Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Womans Role in Superman Doomed

• 154 results
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

@archizoom@dshipp17@scorpio_cassadine@darknightspideyfanboy

I've gotta hear what you WW fans (and others) have to say about Wonder Woman's role in the 3 Doomed books this week. I was hoping she would shine at least a little, but basically its a case of "move aside wonder woman only I am powerful enough for this job".... isn't it?!

..at least she lasted a bit longer than Steel did before Clark brushed her aside and did his thing. Frankly the power gap between Superman and WW is chasmic after this little story....maybe Power Woman is right after all !!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

tags dont work in op's btw

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am usually the first to jump to WW's defense and I believe she should get more respect when teamed with supes, but to be fair she basically beat the crap out of Doomsday before Superman showed up, that's a massive buff from having her arm broken with one punch in one of the recent Supes/WW books. It does feel a little off that they have Superman just move everyone else aside and saying that he is the only one who can stand up to Doomsday, but at least Diana wasn't showed as weak. In my opinion the one who was treated badly in this book was Doomsday himself, he just seems really weak and gets his ass beat by everyone.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Superguy1591

@bezza: It was actually, move aside JL, only Superman can survive long enough to do damage. For the last time, THEYRE NOT EQUALS!

Wonder Woman cannot stand up to Kal-El in terms of strength or durability, ghats why she has braclets.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae:

WW Beating the crap out of Doomsday? hmm, in the two pages of their encounter DD shrugged off her sword strike and was starting to close in before Superman came along..but fair play, she showed good endurance shrugging off DDs energy blast which had toasted John Steel and no arms broken this timel!

@superguy1591 Hey, I know they're not equals, but WW is supposed to be the "most powerful woman on the planet", according to this week's Action Comics.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Yeah, but she's not as durable as Superman. Aside from Superman, she's the only one who actually made a dent in Doomsday.

Superman only survived because he is an alien, his chemical make up is strong than the others.

jdhaddad1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No broken arms is a good thing, although in fairness to that story (even though I was irritated by it too), she did get caught unprepared by Doomsday in the first encounter. I am very tired of Superman though ... I feel they are not doing his character justice by continually making him more powerful. He's painfully one directional at this point ... I thought the whole point of the SM/WW book was to explore threats that were so powerful it took them BOTH to overcome them ... instead they seem to set up threats that are too powerful for the entire JL to manage, then show that SM can do all by himself. Which I think is boring.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

That's a shame, I was particularly looking forward to what @archizoom has to say, for example, as a strong critic of the Wonder Woman playing second fiddle to Superman thing...

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

I am usually the first to jump to WW's defense and I believe she should get more respect when teamed with supes, but to be fair she basically beat the crap out of Doomsday before Superman showed up, that's a massive buff from having her arm broken with one punch in one of the recent Supes/WW books. It does feel a little off that they have Superman just move everyone else aside and saying that he is the only one who can stand up to Doomsday, but at least Diana wasn't showed as weak. In my opinion the one who was treated badly in this book was Doomsday himself, he just seems really weak and gets his ass beat by everyone.

Fair enough, she didn't fare poorly against Doomsday per se but that's partly because she's properly accessorized. It was explicitly said that no one but Superman could've last longer than 10 minutes against the beast. Luckily for Wonder Woman, he intercepted them otherwise who knows what horrible things Doomsday would've done to her. This new Wonder Woman is incredibly dependent on i) her weapons ii) men, namely Superman. Why can't Wonder Woman just take care of herself. I don't have a place in my heart for a dependable Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom I agree, I don't understand who made the decision to make a sword a constant in her armor. Pre-52, she has used them before, but she never relied on them. One of the things that drew me to WW is that she packed so much power with a seemingly limited arsenal. One would easily assume she'd be unprepared for most fights, but she should pack a whollop.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchiZoom

@wonderwomanfan8: I actually like swordswomen (Elle Driver, Teresa of the Faint smile, Magik) but since the Justice league has a no-killing policy and Wonder Woman doesn't kill unless strictly necessary, I don't see the point of having one strapped to her leg. Now it's like she's useless without her accessories. Why would anyone in their right mind have Wonder Woman wound Hal with an instrument of death and point her sword at an innocent man selling ice cream in the street, it's beyond my ken. Yesterday Soule's Wonder Woman was knocking on doors looking for her boyfriend, somehow the halfwit forgot to knock on his first (!?) She learns her boyfriend, who'd been ignoring her, phoned Lois Lane, the woman that until recently she shared his heart with, and didn't lose her shit at least a bit..

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArchiZoom

@bezza: It was actually, move aside JL, only Superman can survive long enough to do damage. For the last time, THEYRE NOT EQUALS!

Wonder Woman cannot stand up to Kal-El in terms of strength or durability, ghats why she has braclets.

But they SHOULD BE. I'm sorry but the strongest Woman can't possibly be so mediocre compared to Superman though she's spent her youth improving herself. What's that supposed to mean? That's telling little girls no matter how hard they try they'll never be as good as boys.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PowerWoman

I'm very happy

People know what it's the true,yes,DC never really care about wonder woman is most powerful woman or not,but even if she is most powerful woman,she still nothing to do with most powerful man,superman

Why?lol

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By linkjt

@superguy1591 said:

@bezza: Yeah, but she's not as durable as Superman. Aside from Superman, she's the only one who actually made a dent in Doomsday.

Superman only survived because he is an alien, his chemical make up is strong than the others.

she shouldn't be far behind superman in durability and strength,there is no pont in doing this random upgrades for superman,where he shows to be more powerful than the whole JL,it's pointless because after that he goes back to levels where we know he wouldn't beat the entire JL,he holds back?,but why doesn't he go all out in all the other countless times that he lost single combats if he is supposed to be more powerful than the whole JL?,they just make him inconsiostent in his feats when they go this path.

since wonder woman hasn't embraced her full power after her new upgrade,i guess we will see better feats from her in the future,and let's hope they stop making superman more powerful than the whole JL for a few stories,only to contradict themselves in the next stories when he loses to less powerful opponents than the power of the JL combined,that is the big problem with the plot device upgrades.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No broken arms is a good thing, although in fairness to that story (even though I was irritated by it too), she did get caught unprepared by Doomsday in the first encounter. I am very tired of Superman though ... I feel they are not doing his character justice by continually making him more powerful. He's painfully one directional at this point ... I thought the whole point of the SM/WW book was to explore threats that were so powerful it took them BOTH to overcome them ... instead they seem to set up threats that are too powerful for the entire JL to manage, then show that SM can do all by himself. Which I think is boring.

she shouldn't be far behind superman in durability and strength,there is no pont in doing this random upgrades for superman,where he shows to be more powerful than the whole JL,it's pointless because after that he goes back to levels where we know he wouldn't beat the entire JL,he holds back?,but why doesn't he go all out in all the other countless times that he lost single combats if he is supposed to be more powerful than the whole JL?,they just make him inconsiostent in his feats when they go this path.

since wonder woman hasn't embraced her full power after her new upgrade,i guess we will see better feats from her in the future,and let's hope they stop making superman more powerful than the whole JL for a few stories,only to contradict themselves in the next stories when he loses to less powerful opponents than the power of the JL combined,that is the big problem with the plot device upgrades.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerWoman

@linkjt: No,superman always most powerful than all the JLA

Go to read it,pre-crisis,that was tradition for superman,no one can toe with toe fight to darkseid,but superman can,no one can beat doomsday,but superman can,no one can move planets,but superman can

Superman not just super-man,he was surpass everyone,anyone,everything,he was god and

Jesus Christ,the
    UltimateLight,only he can beat Ultimate dark
    linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: No,superman always most powerful than all the JLA

Go to read it,pre-crisis,that was tradition for superman,no one can toe with toe fight to darkseid,but superman can,no one can beat doomsday,but superman can,no one can move planets,but superman can

Superman not just super-man,he was surpass everyone,anyone,everything,he was god and

Jesus Christ,the

Ultimate Light,only he can beat Ultimate dark

that is the problem,superman is not more powerful than all the JL,most of the time he loses single combat with characters that can't take on the whole JL;there is no pont in doing this random upgrades for superman,where he shows to be more powerful than the whole JL,it's pointless because after that he goes back to levels where we know he wouldn't beat the entire JL,he holds back?,but why doesn't he go all out in all the other countless times that he lost single combats if he is supposed to be more powerful than the whole JL?,they just make him inconsiostent in his feats when they go this path.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: Pre-crisis:Sneeze destroy solar system

Post-crisis:hold black hole in his hands

New 52:Bench earth weight five days

I'm sure superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all the hero

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very happy

People know what it's the true,yes,DC never really care about wonder woman is most powerful woman or not,but even if she is most powerful woman,she still nothing to do with most powerful man,superman

Why?lol

Why do you post here again?

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

many JL members have better fetas than superman and proved to be more powerful when they go all out,manhunter and flash for example.

you need to analize the feats in perspective,superman is not consistent in those feats,after brenching the earth he went to struggle with way less in countless feats and lost to characters that haven't that strength,there is no point in a big feat if it is going to be contradicted by all the feats that come after.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@powerwoman said:

many JL members have better fetas than superman and proved to be more powerful when they go all out,manhunter and flash for example.

you need to analize the feats in perspective,superman is not consistent in those feats,after brenching the earth he went to struggle with way less in countless feats and lost to characters that haven't that strength,there is no point in a big feat if it is going to be contradicted by all the feats that come after.

contradicted?you mean when superman push planets 100000 times and beat almost most powerful Villain when no one can do that?

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excuse my language, but what the hell is the point of having a Justice League if Superman's strong enough to do every damn thing?

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: contradiction with superman brenching the earth and all his feats that came after.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: really?

Superman push worldwar,worldwar=moon of size

Superman push entire planet

Superman beat doomsday

Superman say supergirl is weaker than him

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: IMHO i didnt want wonder woman to interfere with superman vs doomsday because i wanted that to be a one on one fight so i was glad she push aside.I gotta admit do she did look badass taking him on and it look like doomed event will have superdoom vs wonder woman coming next month.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

Excuse my language, but what the hell is the point of having a Justice League if Superman's strong enough to do every damn thing?

I agree !!

BTW, I wouldn't work out whether that energy blast that hit Doomsday as Wonder Woman was pushing him off with her bracelets was lightning from WW herself, or heat vision from Superman. Can someone clarify?!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

Who car about what your points?I mean,that was DC doing,they are keep superman CRAZY powerful over many years

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@powerwoman said:

Who car about what your points?I mean,that was DC doing,they are keep superman CRAZY powerful over many years

Who cares about yours? You're most likely LYING about these so-called feats for superman. You didn't even post scans. So in other news, Superman is overpowered and you have no proof, receipts, or evidence to back up your claims, or serve as a rebuttal, right? I thought so.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PowerWoman

@powerwoman said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@powerwoman said:

Who cares about yours? You're most likely LYING about these so-called feats for superman. You didn't even post scans. So in other news, Superman is overpowered and you have no proof, receipts, or evidence to back up your claims, or serve as a rebuttal, right? I thought so.

If you dont cares about why post me again and again?

Ok,you want to see superman feats?

Here we go

Superman break infinite,outside universe

No Caption Provided

Superman pull a lot of planets with one hand:

No Caption Provided

Superman only sneeze destroy solar system:

No Caption Provided

Superman only breath enough move red star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out a star:

No Caption Provided

Superman move sun:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out star:

No Caption Provided

Superman bench earth weight five days:

No Caption Provided

Superman push ENTIRE PLANET:

No Caption Provided

Superman creater a star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out earth:

No Caption Provided

Superman throw moon:

No Caption Provided

Superman push planets:

No Caption Provided

Superman push planets:

No Caption Provided

Superman push star:

No Caption Provided

Superman push war world:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superman pull earth by only himself

No Caption Provided

And there even marvel family could do that:

Throw stars:

No Caption Provided

Push planets

No Caption Provided

Even mary marvel:

No Caption Provided

And supergirl:

No Caption Provided

Push planets:

No Caption Provided

Push moon:

No Caption Provided

Throw planets with one hand:

No Caption Provided

Get it?B*tch

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerWoman

@powerwoman said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@powerwoman said:

Here we go

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superman move sun:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out star:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superman creater a star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out earth:

No Caption Provided

Superman throw moon:

No Caption Provided

Superman push planets:

No Caption Provided

Superman push planets:

No Caption Provided

Superman push star:

No Caption Provided

Superman push war world:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Throw stars:

No Caption Provided

Push planets

No Caption Provided

Even mary marvel:

No Caption Provided

And supergirl:

No Caption Provided

Push planets:

No Caption Provided

Push moon:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Get it?B*tch

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: lol superman send war world to the phantom zone in those panel i don't think he push did in the comic dont know i gotta reread it

silver age=PIS same with lobdell has written with superman = PIS

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman All of those are irrelevant now, since they're all pre-52. Haha!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PowerWoman

@darknightspideyfanboy: Without silver age and lobdell?

Superman still pull earth

No Caption Provided

Hold a black hole in his hands:

No Caption Provided

Superman lift infinite weight:

No Caption Provided

Superman destroy planet:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Superman prime survive big bang

No Caption Provided

Even supergirl destroy moon

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And new 52 ultraman push moon:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That' s new 52 and not lobdell,i guy you call that still "PIS"

eh?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PowerWoman
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Another thread ruined by the local troll.

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: pre-52 stuff dont exist anymore and that ultraman not SUPERMAN

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PowerWoman

And here more

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@powerwoman: pre-52 stuff dont exist anymore and that ultraman not SUPERMAN

So?can you show me wonder woman feats?could be match superman?any time,any wonder woman,pre-crisis,pre-52,or new 52,no wonder woman can keep with superman

Also,ultraman as strong as supeman,just more evil,he could be push moon from new 52,that mean new 52 superman bench earth weight five days isnt PIS

And here:

He could drop kick the moon out of orbit if he woke up on a bad day

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Despite the fact that you could probably punch the moon into dust

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bezza said:

@archizoom@dshipp17@scorpio_cassadine@darknightspideyfanboy

I've gotta hear what you WW fans (and others) have to say about Wonder Woman's role in the 3 Doomed books this week. I was hoping she would shine at least a little, but basically its a case of "move aside wonder woman only I am powerful enough for this job".... isn't it?!

..at least she lasted a bit longer than Steel did before Clark brushed her aside and did his thing. Frankly the power gap between Superman and WW is chasmic after this little story....maybe Power Woman is right after all !!

I'll still have to see the other books, but I'm intrigued; I'll be stating my take in a little while.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42 frozen  Moderator

@bruxae: She wasn't beating Doomsday at all...

WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@powerwoman said:

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@powerwoman said:

Here we go

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superman move sun:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out star:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superman creater a star:

No Caption Provided

Superman blow out earth:

No Caption Provided

Superman throw moon:

No Caption Provided

Superman push planets:

No Caption Provided

Superman push planets:

No Caption Provided

Superman push star:

No Caption Provided

Superman push war world:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Throw stars:

No Caption Provided

Push planets

No Caption Provided

Even mary marvel:

No Caption Provided

And supergirl:

No Caption Provided

Push planets:

No Caption Provided

Push moon:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Get it?B*tch

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!!!!

WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thread ruined by the local troll.

and she always spamming Wonder Woman's thread... GOD!!!

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bruxae

@frozen said:

@bruxae: She wasn't beating Doomsday at all...

As I remember she told him they had unfinished buisness and managed to stab him through the stomach, and came out of it without a scratch. It's not much and he was not done for, but she was definetly having the upper hand on the one or two pages she was fightning him. All Doomsday managed to do was press her up against a wall but Superman man blasted him off her before we had a chance to see if she would wrestle out of that or not.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 frozen  Moderator

@bruxae: No. Not sure where you got the idea that she stomped him...

She was struggling to put him down, she stabs him yet he still overcomes it.

By contrast, Superman completely slaughtered Doomsday. Lobdell also wrote him at Bronze Age levels, to bench the World for 5 days straight and fly to Pluto faster than teleportation.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read the Doom comic yet but I didn't really have a problem with the Doomsday appearance in SM/WW. He only broke her arms because he caught her my surprise. She would have healed herself in minutes and messed him up with some awesome kicks if Superman hasn't jumped in to try and save her. He didn't save her because she needed it but rather just because that's what he does.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I dont get how you see that as struggling? The fight was just to short, I am not saying she stomped him either - I didn't mean to give that impression. Im just saying the fight was very short before it was interrupted, and during that short time she managed to stab him through the chest and come out completely unharmed. I don't know what would of happened if the fight continued, I assume she would loose, but they didn't show that.

I agree about the contrast though, Superman just ripping Doomsday apart is one of the most stupid things i've seen recently but that's beside my point, which is this: Wonder Woman handled herself well in the 2 pages she got.

I think Doomsday was shows as way to weak overall, he barely did anything other then take beatings and stand around letting things burn.. This is the guy who punched Superman into a coma/death and broke WW's arm with his first hit.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 frozen  Moderator

@bruxae: Because the comic clearly shows it? She stabs him, he then proceeds to shrug that of and overpower her. She may have 'handled' herself, but that's not the point, if we contrast their showings, there is clearly a large gap in power --- I don't see how it can be denied. She stabs him, then the top panel shows him grabbing her and forcefully overpowering her, then Superman blasts him with heat vision.

The same writer shows Superman at Bronze-Age levels.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Wrong. The reason why she wears her bracelets is because she is too powerful in her normal state. She wears them to weaken herself and protect her enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.