Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman # 13 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17

Diana is mentally out of it. Although it wasn't Paradise Island, Veronica Cale, who's real name is Adriana, believes that the island they've landed on may be a gateway to Paradise Island. Steve is now off on his own mission of some sort and left Diana in the hands of an older man for care. He than cages Diana, now in her Diana Prince guise.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Actually Adriana is Veronica Cale's receptionist, she just answers the cybernetic interface/calls and puts them through to Cale.

I wasn't happy with the art this issue, at first, then it grew on me as the story progressed.

Steve was cool as hell and it was easy to see what Diana sees in her survivor beyond his penchant for going shirtless.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Dr. Poison revamp into a team of professional mercenaries. I would have liked a little more actual poison, but this seemed like a good start. It was interesting how her multi-ethnic team mirrored Steve's, but without the toxin modus operandi it wasn't quite comicbooky enough. They proved their worth by annihilating The Picket though.

I'm glad Steve got treatment for Diana and left Davy to watch over her. The reinstatement of the Diana Prince alias was a nice bonus.

I bought the Jenny Frison cover, it's her best one yet, but you can't tell me that's not Kim Kardashian's face.

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing that's gotten me excited is the return of the classic Wonder Woman villains, I think he could've used Paula Von Gunther in place of Veronica Cale but what I like is that they're playing the long game and that Wonder Woman seems to be a means rather than an end

However as far as that goes, his reimagining of these characters I find it rather lacking…I was looking forward to making the acquaintance of the all-new Doctor Poison, this is definitely not what I expected but we'll see where the character goes from here, I hope she becomes Doctor Poison throughout the course of the story, prosthetic jaw and all

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Actually Adriana is Veronica Cale's receptionist, she just answers the cybernetic interface/calls and puts them through to Cale.

I wasn't happy with the art this issue, at first, then it grew on me as the story progressed.

Steve was cool as hell and it was easy to see what Diana sees in her survivor beyond his penchant for going shirtless.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Dr. Poison revamp into a team of professional mercenaries. I would have liked a little more actual poison, but this seemed like a good start. It was interesting how her multi-ethnic team mirrored Steve's, but without the toxin modus operandi it wasn't quite comicbooky enough. They proved their worth by annihilating The Picket though.

I'm glad Steve got treatment for Diana and left Davy to watch over her. The reinstatement of the Diana Prince alias was a nice bonus.

I bought the Jenny Frison cover, it's her best one yet, but you can't tell me that's not Kim Kardashian's face.

No Caption Provided

"Actually Adriana is Veronica Cale's receptionist, she just answers the cybernetic interface/calls and puts them through to Cale."

Ok, got it; great catch; but, they're both blondes, so, there's the mistake. But, not Dr. Poison yet, just the name of a group.

Actually, on second thought, I think Veronica Cale is Adriana, as she's being referred to as Doctor; she still could be a partner or receptionist, but, I believe she's actually talking to Veronica.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I waffle back and forth with this issue. I like the narrative style, the narration being the letter Steve leaves for her. But, for someone that Rucka has been setting up as being more than just Wondy's current squeeze, he left a lot to be desired in Steve for such an introspective issue. Perhaps there's more development to be had, and the ending with him taking Diana for some care was really great, but if any of us were paying attention we could pretty much tell he loves Diana, and despite saying that "that's not all there is to me" he really doesn't end his letter with anything too surprising. He's hardcore and loves Wonder Woman. I think we all figured that out by issue 2.

A good filler issue, just expected a more revealing character introspection for Steve's character. But I am curious to see what he's up to and how will Diana go forward in her alias.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Archizooom

@alsummers: I think Steve was better off as an agent of A.R.G.U.S to be perfectly honest, I think it's important for him to have some autonomy from Wonder Woman and beneficial to Wonder Woman to have "ambassadors" in the DCU

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: I agree and I disagree. Being in Argus left him a lot of opportunities outside of Wonder Woman, but yet he was never featured in a Wonder Woman story. Weird being a Wonder Woman character and not showing up at all in her books even once. Same with Etta Candy. Plus when he was ARGUS he was basically the beating puppet of the government paranoid Justice League and superhuman paranoid Amanda Waller. ARGUS was a good platform but did not utilize his character at all well other than to create strife between Wonder Woman, Superman, and him.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: I agree and I disagree. Being in Argus left him a lot of opportunities outside of Wonder Woman, but yet he was never featured in a Wonder Woman story. Weird being a Wonder Woman character and not showing up at all in her books even once. Same with Etta Candy. Plus when he was ARGUS he was basically the beating puppet of the government paranoid Justice League and superhuman paranoid Amanda Waller. ARGUS was a good platform but did not utilize his character at all well other than to create strife between Wonder Woman, Superman, and him.

Well, same was the case with Dr. Psycho, when he was appearing in Superboy, Teen Titans, and Justice League, but not in the Wonder Woman book or even being connected to Wonder Woman, except his brief alluding to her bondage weakness; Dr. Psycho has gotten even worse of the shaft, so far.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Don't know what Dr. Psycho has anything to do with this issue or conversation but ok.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dshipp17

@alsummers said:

@dshipp17: Don't know what Dr. Psycho has anything to do with this issue or conversation but ok.

You're actually unable to take an obvious implication from "well, same was the case", in that short of a paragraph? That means, similar to Steve, Dr. Psycho also did not appear in the Wonder Woman book during the referenced time period; and, that's the connection to the conversation; Argus actually had nothing to do with this issue, either.

And, also, on second thought, I think Adriana and Veronica Cale are one in the same, as she's being referred to as Doctor and directly answering a question directed to Veronica.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: As an agent of ARGUS, he was still known to everyone as the guy that Wonder Woman dumped for Superman. Trevor's been written far better in Rucka's WW, both as a love interest and as a character with agency.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsummers: @rurgandy: He made a fleeting appearance in Secret Origins, he was Wonder Woman's ticket out of the island, Steve didn't really have a place in Azzarello's story but he got to play the lead in Forever Evil which was pretty nice, he hit some low points in SM/WW but that's the name of the game, when Wonder Woman and her supporting cast interact with Superman nothing good ever comes from that…all things considered I'd say the new 52 marked Steve's return to form and even though I like the character now, I feel like in the long haul staying in A.R.G.U.S would've been beneficial to him, but only time will tell

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Seriously? Getting bitchy with me? ARGUS may have had nothing to do with this issue. But Steve Trevor certainly does and that was the point of the conversation. You're the one needlessly bringing in Psycho into a conversation that didn't warrant nor ask for it.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Seriously? Getting bitchy with me? ARGUS may have had nothing to do with this issue. But Steve Trevor certainly does and that was the point of the conversation. You're the one needlessly bringing in Psycho into a conversation that didn't warrant nor ask for it.

Sure he's warranted, since you brought up Wonder Woman characters/rogues resurrected in New-52 but outside the Wonder Woman book; hence, see point in the original post. Maybe you didn't ask for it, but you're not the sum total of the Wonder Woman franchise. Maybe you're looking something like me bringing up Sabrina the Teenage Witch or something; that's completely outside of the DC and Wonder Woman boundaries. And you were the one who originally got snappy when I commented, so, it's just being returned (e.g. and, hence, your last little piece in this comment).

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

You're actually unable to take an obvious implication from "well, same was the case", in that short of a paragraph? That means, similar to Steve, Dr. Psycho also did not appear in the Wonder Woman book during the referenced time period; and, that's the connection to the conversation; Argus actually had nothing to do with this issue, either.

And, also, on second thought, I think Adriana and Veronica Cale are one in the same, as she's being referred to as Doctor and directly answering a question directed to Veronica.

Okay, whatevs, think what you want

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @alsummers said:

Okay, whatevs, think what you want

You can see that panel and tell that the person on the speaker is talking to the person in the room, referring to her as Doctor and asking for direction. So, I'm knowing what is, not just what I want; I've noticed that you always take issue when being corrected.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lololol Okay, I've noticed you can't see

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.