Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

wonder woman new 52 issue18

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gokuwarrior

i have read the issue,and i have to say it was better than the previous issues,the core of the story seems to be getting somewhere,and if arazzello said the true and this arc is about to end then that's a sight,i'm not that into this new direction of wonder woman yet,but things seem to get better,and i hope so,it's already a good thing to have some action after so many issues where nothing happended.

however i think there were some inconsistencies,maybe you can help me to understand this,i think that hermes was more powerful than before,because on the first issue he struggled with 2 monsters that diana defeated with ease,then he lost easely in the fight with apolo/artemis,he struggled a lot against artemis,and diana defeated artemis easely by taking off her bracelets,but on issue 18,hermes was a much better fighter and he did a much better use of his super speed,to the point that it seemed he was going to beat diana,and i wonder,did he have an upgrade?,it was just an inconsistency?,and why didn't diana use her super speed?,he said she can't beat him in speed,but diana didn't use her super speed at all,and i saw her using super speed many times in JL,against supergirl,and a few times on her own title,so what happended?,she was holding back because she didn't want to hurt hermes?,that's the only thing that comes to my mind,do you have other explanation?.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: will my guess he was faking how weak he was just so no can know he will kidnap the baby afterall he is a trickster and i thought she was using her super speed just that Hermes was faster

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Press Oblivion

Yeah man, I don't know. I don't like to speculate about one thing or the other but I think both explanations above are viable. I'm just so tired of this book . . . There's no where else to get Wonder Woman though.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

@darknightspideyfanboy: well maybe she used super speed at first,but it's hard to tell because the first scans aren't showing it clearly,and he tagged her too easy,and even if he is faster,wonder woman should have enough reaction speed to keep up with his attacks,she said that she didn't want to fight and even when hermes was bragging about his speed,it was shown that diana was able to cut his leg,and she was able to cut him again when he was following her at super speed,so i don't know what to think.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion:

well maybe she used super speed at first,but it's hard to tell because the first scans aren't showing it clearly,and he tagged her too easy,and even if he is faster,wonder woman should have enough reaction speed to keep up with his attacks,she said that she didn't want to fight and even when hermes was bragging about his speed,it was shown that diana was able to cut his leg,and she was able to cut him again when he was following her at super speed,so i don't know what to think.

i understand you,i think the action in issue 18 was good(just good,nothing epic yet)and if this arc will be ending in issue 19,then i hope things start to get better.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Press Oblivion

I hope things get better too.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares was trying to gain Diana's favor/, sympathy and trust by getting hurt.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: but what about the figth with hermes?,why hermes seemed to dominate the fight?,and why wonder woman didn't use her super speed?.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WDW

@gokuwarrior: She did use her super speed she held her own against Hermes but of course in the end he was faster.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: i didn't see her use super speed,i mean in the scans is impposible to tell,they should have written it better.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt as though the last scene was taken straight from a 1980s sitcom!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.