Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman #2 ***Spoilers!***

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rest in peace Nick we hardly knew you, but thanks to Rucka I feel like I did. We saw the full course of his relationship with Maya and Steve and it's all too abrupt end.

Awesome issue! I'm sure those new to the title probably found it boring, but there was a lot to process for those of us familiar with Wonder Woman's world.

Clearly Steve being in the Navy was one of the lies in issue 1.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was less decompressed than the others, a lot happening in so few pages that effectively make us feel for these characters, even Nick and lol the return of Io. I didn't want this issue to end, but man the writing, characters and most of all the artwork is phenomenal.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New to Wonder Woman. The fact the homie Nick's death effected me in the same issue he was introduced is indicative of it's quality. Are Wonder Woman writers this subtle in general?

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepreface:

Welcome! And it comes and goes, as far as the writing, but of course, everyone has their preferences. Imo, Rucka writes Wonder Woman well and you can clearly tell he likes the character and her history. On the other hand, some prefer writers like Brian Azzerello, who wrote good dialogue with lots of puns and a really interesting and dark take on the greek pantheon and, to me, just sorta put Wonder Woman into the middle of it. Then there was the Odyssey, which I personally hated when it came out cause it derailed a story I was really getting into, but I can appreciate on re-reads. There are A LOT of different takes...

Honestly, stick to rebirth for a while, and if you still find yourself liking how Rucka is rocking this "new" Wonder Woman, definitely see if you can get his previous Wonder Woman story. It's a great read!

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheExile285

I very much enjoyed the issue. I like the way Rucka depicted Paradise Island and Nicola Scott's art was fantastic.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By dshipp17

The approach in this issue was unique in sharing equal page time between Diana and Steve; it really seems that the writer and artist are really into pushing this pair.

Now, I think this image was very good and I hope more is coming.

No Caption Provided

Diana is taken out by a snake bite for a number of years, it would appear; I found this pretty interesting, in that it took out an Amazon for so long; hopefully, getting her powers through training, like the other Amazons is back; that must have been super venom, or, her Amazon healing took effect; a good, Messner-Loebs tribute, I feel.

No Caption Provided

And, Diana has well proportioned feet, I like the sandals, I hope they come back, and I like Rucka for this tendency; I hope it's back.

No Caption Provided

Issue sold, as I get my annual subscription, too, in the name of bringing Dr. Psycho back.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Archizooom

I think I know why Wonder Woman referred to herself as a "penitent" in the prelude, she's paying the price for leaving Paradise Island

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoyed the WW/Steve contrasts depicted in the comic. Was neat seeing the comparisons.

JPPT1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah as the comparisons were something else. But W.W. should had never left Themyscira.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's so much wonderful stuff in it, like the inter-generational/multi-ethnic Amazons, the glimpses of their daily lives, the return of Io and other familiar names, the nods to WW:Earth One with the capri pants, drunken lesbian sexy time and the lion headed actor, the floating targets indicating magic or technology, the snake bite portent that would've been prevented by the wearing of a bracelet and Athena watching over Diana's rescue. All of it was dope!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.