Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Breaks Through - Time Magazine

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This smidgen from Rucka irritates me.

Greg Rucka, who currently writes one of the Wonder Woman comics, says the character’s outfit has been hotly debated during his tenure at DC. “I get frustrated when I’m given [an illustration of] Diana in three-inch heels, because she can’t fight like that. I have an easier time with her flying than fighting in three-inch heels or dental-floss bottoms,” he says. “I like the costume for the movie because Gal can actually run and jump and kick in that.”

She's effing Wonder Woman! She can kick every ass, every second of every minute of everyday beyond the collapse of time, regardless if she's wearing nothing at all or 25,000 inch stiletto heals. There's no debating that the man is a talented writer but his vision of Wonder Woman is clearly limited. . . . That ridiculous whip from Rebirth comes to mind as a glaring example of his nearsighted perspective.

This article, otherwise, is a nice perspective of Wonder Woman, not only from the past but hopeful of the future as well.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Archizooom

@super-wonder: well I agree with him, in fact if it were up to me Wonder Woman wouldn't wear stilettos to a wedding let alone to fight, I think it just looks silly tbh. I guess 1 inch cuban heels are fine, nail polish, a bit of lip rouge never hurt anyone but she wouldn't slather 17 layers of makeup on her face, that's just not the kind of woman she is, in my head that is. I agree with you re: the whip though I think he abandoned that idea

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RabumAlal

@super-wonder: Wonder Woman costume simply sucks and should be seen as the joke it is. DC tries a normal costume from time to time (New52) but horny-ass teenagers don't want to read a WW that isn't about a doll with sexy thighs and giant breasts.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna see how bad the 2017 movie will be.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My issue with the Rucka comment isn't the shoes or the attire, it's the "CAN'T".

Regardless of what anyone's personal taste is for her look in or out of an action scene, she CAN fight in a three inch wedge, she CAN fight wearing dental floss bottoms. Her attire is not a weakness like Superman wearing a Kryptonite banana hammock. A human would might have trouble wearing heals to a fight. . . but Wonder Woman . . . Is it likely that she would wear something like that, perhaps not, but to a wedding, there's no reason she wouldn't appreciate style.

She's Wonder Woman and she CAN do anything.

My apologies, I didn't want to derail this thread, ever since the WHIP and the CHO B.S., I find everything he says to be an arrogant snub. So again I apologize if my bias has ruined the purpose of this thread.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greg Rucka, who currently writes one of the Wonder Woman comics, says the character’s outfit has been hotly debated during his tenure at DC. “I get frustrated when I’m given [an illustration of] Diana in three-inch heels, because she can’t fight like that. I have an easier time with her flying than fighting in three-inch heels or dental-floss bottoms,” he says. “I like the costume for the movie because Gal can actually run and jump and kick in that.”

She's effing Wonder Woman! She can kick every ass, every second of every minute of everyday beyond the collapse of time, regardless if she's wearing nothing at all or 25,000 inch stiletto heals. There's no debating that the man is a talented writer but his vision of Wonder Woman is clearly limited. . . . That ridiculous whip from Rebirth comes to mind as a glaring example of his nearsighted perspective.

This article, otherwise, is a nice perspective of Wonder Woman, not only from the past but hopeful of the future as well.

Yeah but to be fair it annoys me as well. I just don't think she would wear that for combat.

It seems purely for sex appeal. Nearly everything else she wears is justifiable, especially in current iteration. So yeah, I agree with Rucka.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super-wonder: There's a couple of reasons why Wonder Woman wouldn't adhere to the "beauty is pain", "suffer for fashion" motto and have her own distinct sense of style that's comfy yet just as refined, high heels are not be all end all of fashion. Maybe Wonder Woman puts a premium on comfort, quality and craftsmanship rather than dress like a cookie-cutter bond girl

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you guys are missing my point but it's not important.

On the topic of fashion I see your point and Rucka's disillusionment, and no heels don't make sense in battle, but to think that Diana wouldn't appreciate the aesthetic is something that I disagree with. Certainly "beauty is pain", "suffer for fashion" are ideas that she wouldn't subscribe to but there are situations where she might choose to these styles to fit into a scenario that the bravado of her traditional costume would compromise.To say that "she wouldn't" or "that isn't her character" isn't something that I would have ever considered. I think of her as adventurous, try it before judgement, with an open mind and let the experience mold that opinion.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to think Diana would be fine wearing a pair of heels. Are they her go to? I doubt it. Can she get the job done in them? Of course. She's Wonder Woman. If all it takes are a pair of high heels to cripple an Amazon in battle, it doesn't say much for their ability.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't think Diana as someone who would wear heels at all unless the footwear really appealed to her.

Like, aside the shoes looking nice, I think I am right in saying a lot of users wear them because the heels add to their height and changes their posture a bit. Diana wouldn't wear them for either reason, since I believe she is completely comfortable as she is without needing specific types of clothes or accessories to enhance herself.

With that said, I wouldn't imagine Diana or any Amazon wearing heels on Paradise Island, because they are completely impractical in the setting. The Amazons live in the place that's either covered in jungle, white sandy beaches or cobbled streets, none of which offer practical surfaces for heels. And then you have to consider they are impractical for the setting, most of the Amazons spend their days working, farming and hunting, not walk around a tidy office or sitting behind a desk.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wbr17

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.