Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 51 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Great issue; full of mysteries and surprises; looks like Zola made the ultimate sacrifice for Diana. It's possible that Diana was tricked into leaving Tartarus early, and without having accomplished her goal.

No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheExile285

Ugh, they really killed off Zola? She was one of my favorite character from Azzarello's run. =/

What does this mean for Athena?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I dont get this, Zeke was the one who was sick... why is Zola the one to shuffle off the coil?

Note: Stupid development, looks like Finch is a little desperate to have an impact beyond her terrible writing. Also, terrible choice really because one of the things I believe is making life difficult for Diana is her inconsistent support cast... killing them off at random like this is not helping.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@agent41 said:

@outside_85: Do you think flinch is aware that her writing is making 0 impact and is being panned?. Because it feels like she doesn't show any sign of trying to improve, her run is about to finish anyway, she should just let it go and don't try anything deep now, at this point it'd be pointless.

I think she is aware that her run has not been at all well recieved... hence why she doesn't appear to do interviews. But I think she is just pretending it is all right for the duration of her time on this book... sort of treating it like it was fan-fiction; 'If no one else likes it, atleast I do.'

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@theexile285: wait for next issue. Donna died and 1 issue after she came back.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger
    No Caption Provided

My reaction when I saw what Mrs Finch had done to Zola, someone I liked from Azzarello's run a great deal. Eff you Meredith for screwing over a run 10 times better than yours.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Why are yall still reading this garbage? I dropped it long time ago. I will never touch a Wonder Woman book again until there's a new and better writer involved.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are yall still reading this garbage? I dropped it long time ago. I will never touch a Wonder Woman book again until there's a new and better writer involved.

For me it's mostly out of habit ... I've read WW for so long that it seems weird NOT to read her ... I slugged through some pretty mediocre stuff over the years, just because I like to read everything I can with WW in it ... also I enjoy that I know a great writer is just around the corner and I'm itching to see what he does with her in his second run on the character!

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I am dying for Ruka to work his magic on this book. Although it will be a different vision from the old Wonder Woman, I do feel he may bring back some of her old characteristics. We can definitely expect a huge improvement. I might cry after the first few issues lol. With Ruka, we can expect that Wonder Woman will have good characterization, some good plots and portrayed as powerful.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By dshipp17

@theexile285 said:

Ugh, they really killed off Zola? She was one of my favorite character from Azzarello's run. =/

What does this mean for Athena?

Yes, Zola was Athena; so, I think this means that Hecate killed Athena; somehow, it looks like she used Wonder Woman so that she could kill the Olympians.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@csg_cl: @somayareece:But isn't Ruka confirmed as the writer that will take over after the flinch?. So there is a good writer coming to take care of the title in the New 52.

Yes, that's what we've been talking about

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @somayareece said:

For me it's mostly out of habit ... I've read WW for so long that it seems weird NOT to read her ... I slugged through some pretty mediocre stuff over the years, just because I like to read everything I can with WW in it ... also I enjoy that I know a great writer is just around the corner and I'm itching to see what he does with her in his second run on the character!

^This!

As far as Zola goes, it's worthy of a song "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead". I really couldn't stand her boring, country, flip-flop and wolf t-shirt wearing ass. Hopefully she's shopping at the big Wal-Mart in the sky, with other dead Nascar loving hicks.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @somayareece said:

^This!

As far as Zola goes, it's worthy of a song "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead". I really couldn't stand her boring, country, flip-flop and wolf t-shirt wearing ass. Hopefully she's shopping at the big Wal-Mart in the sky, with other dead Nascar loving hicks.

come on ... we all know Zola shops at Family Dollar!

Although I'd say I very much doubt she's really dead given the context of the story

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: they have been calling it Rebirth, but not sure how much reboot is happening

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Saint_Sophie

What?! Zola's dead or gonna die? Ugh. I liked her :(.

Well.. as Miley Cyrus' song FU once said:

"One of them's f and the other one's u" Finches.. even if you bring back Zola.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@agent41: @csg_cl: i think its like a rebranding or a soft reboot but Rucka said hes gonna address everything that came before so idk if people are gonna get the clay origin and all that they want back

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: @csg_cl: i think its like a rebranding or a soft reboot but Rucka said hes gonna address everything that came before so idk if people are gonna get the clay origin and all that they want back

My understanding is that the name N52 will go away entirely (they've been working away from it for the last year anyway). From what I've read Rucka will have 2 arcs going at once for WW, which will be bi-weekly, one will be current and one will be focused on a "Year One" story line.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.