Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman # 12 Spoilers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

An extension from last issue. The terrorist group's name is Ares rearranged. Ares says he's waited a long time for Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman can officially talk to animals again.

No Caption Provided

The golden lasso's ability to force people to tell the truth is back.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And, Cheetah gets some alone time with Wonder Woman.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Another Five Star issue! I'm getting a little sick of the heavy handed way Rucka is hammering home his political views though, I think I preferred a new to Man's World Diana that immediately loves ice cream, to one that thinks soda "is... very sugar". Looking at the bright side I love that Etta is the one introducing Diana to the evils of sugar and margaritas.

We finally have the Unity with Beasts/Snow White power back! It seems subtle but can be very useful and it's a well liked added layer to her set of abilities that few writers acknowledge.

The nod to Doctor Poison with the Maru virus was great as was the mention of terror, panic, discord and war, Ares and his 3 children, 2 of which are also names of Veronica Cale's dogs. This along with the evil tree and snakebite are tying "The Lies" and "Year One" together nicely!

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems way too soon to end "Year #1". I mean, it's been less than a week since Diana arrived to Man's World, and the conflict with Ares has only just been fully established. I haven't been reading the solicits, is the next arc after this one still a flashback to her earliest days?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems way too soon to end "Year #1". I mean, it's been less than a week since Diana arrived to Man's World, and the conflict with Ares has only just been fully established. I haven't been reading the solicits, is the next arc after this one still a flashback to her earliest days?

Year One is finished?

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GrandWonder

One thing I love about Greg Rucka is his portrayal of the Olympian gods when he gave them a modern look. It really shows that they are not dumb and evolved past the caveman eras. At least Ares is back to his classic George Perez look. That is great news to me.

Now if only Ares can stomp whole pantheons again, that would be real awesome for me.

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinlan58: Agreed about being too early. The end can be very abrupt. But I'm giving them a chance.

Next arc is called Godwatch and, yes, it will also be set in the past. The villain is different, though:

it will focus on the organization that has been messing with Diana since she came to our world. It is confirmed she will meet Dr. Cyber on issue 18, but there are other villains involved.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.