Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Earth One Spoiler

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

The book was a let down from what I was expecting, but, an intriguing story. It's as if Morrison had one idea and editorial or someone told their story through him, as with other writers, a familiar pattern since Gail Simone. From a potentially exciting story into a dry, boring story, by comparison to what the story was planned at the beginning. The preview was the exciting parts extracted from the book. The rest was a scattering all over the place, like a tug-a-war between Morrison and editorial. Until this problem is solved, it will never matter what writer comes aboard, as it will be the editorial's story. Similarly, the new Dejah Thoris has a writer by name only, but, it appears to be a story from Gail Simone and went from something promising looking in parts of issue 1 into dry bull, from issue 2 into the preview I saw for issue 3; I'll see what happens and reevaluate whether I want to continue being a subscriber; looking refreshing that it's been limited to 6 issues, but, it aint because it's a Dejah Thoris solo without John Carter, it's just a dull story that one writer thinks is good.

The first sequence shows Hippolyta recognizing the scent of a man, after 3000, and sending a squad of Amazons to hunt down Diana and Trevor.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Next sequence has a cultural misunderstanding by Diana, the hospital staff, and patients. Diana thinks the patients are a sign of how women are treated and subjugated in Man's World.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Diana than embarrasses Mala in front of many people.

No Caption Provided

Trevor is placed on trial about how he came to arrive at Paradise Island.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Diana than puts Hippolyta on trial and finds out the truth about her origins.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

A different taste from mines and what I was expecting. Next Earth One book, I may just pass and take a wait and see approach to see if I want to give my approval with a buy. Morrison needs to be allowed to write his own story style and Dr. Psycho needs to finally be introduced in his arch-villain status in Wonder Woman books.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archizooom
    No Caption Provided

Sadly I won't get my copy til the end of the month but I have to say I love these flying vehicles! I've included them in my mental rendering of Themyscira

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.