Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

'Wonder Woman' Revealed from George Miller's Failed 'Justice League' Film

• 75 results
    asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks like something that was made in a textiles class. Far prefer Snyder's version

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way too thin to be WW in my opinion.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Michael Wilkinson rocks the costumes in the DCEU so it's an easy decision to go with Gadot's costume.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By silent_bomber

@chimeroid said:

Would you like someone with the eyes of Steve Buscemi playing Captain America?

I like this idea, lets see how it would look

No Caption Provided

Yeah, maybe not.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

That looks amazing.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
    The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think picture one's body type matches someone who should be playing Wonder Woman(mostly the facial features though, her muscle is lacking badly), but picture two's design is better imo.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Wow. She actually looks like Wonder Woman.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The design isn't really all that important for Wonder Woman. The woman however is. Gal has my vote.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Like the upper half of the costume but that skirt or whatever it is anyway, is way too bright. But I like Gadot's costume more really. Would have loved to see that movie being made though.

LionKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale's costume is bright and has color suggesting the film could have been fun, camp and above all entertaining.

Gadot's costume is duller suggesting a darker more serious film that might look cool but might not be fun to watch. IMO, her entertainment value is going to rely more on her acting skills, personality and action scenes (the latter of which showed promise in the short BvS trailer), and not on her costume.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the colour, but overall I prefer Gadot's.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very similar to what's happening now. but worse. definitely dodged a bullet.

the current costume direction is the real issue though; Wonder Woman is not Xena. it's hard to reach your goal when your starting point is crippled.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
    The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do they refuse to give WW a full skirt? Both times the skirt has been cut in a way that would't be desirable in a battle situation. I'd be more interested in seeing Supes' suit which allegedly had the Kingdom Come logo.

I remember seeing the Aquaman suit design and thinking it was original and unique [think I remember seaweed being part of the leg designs for some reason...] but I'm glad we didn't get this film. WW doesn't have a symbol at all, WTF. Superman with the Kingdom Come logo would've been sweet, as it's my favorite S shield. Depending on how ridiculous the briefs would've looked, or if they removed them, a KC themed Superman design for a movie at the very least sounds more appealing than everything else I've actually seen for the film's looks.

~KL~

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
    The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Gale looks more like Gaia from Capt. Planet than a warrior princess. And I think at this point she'd never actually been in a film. I don't even know if she's been in a film that I can remember even since then...

~KL~

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By BappyRonChantin

She has the face, but still a twig

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MattyDaveHalPeo

@mattydavehalpeo said:

Why do they refuse to give WW a full skirt? Both times the skirt has been cut in a way that would't be desirable in a battle situation. I'd be more interested in seeing Supes' suit which allegedly had the Kingdom Come logo.

I remember seeing the Aquaman suit design and thinking it was original and unique [think I remember seaweed being part of the leg designs for some reason...] but I'm glad we didn't get this film. WW doesn't have a symbol at all, WTF. Superman with the Kingdom Come logo would've been sweet, as it's my favorite S shield. Depending on how ridiculous the briefs would've looked, or if they removed them, a KC themed Superman design for a movie at the very least sounds more appealing than everything else I've actually seen for the film's looks.

~KL~

Briefs removed. Definitely one of my favourite S shields. Has anyone else noticed that the MoS shield is an Earth 2 one not and Earth 1 one? http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Justice-League-concept-art-4.jpg

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it me, but do the picture with Megan in it kinda looks like a cosplay photo shoot?

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Vitality

@chimeroid said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:
    @chimeroid said:

Megan doesn't have the eyes for the role

wot

Her eyes. They look bored/stoned and sometimes even dead. Gal Gadot is maybe not as hot but she actually has eyes for playing the warrior part.

It's crazy how subjective physical attraction is. In not a single way, is Gadot less attractive than the other woman, in my opinion. I don't even find the other woman that attractive, if I'm honest.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWEGRA

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awful costume.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I prefer Gal's outfit but I'm missing the stars

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i like the new one better

LegallyBlind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal's costume should have had a bit more color but overall I like Gal's WW more than Megan because Megan's too skinny

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal's costume should have had a bit more color but overall I like Gal's WW more than Megan because Megan's too skinny

Skinny compared to... who exactly?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hawk80 said:
    @legallyblind said:

Skinny compared to... who exactly?

She's not that skinny.. I mean compare her to Karlie Kloss or any high fashion runway model (whose not plus size) that's taller than 6ft. I think they're both near the same weight range (120-130), the only difference is that Karlie Kloss is 3 inches taller than Gal. There's a reason why as you add inches, your weight has to go up to, other wise Karlie Kloss had to be photoshopped for a magazine spread cause was too sickly and skinny looking. I don't think Gal's that skinny.

They're both skinny beanpole twigs. Conincently, they both happen to be fashion models turned actresses. One part I think is due to the fact that WW's suppose to be now around 6'0 and since the most women isn't that tall they go to the only place that's known for tall beanpoles, the fashion industry Also, assuming that they are around the same weight range, the only reason why Megan looks so much more skinnier (if anything) is cause she's a little taller and as such her weight probably distributed or went somewhere else that wasn't her arms.

Way too thin to be WW in my opinion.

Unfortunately, skinny tall beanpole fashion models seems to be the only option for WW right now. But hey, I'm betting that Megan was 2 inches shorter she'd probably look much more.. fuller looking.

Also, aren't we all glad that this version didn't spring to life on the big screen? I mean, that costume though..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.