wonder Woman, never read a comic book in my life and somebody tells me I should make a movie about some Xena clone based on those pictures ???

you realize of course that Xena first appeared in the 1990s where as Wonder Woman in 1941, correct?

Also, not to be mean, but if you have never read a comic book in your life, why are you on Comic Vine? I'm just curious...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kapitein_zeppos: You're a member of a comic website but you've never read a comic book?... Um, why is that?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman  Online
    @The Poet@divingfalcon713: I don't think he is really saying that he is an exec but saying it in a way to put you inside an execs head. 
    Never the less being I find it ridicules that someone hasn't heard of Wonder Woman just because they haven't read a comic book before. She isn't just some random character.
    TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TAneT62

@kapitein_zeppos said:

A Xena clone? it's quite the opposite if you ask me ... WW came out in 1941, Xena in the 1990s and yet you refer her to a clone? LOL. Hollywood exuctive huh, well i don't believe it for starters and if you were a hollywood exec you would have heard of WW. And don't attempt to make a WW movie, we don't need another "Clone" in the failed relaunch of WW in 2011.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Folks, I was talking figuratively, but when I see all those redesigns, I keep seeing a kind of brightly painted Xena and stuff like that makes it much harder to sell to Hollywood as they would just assume it's a clone, they don't give a crap about who was first or whatever, they may know Xena had a big tv presence a decade ago and at best may be vaguely aware there was a series back in the dark ages involving Wonder Woman. But since both Xena and WW were heavily camped up, you're facing a major uphill struggle. Ask any random person on the street about Wonder Woman and they will probably be able to condense here into a kind of Xena meets superman, wears a bathing suit and ... erm ... erm ... I bet most people can't even give you one WW villain whereas everybody heard of Joker or Lex Luthor.

Most of the people here are comic book fans and have lots more knowledge of the subject than the average Joe or Betty. But you may as well ask the name of any of the Marshals of Napoleon, they are famous to everybody except the general public. See the recent John Carter film, the books are the cornerstone of modern Science Fiction and Fantasy stories, everybody borrowed from these stories and while John Carter and Dejah Thoris are legendary among fans of the genre, the general public collectively went "huh ?" and figured it was just a big Attack of the Clones ripoff.

BTW, here a very nice cosplay of the photos above, gives you an idea what it may look like on screen. (And it STILL looks better than the failed pilot's costume) http://superherophotography.co.uk/wonder-woman/

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Murder_2120 said:

She looks fantastic! I stated in another post that I dont think Wonder Woman would succeed in her own movie. It's never the hero that sells a movie but the villain. Wonder Woman doe not have a great villain that would transfer well to the big screen.

Ares would do fine 
    jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Aiden Cross said:

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evilvegeta74

You should just do some research on the charaters if he or she peaks your interest,thats the only suggestion I could give you,based on the facts that you don't have any comic book knowledge. That being being said you can always wiki a character such as Wonder Woman to get a quick run of her history.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By evilvegeta74

Is that the How I Met Your mother chick?

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By bloggerboy

@Murder_2120 said:

Wonder Woman does have good villains. The god of war himself, Ares. If you think that doesn't translate well to a big screen then have a look at the movie Thor.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By bloggerboy

@kapitein_zeppos said:

Folks, I was talking figuratively, but when I see all those redesigns, I keep seeing a kind of brightly painted Xena and stuff like that makes it much harder to sell to Hollywood as they would just assume it's a clone, they don't give a crap about who was first or whatever, they may know Xena had a big tv presence a decade ago and at best may be vaguely aware there was a series back in the dark ages involving Wonder Woman. But since both Xena and WW were heavily camped up, you're facing a major uphill struggle. Ask any random person on the street about Wonder Woman and they will probably be able to condense here into a kind of Xena meets superman, wears a bathing suit and ... erm ... erm ... I bet most people can't even give you one WW villain whereas everybody heard of Joker or Lex Luthor.

I'm not saying it's an easy task but if we're talking about the camp issue then in the sixties and afterwards all the way to the late 80's Batman's image was tied to the Adam West tv-series. Then Burton's Batman came along and changed the public concensus. Christopher Nolan changed it again with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The campness should not be an issue especially after Thor.

The fact Wonder Woman is known one way or the other is a huge plus on her side. Practically everyone knows her visual image! It should be easy to market in a movie! Nobody outside of comics knew who Thor or Iron Man were before their movies came along. If people think the movie is a Xena clone...well Xena was good so they'll go see it! Then when people have seen it they know Wonder Woman and if the movie was good you got a new franchise right there. You got an already iconic character possibly even getting another golden age in terms of public knowledge and popularity.

Everybody's heard of Wonder Woman's main villain (they just don't connect him to WW). It's Ares! You don't get more perfect villain. The concept is already a part of pop culture and being a god of war sets the stakes high and tells everything we need to know about the character. At least for movie execs.

It's funny, people don't know enough about Wonder Woman to realize they DO KNOW quite a lot about Wonder Woman because it's HEAVILY BASED on Greek Mythology. Clash/Wrath of the Titans, Immortals, 300 etc. show that there's a market for those kinds of mythic tales.

If the problem is the fact there will be a female lead (box office poison) then (try) hire Angelina Jolie. While not my WW canditate she can at least pull off the look and the action. If you're still not convinced or can't get Angelina Jolie then take a look at the Twilight films and Hunger Games (the fact there's a female lead and the box office). Again, I'm thinking this the way movie execs would think, not what would actually make a good movie. :D

wonderW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By wonderW
    No Caption Provided
    @Murder_2120: She looks fantastic! I stated in another post that I dont think Wonder Woman would succeed in her own movie. It's never the hero that sells a movie but the villain. Wonder Woman doe not have a great villain that would transfer well to the big screen.

you need to read up on her villains.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GWHH

great drawings. keep them coming.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.