Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman's origin in MOS2

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

How will Snyder actually tackle this? She has several origins. Because I've thought about it, and honestly I do not see Snyder to be the one taking the Clay route or having ties with Zeus.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By linkjt

@frozen said:

How will Snyder actually tackle this? She has several origins. Because I've thought about it, and honestly I do not see Snyder to be the one taking the Clay route or having ties with Zeus.

she has had 2 origins in 73 years,that is not a lot,before the 60s her origin was the same except that she wasn't a statue clay brought to life by gods,so her origin was the same for more than years.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3 dernman  Online

I wouldn't want her to take the clay route. She doesn't have to be a demi goddess but anything other that the clay for the movies.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He won't, he doesn't need to, not until they do a Wonder Woman film which won't happen anytime soon

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He won't, he doesn't need to, not until they do a Wonder Woman film which won't happen anytime soon

this

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't need to go into detail about her origin for this movie.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don´t. I don´t want her origin tackled in anything but her own film.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ideally they wouldn't go into detail in this movie, but follow up with a solo movie that gives her the explication she need before jumping into Justice League. That seems more and more unlikely though. I''m still hoping that they're using her appearance in MoS2 to build excitement for a solo movie, but they want to gauge people reactions from MoS2 before they make an official announcement.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The clay origin is the only origin as far as I'm concerned. Demi gods are everywhere and we had two Hercules movies come out this year.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Outside_85

He can tackle it as simply as Diana saying she is the daughter of Zeus or sculpted from clay before they suddenly have to move on.

The daughter of Zeus origins is the simpler one, it doesn't need explaining.

Kryptonian descendant, I hope.

NO!
    NO!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Kryptonian descendant, I hope.

You go to the time out chair and think about how much of a disappointment you are to the rest of us.

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian descendant NO!!!

Clay origin is the only one, as far I am concerned.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I wouldn't mind seeing the New 52 origin.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The clay origin is the only origin as far as I'm concerned. Demi gods are everywhere and we had two Hercules movies come out this year.

Seconded.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RustyRoy

I don't think will see her origin in BvS, not even a little, maybe some subtle hints but nothing more.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

I don't think they'll go for clay origin, even the new 52 origin seems too unrealistic for this universe, maybe they'll go for some kind of alien gods, descendants of the old gods or super warriors of myths type of thing. And I'm not ruling out the Kryptonian origin but I'd hate it if they do that.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I have a feeling they may do something similar to the New 52 origins, with Diana being the daughter of Zeus. But if they were to introduce Zeus and the Greek gods, they'll probably go the same route as Marvel did with Thor and the Norse gods and have them being super-power beings that humans simply thought were gods. They could also use the clay origin as a cover story, similar to the New 52 origin as well where Diana is told she was born from clay, all to hide her from her true heritage as Zeus' child.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.