Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Man

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know there's a character in Marvel with this name but I am not entirely sure he that he is based on Wonder Woman at all. I would like to see a male interpretation of Wonder Woman. It would be interesting how Wonder Woman would respond to him. guy that could be the opposite of what Diana represents. I would also like if he looked a lot like Mario Rodriguez (Google is your friend).

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know there's a character in Marvel with this name but I am not entirely sure he that he is based on Wonder Woman at all. I would like to see a male interpretation of Wonder Woman. It would be interesting how Wonder Woman would respond to him. guy that could be the opposite of what Diana represents. I would also like if he looked a lot like Mario Rodriguez (Google is your friend).

I feel they could make it her long lost brother , but not by the name wonder man , probably Mighty Man , he shares her powers except instead him having a Tiara , a mystical male circlet and his strength is greater , it would be a great idea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: I like your points. It would be great with the right person writing it imo.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@somayareece: Technically there is a DC Wonder Man (from Earth-11, which is pretty much gender-bent earth).

No Caption Provided

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kcomicfan

Wonder man is nothing like Wonder Woman.

IMO A male counter part to Wonder woman is not needed

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: I like your points. It would be great with the right person writing it imo.

I mean they Supergirl , Superboy and Superman , then their Wonder Girl (many different incarnations), Wonder Woman , whats wrong with a Mighty Man ? especially with a good writer, he could become the next big time hero

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By birdman400

@goonage said:

@somayareece: Technically there is a DC Wonder Man (from Earth-11, which is pretty much gender-bent earth).

No Caption Provided

yea but what about one on normal earth ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: I agree. Wonder Woman needs more people that are relatable to her. A male character would be great for her family.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@goonage said:

No Caption Provided

yea but what about one on normal earth ?

I doubt they'll make one. Marvel's Wonder Man is much more well known and is also related to the origins of other characters (Vision). Besides, if they do create a Wonder Man, it'll probably create another Captain Marvel type-fight.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By QuasarPrime

In the old Pre-Crisis there was Captain Wonder who was an imagined male version of WW, who was even stronger because the person imagining him imagined WW was at that level. There was also Wonder Warrior who wore an exact-at-that-time copy of WW's outfit, but the top had "straps", more like a male "tank-top" I believe this male to now be that of the DC male Wonder Man depicted above in the scans. But as Wonder Warrior, he even had a magic lasso.

Marvel Wonder Man has no bearing on WW (of course) and nothing in common with her besides the name and his super-strength. When they met, they would annually have an arm-wrestling contest, which according to the bystanders, WW always won. This year they were betting on WM.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules is her brother right? Why not just do something with him? I think he's only appeared once, and that was when he'd been driven mad, and Aquaman had to drop him back in a fiery pit.

Wonder Woman expressed a desire to do something about that at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.