Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman: The Animated Movie

• 108 results
    creole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By creole

I thought the movie was good not great, could've beeb better?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By jphulk26

@k4tzm4n said:

I know I'm a few years late to the party on this one, but I didn't see a thread for it.

I've never really considered myself a fan of the character or read all that much of her series (I'm just getting started with her new 52 book), but I must admit, her animated movie was very impressive. Funny, engaging, and more than enough action to keep me entertained. I won't lie, this film definitely motivated me to focus catching up on her title, too.

Who else has watched it and what are your thoughts? And to the Wonder Woman experts, did you have any major complaints about the film or was it (for the most part) accurate?

I started buying WW comics after watching the film as well. its really good.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Skewer

The only explanation that ever made any sense to me on how she got the invisible jet is in the animated movie justice league crisis on two earths. Every other explanation was confusing. As for the movie I thought it was good but I think it should have been longer since it kinda felt like a two or more hour movie cut down to 75 minutes. I doubt we will ever see an extended cut no matter how much we want to since they will never make a sequel.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jobbernos

great film.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it. This is Wonder Woman to me...

The animated movie Wonder Woman was funny looking because of her nose. She reminded me of Disney's Pocahontas and they couldn't even get her costume details right. The breast plate isn't a double W, she can't fly, there's useless tampering with the origin, Steve's annoying and Diana doesn't kick enough ass.

It's kind of messed up that Wonder Woman was better and more powerful in other movies than she was in her own.

The fight with Superwoman in Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths was beyond awesome with it's real wrestling moves and it's practical use of the lasso for yo-yo punches. Nothing else compares to it, that's got to be because Dwayne McDuffie was so good at his job. R.I.P.

creole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By creole

@Scorpio_Cassadine: wonder woman fighting style, wasn't that bad in the movie, it wasn't Martial Arts?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jphulk26

@Erik said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I know and are big Wonder Woman fans, so I'm curious to hear their thoughts.

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333

How accurate was the origin?

Eh, I think getting hung up on whether or not the origin is a direct translation from the source material is a mistake. The movie is in its own universe so what things I noticed that were not exactly like the comics were dismissed in favor for how the movie made me feel. The film was really enjoyable as both a devout Wonder Woman fan and as a movie buff. Honestly, I cannot think of a single thing I personally did not enjoy about it.

But it was actually an accurate interpretation, only some things were moved around. I like to call it modernising. Just how Spes Earth One did. They all change thinks, but the spirit of the story remained the same. so yeah, it was Wonder Womans story set against the backdrop of the modern world.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Skewer

What I really want is a sequel! The reason I was reluctant to buy the film was because of the reputation of it being another female lead superhero film and I wasn't about to sit through what I thought was going to be a train wreck since a lot of female lead films tend to suck. That was until I saw it air on tv. WB should give the team another shot to make a sequel.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By lilben42

@SCORPIO_CASSADINE: Yeah best representation of her. WW looked too skinny in the 2009 movie and her hair was too long, but the fight scenes and plot made up for it. Superman/Batman Apocalypse WW was good too especially her fight scene with the furies.

@Skewer: Yeah hopefully WB changes their mind, I feel like its these bootleg videos that are ruining everything. If they do make a sequel or just another WW movie I'm hoping they change the way she looks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.