Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8823 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 44 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This is was mostly about Donna Troy settling into London. Wonder Woman finds out that a close friend was responsible for forging the arrow that shot her. Donna Troy may have gotten involved in something that she might regret, trying to help a woman against a man.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

OMG they showed her nekked back while taking off her cloths! SEXISM!, MISOGYNY! OPPRESSIVE PIGS!, DIVERSITY!, SEX OBJECT! THEY'RE OBJECTIFYING HER! RAGE! RAGE! Time to get out the pitch forks and target them .

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Reminder

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Archizooom

Dumping that arrow in the river was so so clever, this new Finchy Wonder Woman is really impressive and smart. shouldn't Wonder Woman have lost her powers too btw, she can join her jerk of a boyfriend and commiserate with him over their fall from grace

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should just kick Diana to the curve and make this book about Donna. No disrespect, it ain't like they writing Diana properly anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donna Troy isn't saving this book for me. There has been absolutely no character development for her. I feel like she instantly regretted everything she did with no real justification for her attitude change. One talk with Wonder Woman is all it takes?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Donna faced off against that guy lord in heaven knows I thought she was gonna End him..

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Donna faced off against that guy lord in heaven knows I thought she was gonna End him..

I thought the same thing!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I literally stopped to take a breath before moving to the next page. And for some reason she reminds me of Starfire with her dialogue. And another thing .. if the gods are mortal outside of Olympus ..why does Diana still have her powers?..

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I literally stopped to take a breath before moving to the next page. And for some reason she reminds me of Starfire with her dialogue. And another thing .. if the gods are mortal outside of Olympus ..why does Diana still have her powers?..

Right? It's bad enough that they have basically ignored stuff from the previous run (i.e. where did god-mode go? swiss army bracelets? her entire personality?), but they are contradicting their own story with something like that! More poorly organized writing.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

@csg_cl said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Right? It's bad enough that they have basically ignored stuff from the previous run (i.e. where did god-mode go? swiss army bracelets? her entire personality?), but they are contradicting their own story with something like that! More poorly organized writing.

I don't think mortality has a connection to their power. The way I see it, they're just more prone to death than they were before. Now there's a bigger chance of them dying without hope for resurrection/reincarnation as gods often do. But I agree with the changes on this run compared to that of Azzarellos run, a lot of things aren't adding up.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Wait what? When did this appear?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

new issue of WW Hera tells Diana that with the Fates dead the Olympians are basically human outside of Olympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

new issue of WW Hera tells Diana that with the Fates dead the Olympians are basically human outside of Olympus

This writing just keeps getting more interesting (if not worse).

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was up with the Fates' outfits? And who the hell thought those shears were scissors made of gold?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Sigh... as if DC needed another reason to effectively depower the gods so mere mortals could beat them.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Sigh... as if DC needed another reason to effectively depower the gods so mere mortals could beat them.

yeah ... it's getting old

@somayareece it's just plain bad IMO and keeps going down hill :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Well, how else is Batman suppose to beat them?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Outside_85

@csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Not to mention it seems rather pointless from the perspective they could only be killed by other Olympians previously, which is only really a problem as long as you forget how many demi-gods that are actually running around at any given time and if he wanted to, Hep could just make somekind of weapon that could do it, playing into Rucka's 'god-touched' weapons.

But all that said, this is just a chink in the Gods armor, if it gets to play any part at all, if I understand it correctly, it's not like they are reduced to just being powerless humans if they leave their abode.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Well, how else is Batman suppose to beat them?

LOL ... well, I'm sure someone would come up with a way for BM to defeat all of the gods with one batarang forged by Hephaestus!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

Not to mention it seems rather pointless from the perspective they could only be killed by other Olympians previously, which is only really a problem as long as you forget how many demi-gods that are actually running around at any given time and if he wanted to, Hep could just make somekind of weapon that could do it, playing into Rucka's 'god-touched' weapons.

But all that said, this is just a chink in the Gods armor, if it gets to play any part at all, if I understand it correctly, it's not like they are reduced to just being powerless humans if they leave their abode.

Team Finch clearly isn't thinking through their decision making process. Realistically the Fates death should kill everyone, or perhaps make everyone unkillable (wasn't that already done?). Why should the death of the Fates would make only Olympians mortal and killable?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Team Finch clearly isn't thinking through their decision making process. Realistically the Fates death should kill everyone, or perhaps make everyone unkillable (wasn't that already done?).

Why should the death of the Fates would make only Olympians mortal and killable?

In classical myths it wouldn't do anything, the Fates were simply custodians even the gods trusted to oversee such a task. They weren't killers (that was Thanatos job) or influential on ones fate or life (every other god), they just measured out how long it was.

As for why:

No Caption Provided

That said, it was also a waste really, the Fates could have lead to other gods and systems of belief, like them showing up in their guise as the Norns or other fate and triple deities, like Gaiman did with them the Sandman.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sad but true ... although I suspect the Fates will return before too long. Hopefully they'll snip the thread of the Finch run when they do :)

@csg_cl said:

Team Finch clearly isn't thinking through their decision making process. Realistically the Fates death should kill everyone, or perhaps make everyone unkillable (wasn't that already done?).

Why should the death of the Fates would make only Olympians mortal and killable?

In classical myths it wouldn't do anything, the Fates were simply custodians even the gods trusted to oversee such a task. They weren't killers (that was Thanatos job) or influential on ones fate or life (every other god), they just measured out how long it was.

As for why:

No Caption Provided

That said, it was also a waste really, the Fates could have lead to other gods and systems of belief, like them showing up in their guise as the Norns or other fate and triple deities, like Gaiman did with them the Sandman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

sad but true ... although I suspect the Fates will return before too long. Hopefully they'll snip the thread of the Finch run when they do :)

I kinda imagine this is what they are doing metaphorically:

No Caption Provided

However, the big problem, I think, is David's status as an artist and how much DC is willing to sacrifice to keep him on board. Like, this is unlikely to be one of those cases where we hear later on how the run was cut short halfway into a story.

(The troubles of nepotism and starpower...)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I kinda imagine this is what they are doing metaphorically:

No Caption Provided

However, the big problem, I think, is David's status as an artist and how much DC is willing to sacrifice to keep him on board. Like, this is unlikely to be one of those cases where we hear later on how the run was cut short halfway into a story.

(The troubles of nepotism and starpower...)

I just don't get the David Finch appeal ... there are a ton of far more talented artists out there IMO

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I just don't get the David Finch appeal ... there are a ton of far more talented artists out there IMO

Think he's the kind of Jim Lee case of simply having worked with a lot of the right people on the right projects. It's not the quality of his art, but time and place it's been used at.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Think he's the kind of Jim Lee case of simply having worked with a lot of the right people on the right projects. It's not the quality of his art, but time and place it's been used at.

I'm sure you are right. I shouldn't be so critical, the man has talent, I just don't like his style.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Unfortunately since the sales aren't dropping, I don't see the creative team change.

@saren said:

Reminder

No Caption Provided

Meta-comment about the issue.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: thing about this is that it seems massively stupid to have an Arkham Knight game for PS4 in the DCU, unless of course it's the DCU version of Madden football since the Knights are in fact a football team. I somehow doubt Bruce Wayne would approve of a game based on his activities as Batman or glorifying his villains, who are, after all, mass murdering nutballs.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@csg_cl: I know it's absurd, but I just find it funny because typically a writer needs to have serious influence or run-popularity to change as many details of a character and mythos as Finch has changed. But no, this is coming from someone who shills Batman games in Wonder Woman comics.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: where was it stated only other Olympians could kill Olympians?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CSG_CL

@saren: exactly! This is hilariously bad!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it, but then I haven't been reading this, but since Donna was one of my favorite Titan's I've been following the reviews here and thinking about picking it up. As far as I know Donna has been re-created in this new continuity as created from the clay and ashes of Hypolita (shades of Kikio from Inuyasha). went on a killing spree on the male amazons, was captured, was in jail, broke out and now is on the run? But while in jail wasn't she all regretful about the murders she committed? Why break out if you are determined to suffer for what you did? For that matter why murder the male amazons anyway? Did the writer deliberately set out to make her a murderess just to send her on a redemption arc? That's something I'd expect from marvel.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: It doesn't make much sense at all really, and I've been following along the whole time. She somehow has an instant epiphany that what she did was wrong, then decides to atone for her sins, and then just randomly decides to escape in order to kill herself by way of the Fates. Everyone can say what they will about Azzarello's run but at least it was well written...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.