Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Will Gal keep her accent?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I was rewatching one of the comic con panels with Gal in it and I just realized, her accent seems less thick. Do you think she'll try to suppress it in the movie or will it shine..

and make almost everything she says unreadable to the american audience.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

She should use to accent more ,Diana in Live-action should have an accent

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully. Wouldn't feel right with an accent. I'd be seeing Gal Gadot and not WW if she kept it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moviepilot just did a article on this a few hours ago. I personally don't care.

I am under the impression that Gal Gadot is suppose to be based on the N52 animated Wonder Woman. They both have that Middle Eastern look and have a accent.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i hope she does. why would ww have an american accent

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all of you guys saying that WW shouldn't have an american accent.. it actually makes sense imo lol. She works and operates in America, shouldn't her accent gradually have Americanized itself or at least to an extent after living all those yearns away from home?

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I honestly wish we had a actress that can replicate Susan Eisenberg's voice.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I remembered once watching a Susan Eisenberg interview and I don't if it was just my perception, but her real voice didn't sound entirely like Diana's in the show. I don't know. I've noticed that with just about everyone of my fave voice actors/actresses.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: You do know most voice actors change the pitch of their voice for animated characters? It seems weird but it's very talented. I personally can't do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@saint_sophie: thats if she never visited home but we dont know if the period piece rumor is even true yet

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I feel so stupid now lol.

Damn. A lot of practice must take to do that. That also explains why when I search up interviews for some of WW's past voice actresses, ex - Michelle Monaghan or Keri Russell, it almost never sounds the exact same as the movie.

I can't do it either.

@saint_sophie: thats if she never visited home but we dont know if the period piece rumor is true yet

Well said, but you can lose an accent regardless. I know people at my school who were born in a different country, came to Canada around age teenage years and after a couple years, I almost don't year the accent despite them saying they visit their homeland often.

I guess it's different for everyone though so take that as a grain of salt.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Curve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always somehow envisioned WW with a slight English accent. Like Agent Carter in the MCU.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all of you guys saying that WW shouldn't have an american accent.. it actually makes sense imo lol. She works and operates in America, shouldn't her accent gradually have Americanized itself or at least to an extent after living all those yearns away from home?

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Well that's only if she is living and operating mainly in America in the movie verse. I know that in the comics she lives and protects London for the majority of the time she spends without the Justice League.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.