Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman issue #14 preview

• 64 results
    JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda dropped this book after the conclusion of the first major arc

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh, Diana thinks she knows where Paradise Island may be? I have to see this, especially after last issue.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really read the rebirth issues because I don't want to fall asleep. How many issues have gone by and still nothing worthwhile. Most boring WW series ever.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are Rebirth Steve Trevor and Etta Candy the same ones from the New 52? Where's their connection to A.R.G.U.S.?

How can Ares have the evil tree on Themyscira if he doesn't know where it is? If the Amazons are his daughters why do they have other patrons instead of him? Is Ares responsible for the creation of the fake Themyscira/Femyscira so his Amazons would adhere more closely to his ideals?

If Diana is still the daughter of Zeus he slept with his own granddaughter Hippolyta,

Where do the lies begin? If after this issue Diana was operating under them when Justice League was started in the New 52.

Where do Donna, Cassie, Jason and the revelations from the Darkseid War fit?

There's so many questions to be answered, this is good af!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Year One? Still? Really?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really read the rebirth issues because I don't want to fall asleep. How many issues have gone by and still nothing worthwhile. Most boring WW series ever.

To be fair not as bad as New 52. But honestly I expected quite a lot more from this guy. His last WW series was amazing.

We've gone from bimbo warrior WW, to social justice warrior wonder woman.

Can we not go back to the warrior priestess and diplomat. She was awesome. The one who would blind herself with acid to fight Medusa. That's what I was expecting.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares is back and it looks like he is as powerful as Pre-Flashpoint. Awesome.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece:

Yep, that's one of the few good things in the series.

As long as Wonder Woman can't beat him without god-weapons and he can't be hurt by cosmic and scientific attacks, then I'm sold.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
    @grandwonder said:

I can't believe they've made Ares a pussy again.

Yeah cause he was better as a bearded, bald headed, defeated, drunken, old man that Wonder Woman was able to kill with a spear. *sarcasm*

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jphulk26

@jphulk26 said:
    @grandwonder said:

Yeah cause he was better as a bearded, bald headed, defeated, drunken, old man that Wonder Woman was able to kill with a spear. *sarcasm*

nothing is worse than new 52 ares lol.

all i meant was ww and aresz just fight instead of always making truces.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Outside_85

@nerevarine_11 said:

It isn't actually finished yet....

@jphulk26 said:
    @grandwonder said:

Yeah cause he was interesting

Fixed

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@jphulk26 said:
    @grandwonder said:

Ignoring context and depth, desiring feats.... reminds me of @allstarsuperman

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:
    @jphulk26 said:
    @grandwonder said:

Ignoring context and depth, desiring feats.... reminds me of @allstarsuperman

Only stating #facts

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of Wonder Woman's New 52 gallery is atrocious to be quite honest. Ares was a great character following the crisis. Good thing Azzarello didn't touch Circe. That would of been a trainwreck.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Rucka is starting to lose his touch and drag out these stories way too much. By splitting the book between two major story arcs that run together it gets pretty confusing and bland at times.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is she going to use New 52 clothes again?

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of Wonder Woman's New 52 gallery is atrocious to be quite honest. Ares was a great character following the crisis. Good thing Azzarello didn't touch Circe. That would of been a trainwreck.

She appeared in Superman/Wonder Woman though. Not a very cool version. I'm at least curious to see how Azzarello would've imagined her.

@tdk_1997 said:

Rucka is starting to lose his touch and drag out these stories way too much. By splitting the book between two major story arcs that run together it gets pretty confusing and bland at times.

I don't thing it's exactly bland, but I agree. Things just take too much time to happen. We knew from the beginning that Diana was deceived, that everthing was a lie, but we're probably waiting till issue 24 to know exactly how it all happened. That's a year telling just one story. Most writers complete 3 or 4 storyarcs.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't thing it's exactly bland, but I agree. Things just take too much time to happen. We knew from the beginning that Diana was deceived, that everthing was a lie, but we're probably waiting till issue 24 to know exactly how it all happened. That's a year telling just one story. Most writers complete 3 or 4 storyarcs.

I call bs on all this. A Rebirth story comes out every two weeks, that's two alternating stories a month. At that quick pace there's no way the storylines could drag. It's been six months and we've already gone through 4 arcs. We've gotten a ton of information and world building in those six months, that crushes Azzarello's ring around the mulberry bush looking for a missing baby for three years. And let's not forget that most of us knew that baby was going to be Zeus by the third issue, so it was a huge Mcguffin search, without suspense, for a forgone conclusion. The oracles said what would happen in number one, the only real surprise was Athena Big Bird and that was stupid.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joaopedrogomes said:
    @somayareece said:

She appeared in Superman/Wonder Woman though. Not a very cool version. I'm at least curious to see how Azzarello would've imagined her.

@tdk_1997 said:

I call bs on all this, the story comes out every two weeks

It does come out every two weeks but if you look at it, we are receiving small amounts of information about what is actually going on. So far we are in the dark of what is happening with Themyscira and who is behind everything.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @joaopedrogomes said:
    @somayareece said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I call bs on all this, the story comes out every two weeks

It does come out every two weeks but if you look at it, we are receiving small amounts of information about what is actually going on. So far we are in the dark of what is happening with Themyscira and who is behind everything.

Yeah that's called suspense, it's the opposite of Azzarello.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Suspense that is taking over two story arcs at the same time and so far it feels like we are at the very same spot as from the beginning and almost nothing worth mentioning has happened. Rucka won me over at first but when he revealed that everything will be the same throughout every single issue I got bored with his fan wanking. I get, he doesn't like Azzarello's take on the character but that doesn't give him the right to make Wonder Woman "crazy" and make her forget everything that happened to her under Azzarello, that's a childish move.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I understand you're upset by what you feel is a good run being undone but you can't proclaim Rebirth is a flop until it's over. You can't leave after the lies, before you find out the truth. You may be pleasantly surprised. There's lots of moving parts here...

No Caption Provided

It's from issue 15, who's the guy chained to the tree? This isn't just a rehash of Perez or a referendum on Azzarello. Rebirth is it's own thing, wait and see how it ends.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SaintWildcard

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Only stating #facts

Yes, and all you had to do was ignore the context. Congrats!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@scorpio_cassadine: Suspense that is taking over two story arcs at the same time and so far it feels like we are at the very same spot as from the beginning and almost nothing worth mentioning has happened. Rucka won me over at first but when he revealed that everything will be the same throughout every single issue I got bored with his fan wanking. I get, he doesn't like Azzarello's take on the character but that doesn't give him the right to make Wonder Woman "crazy" and make her forget everything that happened to her under Azzarello, that's a childish move.

As for the guy chained up, I'm gonna guess it's that brother of hers, Jason.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

As for the guy chained up, I'm gonna guess it's that brother of hers, Jason.

You mean the brother that didn't exist during Azzarello's run? As for childishness, that would be asserting 70 years worth of Wonder Woman history was untrue for the sake of an all new take on the character that only lasted 3. Childishness would also be the little jabs Azzarello took at her fans throughout his run.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope this is how WW beats Ares in the movie (if he's in it), by making a deal.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang3: Totally, then Ares returns 20 years later to claim his pound of flesh taking the life of some 60 million people

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By NightFang3

@archizooom: I think it would be more like he plays a role in WW1, so she makes a deal to end the war, but Ares starts WW2 years later or something like that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@saintwildcard: He changed azzarello. Like azz changed WW from previous runs. What goes around comes around.

Fair enough. But I'll say this, revenge is a dish best served cold.

You mean the brother that didn't exist during Azzarello's run? As for childishness, that would be asserting 70 years worth of Wonder Woman history was untrue for the sake of an all new take on the character that only lasted 3. Childishness would also be the little jabs Azzarello took at her fans throughout his run.

No shit, I never said he did. But since Johns hyped up this brother, at some point they have to do something with it.

I don't think he did that, he just did the story he wanted to do. That's not asserting anything since it was a clean slate for him. Rucka is flat out saying "this bitch was nuts"

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I understand you're upset by what you feel is a good run being undone but you can't proclaim Rebirth is a flop until it's over. You can't leave after the lies, before you find out the truth. You may be pleasantly surprised. There's lots of moving parts here...

No Caption Provided

It's from issue 15, who's the guy chained to the tree? This isn't just a rehash of Perez or a referendum on Azzarello. Rebirth is it's own thing, wait and see how it ends.

I am not saying that it's a rehash of Perez or Azzarello. I am just pointing out that Rucka is taking the elements from Azzarello's run and is trying to write them off one by one, so he can introduce his pet characters into the WW mythos once again. Sometimes being a big fan of a character is actually limiting rather than helping you out with writing the perfect story.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@saintwildcard: He changed azzarello. Like azz changed WW from previous runs. What goes around comes around.

@scorpio_cassadine said:

No shit, I never said he did. But since Johns hyped up this brother, at some point they have to do something with it.

I don't think he did that, he just did the story he wanted to do. That's not asserting anything since it was a clean slate for him. Rucka is flat out saying "this bitch was nuts"

No he's saying she was deceived and the island was nuts. Now we have to find out how, why and by whom. This is epic storytelling going down that's working on all levels.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @agent41 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

No he's saying she was deceived and the island was nuts. Now we have to find out how, why and by whom. This is epic storytelling going down that's working on all levels.

To say she was deceived (AKA the bitch is nuts), would be an easier pill to swallow. To say that an entire island as well as some gods were nuts, its stupid storytelling on par with erasing an entire planets minds of an event.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @agent41 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

To say she was deceived (AKA the bitch is nuts), would be an easier pill to swallow. To say that an entire island as well as some gods were nuts, its stupid storytelling on par with erasing an entire planets minds of an event.

Uhmm, these are comic books, a place where anything can happen and something did. Imagine how people who were fans of Wonder Woman for 30 years felt when Azzarello came along and said everything we've known was a lie? You don't think we deserve a Rebirth to a Diana we know and love?

You guys are shedding a lot of tears over a very divisive three years worth of stories that eventually ran out of steam. Do you go to other titles Azz has left and complain about their status quos or are we special?

Where were you when Mrs. Finch was tossing out everything he wrote and reversing all his decisions? You were awful quiet then, why all the crying now?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SaintWildcard

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Uhmm, these are comic books, a place where anything can happen and something did. Imagine how people who were fans of Wonder Woman for 30 years felt when Azz came along and said everything we've known was a lie. You guys are shedding a lot of tears over a three year run, do you go to other titles Azzarello has left and complain about their status quos or are we special? Where were you when Mrs. Finch was tossing out everything he wrote and reversing all his decisions? You were awful quiet then, why all the crying now?

Just cus it can, doesn't make it good. It's like with the REbirth (Johns) issue, people loved it but I thought it was shite. Mostly the reasoning for why the world was dark, so I went onto write a much better reason that would have fleshed out certain characters and what this character represented in a certain story is actually in line with what Rebirth is saying. I'll say this.... I get that Rucka wants to have a place to start to write his stories... is he an unimaginative person if he couldn't work with the Daughter of Zeus stuff? Absolutely, but let's ignore that for now. What he is trying to do, is not easy. I don't think many people can do it, and if there is a way, Rucka isn't doing it right. But it's a hard thing to do and we just have to get past this so he can do the stories he wants. So Rucka may go onto write amazing stories, but objectively I don't think this is it. It's giving you what you want, so you don't really care about the quality. Am I being kind of a dick and generalizing? Absolutely, but that's just how I feel

He was given a blank slate. If DC rebooted again and Rucka came along and did what he wanted, I'd say it sucks, but I'd have to bite the bullet on that one

To be fair, I never read her run. I wasn't really paying attention. If I was, I would have been annoyed then too.

I'll even show you that I'm pretty objective when it comes to this. When Johns came onto Superman after Lobdell, he made Clark return to the DP. Here's a rant about that.

Now we're getting somewhere. This is probably the biggest thing Lobdell did that went criminally underused and then ignored by Geoff Johns just so he can return to the same old song and dance that is the Daily Planet. But before I loose my shit over the laziness that was Johns arc, let me explain. Things may get a big boring and technical, but it has to do with the state of the media. Lobdell had the idea to have Clark quit after the Daily Planet became less about telling the news and more about selling papers. This mirrors today's media in which it has become rampant with corruption, lack of ethics and sensationalism.

Okay, so no one is exactly reading Superman comics for the Day to day of a dying medium. Kids aren't opening up comics and shouting "F**K YEAH! NEWS!". That being said. it's still an integral part of the characters mythos, and it should be a subject he tackles. It should appall someone with a small town upbringing and possibly even someone who grew up wanting to be a journalist (in my head canon it should kinda be a factor as to why he still works there).

Here's where a lot of people get it wrong or dumb down the situation. When Clark quit, Cat Grant wanted to start a blog with Clark. Not bad, a humble way to start and fight the ma-PEOPLE LOST THEIR SHIT! It seems they stopped reading when the word Blog was mentioned. and they acted as if he was a hipster or trying to be edgy/cool (even the CV podcast said that). Clark isn't tweeting or trying to get famous. he just wants to be an honest journalist. Some of the biggest scoops and information getting out there has been done online by whistle blowers or online groups. If Clark put on an Guy Fawkes mask and told Metropolis about corruption in City Council, would that really make it better? It's not the execution that you should be focusing on, but the message.

There was so much that could have been done, and you could have easily made this into a huge journey for Clark. From roughing it, to making it big, to handling their new found fame, and maybe his eventual return to the DP. It's a classic tale of Man VS the Machine, while also changing up the dynamics for a bit. So, did Lobdell make it work?..... of course not. It felt like he forgot about it honestly, Soule did some stuff with it, as did Pak for like one issue, but for the most part it was either underused or he'd start something with it and then just forget to finish up the storyline. I can kinda get why Johns did what he did, but it was the lazy execution as well as his mediocre arc that made it all the more infuriating.

If it's TLDR: I liked Johns before his work on Superman, after his arc I wanted to kick his ass.

In the end, what annoys me the most is that there was so much potential squandered with Azz's set up. As someone who wants to be a writers, that bugs me. I would have been fine if he wanted to change the Amazon's and made them likable as opposed to rapists (I'll give you that, it was a bit much), but to throw everything away including the Zeus stuff (some people are saying they did, so I'm not sure), just don't sit right with me.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman looks like an asian man on that cover

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard: "It's giving you what you want, so you don't really care about the quality"

Remind me to throw this line back in your face whenever you praise an episode of the hopelessly mediocre JL Action just because your favorite 'ship happens to sail there.

Alternatively, maybe you need to grow up and realize some people see merit in this story and where it's going, different strokes folks.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@saintwildcard: "It's giving you what you want, so you don't really care about the quality"

Remind me to throw this line back in your face whenever you praise an episode of the hopelessly mediocre JL Action just because your favorite 'ship happens to sail there.

Pffft, have at it. Justice League Action- Review

Alternatively, maybe you need to grow up and realize some people see merit in this story and where it's going, different strokes folks.

Hmmm, I don't know how to respond to this. I'm just gonna let this slide, consider it a Christmas present.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just cus it can, doesn't make it good.

Heh, this reminds me of the time that Wonder WOman was almost raped by Mark Millar

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@tdk_1997 said:

I call bs on all this. A Rebirth story comes out every two weeks, that's two alternating stories a month. At that quick pace there's no way the storylines could drag. It's been six months and we've already gone through 4 arcs. We've gotten a ton of information and world building in those six months, that crushes Azzarello's ring around the mulberry bush looking for a missing baby for three years. And let's not forget that most of us knew that baby was going to be Zeus by the third issue, so it was a huge Mcguffin search, without suspense, for a forgone conclusion. The oracles said what would happen in number one, the only real surprise was Athena Big Bird and that was stupid.

No, it's one story aiming for the same conclusion from 2 different starting points. It reads like 2 separate stories, but they are connected... but so loosely you could drop one of them and not really loose anything.

Also, I call bs on you predicting Zeke was Zeus 3 issues in. Partly because you aren't clairvoyant and partly because issue 2 and 3 were spent almost entirely on Diana and that small bombshell about her origins. So all you knew back then was that there was a kid on the way, Zeus was the father and he had since vanished and no one really knew why before issue 12.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By alsummers

God people still bitch about a perfectly respectable Wonder Woman Rebirth issue? Haven't you guys dropped it already? And if you have why are you wasting your time trashing people who happen to like the development of characters that aren't your male faves. People have been bitching for ages that Cheetah is barely a character. And now Rucka is giving her one. We've got good arcs with Etta Candy and Steve Trevor....both btw are not Rucka's "pet" characters. And people bitching about "pet" characters are such hypocrites as if Azz didn't have his own pet characters that he erased Diana's own characters for.

@scorpio_cassadine: If people like saintwildcard can't respect other people's enjoyment of a title, then he's not worth engaging. No self respecting person would trash a personal opinion and label it as a "Christmas present" when he acts like respecting a person's opinion is mercy. That's low so he's not worth it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsummers:

A) to be fair, what started this was SC trashing Area so I just felr like defending him.

B) I apologized if I came acrooss to harsh in a PM to SC

C) the Christmas present is more refering to that I could have roasted Zatara over his final statement, but decided to leave it as is.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Ares*

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There's one more chapter to conclusion iirc....

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone explain to me the WW timeline in rebirth? I've read all of them, are they going back and forth in time, or all of the present events are lies?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ZariusII
    @johanshieh said:

Can anyone explain to me the WW timeline in rebirth? I've read all of them, are they going back and forth in time, or all of the present events are lies?

The Year One portions of the story are set in the past, supposedly the true origin for Diana (at least for this particular era) and showing you that the stuff in the present were "lies", these lies are what have driven Diana mad in the present and why she is currently in the asylum. We've yet to find out who was behind her deceptions and why, but that will be explored in the upcoming story.

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @johanshieh said:

The Year One portions of the story are set in the past, supposedly the true origin for Diana (at least for this particular era) and showing you that the stuff in the present were "lies", these lies are what have driven Diana mad in the present and why she is currently in the asylum. We've yet to find out who was behind her deceptions and why, but that will be explored in the upcoming story.

So are the events of JL or Trinity suppose to happened after this storyline? I never read WW issues before, used to just stick to Bat family.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ZariusII

@johanshieh said:
    @zariusii said:
    @johanshieh said:

So are the events of JL or Trinity suppose to happened after this storyline? I never read WW issues before, used to just stick to Bat family.

I follow Trinity, JL less so, but in the Trinity title Diana confides to Lois about not being able to find her way back home, so it could be set just before the conclusion of "The Lies"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.